Holidays and travel.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Holidays and travel.

Postby malamute » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Bella wrote:
malamute wrote:
Bella wrote:I'm off to Porto with the Ladies to celebrate a Birthday in a couple of weels :cheers:

Loved Porto. Went on a river cruise and the weather was fab.

Any advice on what we should see? :smilin:

To be honest I would just relax and soak the whole atmosphere up. Go on a river cruise, admire the huge bridge there, maybe visit the Sandeman Port cellars, browse the little shops and just sit on the riverside and watch the world go by.
malamute

Postby malamute » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
malamute wrote:Ive just spent an hour browsing holidays. We want to go away in June. Anybody recommend good deal sites. I used to always just go Thomson and then they got very expensive.

I cant do long hauls so its 3-4 hr flights really.

June? The UK is is pretty good at that time of year, why go abroad?

It's cheaper to go abroad.

Agreed. We live in a beautiful part of the country popular with holidaymakers and weekenders. A holiday cottage here in June would set us back £800 to £1000 a week no problem. Add on fuel, parking charges, food, drink, meals out and so on and youre talking loads of money. Hotels and B and Bs would be even more. I used to take my Mum away for a few days in this country and the money we got through was staggering and many a time we have had dreadful weather even in the summer.
malamute

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:47 pm

malamute wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
malamute wrote:Ive just spent an hour browsing holidays. We want to go away in June. Anybody recommend good deal sites. I used to always just go Thomson and then they got very expensive.

I cant do long hauls so its 3-4 hr flights really.

June? The UK is is pretty good at that time of year, why go abroad?

It's cheaper to go abroad.

Agreed. We live in a beautiful part of the country popular with holidaymakers and weekenders. A holiday cottage here in June would set us back £800 to £1000 a week no problem. Add on fuel, parking charges, food, drink, meals out and so on and youre talking loads of money. Hotels and B and Bs would be even more. I used to take my Mum away for a few days in this country and the money we got through was staggering and many a time we have had dreadful weather even in the summer.

Yes, you can't really rely on the weather in the UK. If you book in advance there's no way of knowing if it's going to be good weather or not.
Raggamuffin

Postby Major » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Hope to attend Hogueras festival and fuegos in Alicante in June .

Not yet certain but will book flights and hotel ourselveds

Look it up on Google if interested
Major
Twat.

Postby Bella » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:37 pm

malamute wrote:
Bella wrote:
malamute wrote:
Bella wrote:I'm off to Porto with the Ladies to celebrate a Birthday in a couple of weels :cheers:

Loved Porto. Went on a river cruise and the weather was fab.

Any advice on what we should see? :smilin:

To be honest I would just relax and soak the whole atmosphere up. Go on a river cruise, admire the huge bridge there, maybe visit the Sandeman Port cellars, browse the little shops and just sit on the riverside and watch the world go by.

Yes, we wii get lost away from tourist stuff, always the best thing but that book shop is must see and a river cruise and sea side visit. Very excited now :Hiya:

https://www.livrarialello.pt/en/
Bella

Postby Major » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:41 pm

Hope you enjoy Bella but be careful not to wipe out your tracks or you will not get back to Blighty.lol
Major
Twat.

Postby Bella » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Major wrote:Hope you enjoy Bella but be careful not to wipe out your tracks or you will not get back to Blighty.lol

Thank you, I'm quite an experienced traveler, so rest assured we will find our way back to "Blighty" .... unfortunately, the cold and rain etc :bawlin:
Bella

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:51 pm

I think you all know where I'm going lol.......
Mickyboy

Postby samthefootball » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:26 pm

As this is the Holiday & Travel thread this is the best place to post this. I have found out My Class and I will be going to Jersey for our study trip. It was originally going to be Edinburgh but the majority of the class wanted to go somewhere else so the tutor decided Jersey. Apparently we will be visiting a Zoo which is supposed to be very good and going to some war tunnels, and maybe a day trip to France.

My Tutor is very good as well because she said she would like us to try different food so she has booked us in a Greek restaurant there which will be nice. Its not until June so a while to go but I will try and get some good pictures and post them on here if anybody would like to see
samthefootball

Postby bogtrotter » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:42 pm

samthefootball wrote:As this is the Holiday & Travel thread this is the best place to post this. I have found out My Class and I will be going to Jersey for our study trip. It was originally going to be Edinburgh but the majority of the class wanted to go somewhere else so the tutor decided Jersey. Apparently we will be visiting a Zoo which is supposed to be very good and going to some war tunnels, and maybe a day trip to France.

My Tutor is very good as well because she said she would like us to try different food so she has booked us in a Greek restaurant there which will be nice. Its not until June so a while to go but I will try and get some good pictures and post them on here if anybody would like to see

Jersey zoo is a nice place to visit. It does a lot of conservation work. The tunnels are part of an underground hospital, built using slave labour by the Germans during the occupation years. You should enjoy it Sam, and the weather is usually good there too.
bogtrotter

Postby Star » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:52 pm

I’m hoping o get to Iceland either this year or next.
Star

Postby Mickyboy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Star wrote:I’m hoping o get to Iceland either this year or next.

Iceland is a volcanologists dream Star hope you enjoy yourself........
Mickyboy

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:04 am

I'm skint so I might get to Rhyl for a day out.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I'm skint so I might get to Rhyl for a day out.

Come on Rolly, a geeza your age and name should be rolly ing in dosh.
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:39 pm

Major wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:I'm skint so I might get to Rhyl for a day out.

Come on Rolly, a geeza your age and name should be rolly ing in dosh.

I'm not permanently skint Maj.
I have spent a lot of money on new everything the last few months.
Three new pc's phones white goods furniture etc etc the list is long.
I doubt I'll be flying again either because of health but .... I am thinking of getting a camper van again so me and the other half can maybe hit Europe but it certainly won't be this year.
I've also become what I can only describe as heat intolerant (Iceland here I come?) so I also have to take that into account.
We can't all be millionaires like you and Markey.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug