EBAY

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

EBAY

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:39 pm

I've had some right good bargains on Ebay, but have you ever like me, regretted something or perhaps it may have been sold as a size 12, but what it should have said was twelve yr old!

My folly is shoes and I have bought a beautiful, brand new pair of Lipsy boots. OMG, they're gorgeous, BUT, I am thinking on relisting this pair, as the heel is so freekin' high ! And believe me, I do wear about 5 inch ones if hidden platforms are in them, but there's not much chance I am going to enjoy walking around funnily....these are 6 inches!!
My heart is breaking !!! :bawlin:
“Originality always wins over copycats in the final run as copycats have limited prowess to ideate and craft.”

Anuj Somany
measurer
Site Admin

Re: EBAY

Postby Bella » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:12 pm

measurer wrote:I've had some right good bargains on Ebay, but have you ever like me, regretted something or perhaps it may have been sold as a size 12, but what it should have said was twelve yr old!

My folly is shoes and I have bought a beautiful, brand new pair of Lipsy boots. OMG, they're gorgeous, BUT, I am thinking on relisting this pair, as the heel is so freekin' high ! And believe me, I do wear about 5 inch ones if hidden platforms are in them, but there's not much chance I am going to enjoy walking around funnily....these are 6 inches!!

I haven't bought much on E bay since a disastrous fake coat fur thing about 12 years ago, it was an expensive scandi make. I was so excited about it but it looked totally ridiculous when I put it on, we had a laugh though as it was so massive. Maybe a sample or something, anyway the secondhand designer shop couldn't sell it, finally got rid of it at car boot to a biker. Still have visions of him riding off in that humugous coat looking like a bear :laughing: And wondering what his lady thought when she tried it on :kinell:
Bella

Postby jp761 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Is EBAY still popular. :dunno:

My auntie was all over ebay a number of years ago, at the time of the beanie bear craze.
jp761

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:37 pm

Bella wrote:
measurer wrote:I've had some right good bargains on Ebay, but have you ever like me, regretted something or perhaps it may have been sold as a size 12, but what it should have said was twelve yr old!

I haven't bought much on E bay since a disastrous fake coat fur thing about 12 years ago, it was an expensive scandi make. I was so excited about it but it looked totally ridiculous when I put it on, we had a laugh though as it was so massive. Maybe a sample or something, anyway the secondhand designer shop couldn't sell it, finally got rid of it at car boot to a biker. Still have visions of him riding off in that humugous coat looking like a bear :laughing: And wondering what his lady thought when she tried it on :kinell:

:gigglesnshit:
“Originality always wins over copycats in the final run as copycats have limited prowess to ideate and craft.”

Anuj Somany
measurer
Site Admin

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:41 pm

jp761 wrote:Is EBAY still popular. :dunno:

My auntie was all over ebay a number of years ago, at the time of the beanie bear craze.

Well yea but U have to be real careful and check their profile out. Some are up to dodges, same everywhere though since online retail started. Paypal & Ebay linked, so win win for them. Heard some dodgy stories, but as I say, check out the seller and his bad comments, also how long they have been selling if not a higher score than 99.5., as it may be a scammer just with a new account. It seems Ebay are on the side of the seller from what I have read.

Anyway, I love it, and I love nowt more than getting a bargain !!! :twirl: :yess:

Anuj Somany
measurer
Site Admin

Postby jp761 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:53 pm

measurer wrote:
jp761 wrote:Is EBAY still popular. :dunno:

Well yea but U have to be real careful and check their profile out. Some are up to dodges, same everywhere though since online retail started. Paypal & Ebay linked, so win win for them. Heard some dodgy stories, but as I say, check out the seller and his bad comments, also how long they have been selling if not a higher score than 99.5., as it may be a scammer just with a new account. It seems Ebay are on the side of the seller from what I have read.

Anyway, I love it, and I love nowt more than getting a bargain !!! :twirl: :yess:
:more beer:
jp761

Postby Dean » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 am

Can’t you just chop a couple of inches off with a hacksaw?
Dean

Postby Vicks » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:36 am

I sold my first ever item on eBay a few day's ago.
A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
Vicks
Site Admin

Postby measurer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Dean wrote:Can’t you just chop a couple of inches off with a hacksaw?

Only if I get practising on your throat..... :mrgreen:

Anuj Somany
measurer
Site Admin

Postby measurer » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Vicks wrote:I sold my first ever item on eBay a few day's ago.

They keep trying to entice me to sell, and I should, but that would involve a mammoth clear out and lots of packaging. Maybe one day...

Anuj Somany
measurer
Site Admin

Postby Vicks » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:52 am

measurer wrote:

They keep trying to entice me to sell, and I should, but that would involve a mammoth clear out and lots of packaging. Maybe one day...

It's a good idea in theory Mes, but then you've got to parcel it up and go and wait ages in the post office.

I'll wait a while before I sell anything else.
A Facilitator Of Dogs Sleeping Forum.

:sleigh:
Vicks
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:39 am

I've had to stop looking at ebay for a while - too much temptation. :gigglesnshit: I couldn't be bothered to sell anything on there either - If I get something second hand which doesn't fit I just give it to charity.
Raggamuffin

Postby Major » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:37 am

I have sold few things on ebay.

I sold an Apple macbook for spares which I made clear and even stated the hard drive had been taken out, someone bought it and complained about misrepresentation to ebay who came down on my side.

I usually need a bit of help doing eBay stuff.

I have used Amazon quite a bit and been done for 65 pence, I cannot sleep at night.lol .
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST.
Major

Postby measurer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Vicks wrote:
measurer wrote:

It's a good idea in theory Mes, but then you've got to parcel it up and go and wait ages in the post office.

I'll wait a while before I sell anything else.

I'm laughing at Rag's answer - I do the same normally, but these boots - arghhhh. I love 'em and it's not easy for a woman who loves her shoes !!! :grrrrr:

Said boots I bought.
Attachments
26830094_10212974650374229_1457726386_o (1).jpg

Anuj Somany
measurer
Site Admin

Postby measurer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Probably wear them tonight !! pmsl

Anuj Somany
measurer
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug