Yuletide Feasting

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Yuletide Feasting

Postby Major » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Are you slowing down your food intake for a couple of days prior the big feasts, Christmas & Boxing Day"?
We are at home Christmas day, big day away with our kids on Boxing Day, 2 excessively large feasts so we need to make some room for it.

I reckon ost eat too much at Christmas.

Will you eat too much?
Major
Twat.

Re: Yuletide Feasting

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:25 pm

No, starbold - I am moderate in all things.
McAz

Postby Major » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:27 pm

McAz wrote:No, starbold - I am moderate in all things.

I am NOT Starbold, I am MaJor, please use it.
Major
Twat.

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Major wrote:
McAz wrote:No, starbold - I am moderate in all things.

I am NOT Starbold, I am MaJor, please use it.

Please don't troll this festive thread, this is the Snug - if you want to talk about you then please do so in the Arms. I use starbold as an adjective, starbold, not a proper noun, which is why the first letter of starbold is not capitalized, starbold.

BTW, I enjoy curried turkey on the day after Boxing Day - yum. :drool:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Major wrote:Are you slowing down your food intake for a couple of days prior the big feasts, Christmas & Boxing Day"?
We are at home Christmas day, big day away with our kids on Boxing Day, 2 excessively large feasts so we need to make some room for it.

I reckon ost eat too much at Christmas.

Will you eat too much?

Yep.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Got to go into Carlisle for a jar of mixed pickles, damn - the nearest town has none nowhere. Who are these people who buy up all the mixed pickles? Same people who love Eat Me dates I venture. :grrrrr:
McAz

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Well that's done - almost an hour's drive for a singular jar of Haywoods mixed pickles. Don't even like them much but Boxing Day scran just doesn't feel right without them.
McAz

Postby Bella » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:09 pm

McAz wrote:Well that's done - almost an hour's drive for a singular jar of Haywoods mixed pickles. Don't even like them much but Boxing Day scran just doesn't feel right without them.

Booths in Kendal, Sizergh Barn or Plumgarths up my way, Mcaz, bit of a drive for you though :smilin:
Bella

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:18 pm

Bella wrote:
McAz wrote:Well that's done - almost an hour's drive for a singular jar of Haywoods mixed pickles. Don't even like them much but Boxing Day scran just doesn't feel right without them.

Booths in Kendal, Sizergh Barn or Plumgarths up my way, Mcaz, bit of a drive for you though :smilin:

We have a Cranstons and Houghton Hall relatively close but they were all out of pickles. Got some lovely cake and local honey at Lanercost Abbey and bits and pieces from Brocksbushes Xmas Fayre in Northumberland.

Haven't been to the 2 Sisters in a while - takes about an hour to get to Kendal.
McAz

Postby Bella » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:38 pm

McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:

We have a Cranstons and Houghton Hall relatively close but they were all out of pickles. Got some lovely cake and local honey at Lanercost Abbey and bits and pieces from Brocksbushes Xmas Fayre in Northumberland.

Haven't been to the 2 Sisters in a while - takes about an hour to get to Kendal.

Theres a smaller version of 2 sisters in town too now but this one is excellent, worth a trip up https://en-gb.facebook.com/cafeolivekendal/

New one opened , haven't been yet but friends etc say its very good https://en-gb.facebook.com/Red-Door-Kit ... 439232085/
Bella

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:54 pm

Bella wrote:
McAz wrote:
Bella wrote:

Theres a smaller version of 2 sisters in town too now but this one is excellent, worth a trip up https://en-gb.facebook.com/cafeolivekendal/

New one opened , haven't been yet but friends etc say its very good https://en-gb.facebook.com/Red-Door-Kit ... 439232085/

Thanks Bella - worth considering when we're down that way. :thumbsup:
McAz

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug