The Weather

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: The Weather

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:I hit a shower of snow on the dual carriageway over Holden Forest this morning at around quarter to seven and some sleet on the way back just past Cullompton. Beany hat and fleece time, I'm glad that I bunged my scarf into my manbag :ooer:

Beautiful sunny day here in the Borders - the world is going mad I tell you. :ooer:

New tyres on the car and the works van, watching everyone else give up while you blat your way through it with a grin is fun. Neither Rain Nor Snow Nor Glom of Nit etc...

Ooer, you've gone all American. :ooer:

I'd enjoy that too, but I live in the frozen north and we just don't seem to get snow. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:48 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:I hit a shower of snow on the dual carriageway over Holden Forest this morning at around quarter to seven and some sleet on the way back just past Cullompton. Beany hat and fleece time, I'm glad that I bunged my scarf into my manbag :ooer:

Beautiful sunny day here in the Borders - the world is going mad I tell you. :ooer:

New tyres on the car and the works van, watching everyone else give up while you blat your way through it with a grin is fun. Neither Rain Nor Snow Nor Glom of Nit etc...

Ooer, you've gone all American. :ooer:

I'd enjoy that too, but I live in the frozen north and we just don't seem to get snow. :dunno:

Several years of participation and organisation of motorsports, I love it when it's all wet and dirty :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Goodwife » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:07 pm

No snow yet but its starting to get a bit nippy out. Might have to put my coat on tomorrow

I was watching the news earlier and the weatherman was quite fit :wubwub:
Goodwife

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:30 pm

Still snowed in.
Sunday looks dreadful!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:55 am

its freezing here in cali...66 F day and 40 at nite.
-But there is something to be said for a British christmas.Makes me think of Alistair Sim .Too bad they dont allow christmas there anymore.
calitom

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:21 am

calitom wrote:its freezing here in cali...66 F day and 40 at nite.
-But there is something to be said for a British christmas.Makes me think of Alistair Sim .Too bad they dont allow christmas there anymore.

Every village in the land and towns and cities are covered in Merry Xmas lights and banners Tom along with large stores and small shops and no one says happy holidays.
Don't fall for or spread the agenda of the few.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:44 pm

According to the wireless this area will get 10 cm snow in the morning, we will see,

We hack thick iced up car windows this morning, the front and back clear easy/quick with the pressing of one button bur the sides take longer,
Major
Twat.

Postby Major » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:35 pm

Heard and read about the weather around here for tomorrow, I do not usually bother but??????
We went out to Tesco and stocked up just in case we get snowed in, we usually stock up Monday.

'Loads' of people were buying FRESH turkey, did not see the point to freeze them.
Major
Twat.

Postby Bella » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Major Starbold wrote:According to the wireless this area will get 10 cm snow in the morning, we will see,

We hack thick iced up car windows this morning, the front and back clear easy/quick with the pressing of one button bur the sides take longer,

Good to hear you are keeping up to date with your "Wireless" :smilin:
Bella

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:41 pm

Bella wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:According to the wireless this area will get 10 cm snow in the morning, we will see,

But you can't get Three-Way Family Favourites on those new fangled things. :dunno:
Last edited by McAz on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
McAz

Postby Goodwife » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Sounds a bit balmy

Still no snow here either. I did have to put my coat on though. No one needs to see my nipples through my clothes :gigglesnshit:
Goodwife

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:46 pm

People stocking up today like crazy.
Tesco car park impossible.
Aldi carpark impossible.
Coal yard car park impossible!
Can't blame people though.
We've been snowed in for 24 hrs managed to get out today.
Later tonight and into Sunday is looking like a total white out for many of us.
We had a four hours power cut last night ... well 3.am till around 8.am so it didn't have too big an impact.
Batteries wind up lamps candles paraffin logs all selling out fast.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:47 pm

Goodwife wrote:

No one needs to see my nipples through my clothes :gigglesnshit:

It's not a matter of need ......
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Bella » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:58 pm

McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:

But you can't get the Home Service on those new fangled things. :dunno:

I think it turned into Radio 4
A tune for those who listen the "wireless" at night

Must confess to loving Radio 4 , good for listening to in the middle of the night when sleep is disrupted and whilst driving, good plays and discussions and the Archers of course.
Bella

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:03 pm

Bella wrote:
McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:

But you can't get the Home Service on those new fangled things. :dunno:

I think it turned into Radio 4
A tune for those who listen the "wireless" at night

Must confess to loving Radio 4 , good for listening to in the middle of the night when sleep is disrupted and whilst driving, good plays and discussions and the Archers of course.

Sailing By :wubwub:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug