Holidays and travel.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:36 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Yes great view of the city.
Only once have I been up there when it's cold and foggy and the fog is below you obliterating everything except the clear dark star filled night.
Perfect for sky watching.
I was involved with training security dogs up there a long time ago.
If you have Holcomb Hill though I think you have all you need for sky watching. :thumbsup:


It sounds like it’s worth a trip just to see it. Suitable for dragging a dog up there?

Definitely.
The view of the city is fantastic plus you get to see planes skimming the tops of the Pennines as they approach Manchester airport.
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 1699
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Yes great view of the city.
Only once have I been up there when it's cold and foggy and the fog is below you obliterating everything except the clear dark star filled night.
Perfect for sky watching.
I was involved with training security dogs up there a long time ago.
If you have Holcomb Hill though I think you have all you need for sky watching. :thumbsup:


It sounds like it’s worth a trip just to see it. Suitable for dragging a dog up there?

Definitely.
The view of the city is fantastic plus you get to see planes skimming the tops of the Pennines as they approach Manchester airport.

Cheers Rolly! I think we’ll head up there on Sunday. We were going to Lyme Park but we’ve been there loads. Will be nice to try somewhere new.
User avatar
NastyNickers
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby measurer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Bella wrote:Anyone got any plans or dreams of travelling or holidays for this year, home or abroad?

Been stuck in with a lurgy for a few days and need an uplift :smilin:


I'll be back here - Essaouira, Morocco - in April. Would have been March but my passport haadn't enough time left n it - needed 6 months by the return date. So laidback and chilled. Also a UNESCO site that they are working on right now, though I hope it doesn't change the way of life for them.
Attachments
b.jpg
“Originality always wins over copycats in the final run as copycats have limited prowess to ideate and craft.”

Anuj Somany
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7830
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby Punk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:34 pm

I had planned to do the Trans-Siberian this summer but the Russians won the hosting of the World Cup so that's on hold for a year.

'I'm not doing it as a foreign tourist, which will save me over £4,000. Not doing the whole length but stopping off at all the major towns for a couple of nights each.
People are quicker to correct you than to answer an inquiry: It's called Godwin's Law
User avatar
Punk
 
Posts: 5245
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:28 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Yes great view of the city.
Only once have I been up there when it's cold and foggy and the fog is below you obliterating everything except the clear dark star filled night.
Perfect for sky watching.
I was involved with training security dogs up there a long time ago.
If you have Holcomb Hill though I think you have all you need for sky watching. :thumbsup:


It sounds like it’s worth a trip just to see it. Suitable for dragging a dog up there?

Definitely.
The view of the city is fantastic plus you get to see planes skimming the tops of the Pennines as they approach Manchester airport.

Cheers Rolly! I think we’ll head up there on Sunday. We were going to Lyme Park but we’ve been there loads. Will be nice to try somewhere new.

Looking at the forecast you might not even make Lyme Park on Sunday!
My music making hobby ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 1699
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby Bella » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:34 am

measurer wrote:
Bella wrote:Anyone got any plans or dreams of travelling or holidays for this year, home or abroad?

Been stuck in with a lurgy for a few days and need an uplift :smilin:


I'll be back here - Essaouira, Morocco - in April. Would have been March but my passport haadn't enough time left n it - needed 6 months by the return date. So laidback and chilled. Also a UNESCO site that they are working on right now, though I hope it doesn't change the way of life for them.


Oh I love that place, I went years ago and always have wanted to return. :smilin:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 5702
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby Bella » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:36 am

I'm off to Porto with the Ladies to celebrate a Birthday in a couple of weels :cheers:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 5702
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby measurer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:15 pm

Bella wrote:
measurer wrote:
Bella wrote:Anyone got any plans or dreams of travelling or holidays for this year, home or abroad?

Been stuck in with a lurgy for a few days and need an uplift :smilin:


I'll be back here - Essaouira, Morocco - in April. Would have been March but my passport haadn't enough time left n it - needed 6 months by the return date. So laidback and chilled. Also a UNESCO site that they are working on right now, though I hope it doesn't change the way of life for them.


Oh I love that place, I went years ago and always have wanted to return. :smilin:


I go as often as I can and have a few friends that live there, so stay with one of them, but I also can choose a nice riad. Sometimes the latter wins for privacy. I love Marrakesh but the heat and rushing are just not me, and the heat can be wearing. Went for 1 night in June, wore long chiffon dress and got suntanned ! lol

I prefer Essa though, as you have sun, sea and the circulating air around the medina. Mind you, there are some smells at times.... Hopefully the drains will be getting upgraded along with the city walls.
“Originality always wins over copycats in the final run as copycats have limited prowess to ideate and craft.”

Anuj Somany
User avatar
measurer
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7830
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:51 pm
Location: Taking care of business...

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests