Holidays and travel.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby Jobless Oddball. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:31 am

Dimples wrote:
Jobless Oddball. wrote:
Dimples wrote:I'm sure you're right... but we opted to do the classic tour as a first venture. I didn't mind Delhi at all, although we didn't see as much of it as we had hoped. Unfortunately our travel plans were badly disrupted by the snow we had at the beginning of March, so we missed 36 hours of the start of our holiday.

I wasn't too enchanted with Jaipur - with the exception of the Amber Fort, although it was utterly mobbed! The think that put me off Jaipur a little is that I think it was there that we contracted a gastro-intestinal bug. After consulting our fellow travellers, we think we narrowed it down to one specific thing which four of us had eaten but the others had not. The four of us who ate it all ended up feeling unwell.

Sadly this meant that we were feeling very dodgy indeed when we flew to Goa... and we did not feel right for the entire time we were in Goa. We didn't even leave our hotel until our last day, so I have no idea if Goa is lovely or not! :gigglesnshit:

Is it a bit unclean out in that neck of the woods????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well, some places have a bit of reputation for being a little dirty, JO... but that's mostly due to lack of infrastructure and amenities. That said, we were certainly being ferried around to fairly smart places, so we were sheltered from much of that reality. You still do get an idea of the poverty and lack of basic organisation in some places though.

I have to say though that as far as experiences go, there are few places I have visited which are so vibrant, noisy, chaotic and overwhelming as India. Even just a half-hoor drive through a city in India will show you commonplace activity which would never be seen here... such as a family of four - plus a live chicken - riding on a motor scooter... and the person sitting on the pillion seat is a lady in a sari, sitting sidesaddle! :pmsl:

And the above is the reason I would never go abroad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball.

Postby Dimples » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 am

Jobless Oddball. wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Jobless Oddball. wrote:
Dimples wrote:I'm sure you're right... but we opted to do the classic tour as a first venture. I didn't mind Delhi at all, although we didn't see as much of it as we had hoped. Unfortunately our travel plans were badly disrupted by the snow we had at the beginning of March, so we missed 36 hours of the start of our holiday.

I wasn't too enchanted with Jaipur - with the exception of the Amber Fort, although it was utterly mobbed! The think that put me off Jaipur a little is that I think it was there that we contracted a gastro-intestinal bug. After consulting our fellow travellers, we think we narrowed it down to one specific thing which four of us had eaten but the others had not. The four of us who ate it all ended up feeling unwell.

Sadly this meant that we were feeling very dodgy indeed when we flew to Goa... and we did not feel right for the entire time we were in Goa. We didn't even leave our hotel until our last day, so I have no idea if Goa is lovely or not! :gigglesnshit:

Is it a bit unclean out in that neck of the woods????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well, some places have a bit of reputation for being a little dirty, JO... but that's mostly due to lack of infrastructure and amenities. That said, we were certainly being ferried around to fairly smart places, so we were sheltered from much of that reality. You still do get an idea of the poverty and lack of basic organisation in some places though.

I have to say though that as far as experiences go, there are few places I have visited which are so vibrant, noisy, chaotic and overwhelming as India. Even just a half-hoor drive through a city in India will show you commonplace activity which would never be seen here... such as a family of four - plus a live chicken - riding on a motor scooter... and the person sitting on the pillion seat is a lady in a sari, sitting sidesaddle! :pmsl:

And the above is the reason I would never go abroad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you have against this scenario?

Is it the live chicken? :ooer:
Dimples

Postby banana chewits » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:11 am

Dimples wrote:
Jobless Oddball. wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Jobless Oddball. wrote:

it's the half-hoor drive.
banana chewits

Postby Dimples » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:19 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Jobless Oddball. wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Jobless Oddball. wrote:

it's the half-hoor drive.

Oh yes, I missed that typo. :gigglesnshit:

:oops:
Dimples

Postby banana chewits » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Dimples wrote:

sorry, it was an opportunity too good to miss. :wubwub:
banana chewits

Postby Dimples » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:23 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Dimples wrote:

sorry, it was an opportunity too good to miss. :wubwub:

Typing well is not my strongest suit. :shame:

I try very hard but cannot seem to master it. My brain is usually way ahead of my fingers and I make very silly mistakes. I really wish I had learned to type at school, so I could type at speed - and accurately.

I usually do check my post before submitting it, but mistakes in longer posts often slip through. :gigglesnshit:
Dimples

Postby Jobless Oddball. » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:04 am

Dimples wrote:

Feeling like an extra on the set of stig of the dump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you've already stated it has a reputation for being dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball.

Postby Dimples » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Jobless Oddball. wrote:
Dimples wrote:

Feeling like an extra on the set of stig of the dump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you've already stated it has a reputation for being dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you said that you don't like going abroad - presumably that means anywhere. There are plenty of places in Britain which are pretty filthy and unpleasant.

Not everywhere is dirty - either in India or elsewhere in the world. It's usually quite easy to avoid places which are likely to be unsanitary - particularly as a tourist - as most countries like to keep their tourist attractions pleasant and welcoming. :thumbsup:
Dimples

Postby Jobless Oddball. » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:39 am

Dimples wrote:
But you said that you don't like going abroad - presumably that means anywhere. There are plenty of places in Britain which are pretty filthy and unpleasant.

Not everywhere is dirty - either in India or elsewhere in the world. It's usually quite easy to avoid places which are likely to be unsanitary - particularly as a tourist - as most countries like to keep their tourist attractions pleasant and welcoming. :thumbsup:

You dont need to leave Great Britain as we have everything on our doorstep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

And I wouldn't risk leaving these fine shores due to the unsanitary problems you have described!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball.

Postby Jobless Oddball. » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:53 am

So dimples what is there to see in that there Delhi????????????????????????
Jobless Oddball.

Postby Jobless Oddball. » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:56 am

And why would anyone go somewhere where it's 50 degrees?????????????????????
Jobless Oddball.

Postby Dimples » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:02 am

Sorry JO, the thread had slipped onto the second page until you re-posted.

Delhi is a very interesting city. Sadly due to the travel disruption caused by the snow here at the beginning of March, we missed 36 hours of the start of our holiday and as a result we didn't get to see very much of it. We did manage to visit the fabulous Jama Masjid Mosque in the old part of Delhi - but sadly not the Red Fort - both built by Emperor Shah Jahan, who also built the Taj Mahal in Agra. Despite being over 400 years old, these buildings are all beautifully preserved and looked after. Delhi, as the capital, houses various embassies and consulates and has a lot of buildings designed by the architect, Lutyens... it is also a modern commercial city. It has both amazing wealth and also great poverty but it is a very vibrant place and the contrast between all of its facets made it a really fascinating place - and incredibly busy! :thumbsup:

Probably not a patch on Stevenage, Skegness or Slough though... :canny:
Dimples

Postby Rockstar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:03 am

Jobless Oddball. wrote:So dimples what is there to see in that there Delhi????????????????????????

Kareem's :thumbsup:
Rockstar

Postby Jobless Oddball » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Rockstar wrote:

Kareems....................bringing you the shits since 1976!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby Rockstar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

Kareems....................bringing you the shits since 1976!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seekh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rockstar

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug