Feeling low and worried.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Feeling low and worried.

Postby bristollisa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:00 pm

I won't go into too much detail but I feel low, quite low at times. I have been drinking last week every day and my excuse is it's Christmas. When I drink I feel good but next day really low. I don't go out, no friends other than family most of them still live in Bristol. I'm out of work for the first time since leaving school due to problems with my joints. Trying hard to get into administration type work. Before that just worked in factories.

I know the drink is part of the problem and it costs me money I can't afford to lose. Honestly, as I type my thoughts I am already feeling better. I will have a little nap and then may revisit the forum to see what others think.
User avatar
bristollisa
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby megaera » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:03 pm

If you feel low when you stop drinking, then the answer is to not stop :more beer:
User avatar
megaera
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby megaera » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:04 pm

PS. You do know what this sub-forum is, don't you? :ooer:
User avatar
megaera
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby Stooo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Can you not move back to Bristol?
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 78124
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby Stooo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:07 pm

megaera wrote:PS. You do know what this sub-forum is, don't you? :ooer:


Snugged it :thumbsup:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 78124
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby bristollisa » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:02 pm

You made me lol a little bit about the keep on drinking. At times I do, but not good and I know you were joking. Moving back to Bristol is not an option as there is hardly any work out there, and may not get another mortgage.
User avatar
bristollisa
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby Poca » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:05 pm

bristollisa wrote:You made me lol a little bit about the keep on drinking. At times I do, but not good and I know you were joking. Moving back to Bristol is not an option as there is hardly any work out there, and may not get another mortgage.


I’m sure when you find a job you will meet new friends.... and the rest will follow :smilin: ..... good luck :thumbsup:
Poca
 
Posts: 13339
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby Major » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Leave Bristol, the move will do you good, how can anyone wanna live there?

They cannot even play football.

Staying here amongst the other drunks will make you lower, have a word with Rolly. :trollface:
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST.
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:08 am

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:18 pm

bristollisa wrote:You made me lol a little bit about the keep on drinking. At times I do, but not good and I know you were joking. Moving back to Bristol is not an option as there is hardly any work out there, and may not get another mortgage.



What part of Bristol you from then?
I grew up there as a kid. We might have neighbours!
( I won't say what part of Bristol just yet, because you might chose the the other side of town)
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby jp761 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:22 pm

Get back to Bristol, I love that area, especially as Somerset isn't far away. :mrgreen:
User avatar
jp761
 
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:11 am

As a born again non-drinker I'd say lay off the fucking booze. I wish I had £100 for every life I've seen it ruin, including my own, I'd have quite a few grand tucked away now.

Seriously, apart from the expense it can give you a skewed vision of life, your life - and when it's clearly not what you'd hoped it would be, can make the problems getting out of it seem insurmountable.
Dear Lord, save us from the wrath of the Tartars
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 32975
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am
Location: The Emirates Stadium, Islington, London N5

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby Kizzie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:34 am

Since I cleaned up my act ( drink, smoke and drug free now) life really got better. they are all life and money wasters.

Good luck for your future only you can change the outcome
User avatar
Kizzie
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby Vicks » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:26 am

Trapper John wrote:As a born again non-drinker I'd say lay off the fucking booze. I wish I had £100 for every life I've seen it ruin, including my own, I'd have quite a few grand tucked away now.

Seriously, apart from the expense it can give you a skewed vision of life, your life - and when it's clearly not what you'd hoped it would be, can make the problems getting out of it seem insurmountable.


Good post TJ.

:thumbsup:
:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66214
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Scotland.

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby Vicks » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:28 am

Kizzie wrote:Since I cleaned up my act ( drink, smoke and drug free now) life really got better. they are all life and money wasters.

Good luck for your future only you can change the outcome



That's a nice avatar Kizzie, is that your dog?
:sleigh:
User avatar
Vicks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 66214
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Scotland.

Re: Feeling low and worried.

Postby Kizzie » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:32 am

Vicks wrote:
Kizzie wrote:Since I cleaned up my act ( drink, smoke and drug free now) life really got better. they are all life and money wasters.

Good luck for your future only you can change the outcome



That's a nice avatar Kizzie, is that your dog?


Yes, Vicks, that is my Taz. :wubbers:
User avatar
Kizzie
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest