McAz

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:40 pm

McAz wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
McAz wrote:Thank you, Art.

for?

Your view.

oh, Thank You for Your patience McAz. :Hiya: interested in :pillow fight: though I should advise caution, for some reason My pillow fighting skills make a sledge hammer out of a pillow?
art0hur0moh

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:19 am

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Time is just another measure, like distance, weight, temperature.

Not just.

Time is the 4th dimension of the 4-dimensional reality we exist in (x,y,z,T). This 4-dimensional continuum, or Spacetime as it's more commonly called, is a subset of a ≥10 dimensional universe, perhaps multiverse.

Some, including myself, are attracted to the hypothesis that there is a 2nd dimension of Time at (conceptually) right-angles to the first from where all events on "our" time dimension can be witnessed at once.

I'd say more if I had time - but I don't :smilin:

Erm..ok?

Do you see time as linear or circular, like a spiral?
They ways history repeats itself, not exactly but almost, makes me think it’s more spiral.
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:38 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Time is just another measure, like distance, weight, temperature.

Not just.

Time is the 4th dimension of the 4-dimensional reality we exist in (x,y,z,T). This 4-dimensional continuum, or Spacetime as it's more commonly called, is a subset of a ≥10 dimensional universe, perhaps multiverse.

Some, including myself, are attracted to the hypothesis that there is a 2nd dimension of Time at (conceptually) right-angles to the first from where all events on "our" time dimension can be witnessed at once.

I'd say more if I had time - but I don't :smilin:

Erm..ok?

Do you see time as linear or circular, like a spiral?
They ways history repeats itself, not exactly but almost, makes me think it’s more spiral.

For us stuck in the 4 dimensions of Spacetime time is linear (or at least that's how we experience it). For a hypothetical being who exists in a 5-dimensional environment (one with a second dimension of Time) things might well be (or seem to be) completely different.

I can't imagine beyond 5 dimensions, so god only knows what Time might actually be in ≥10 dimensional universe or multiverse.
McAz

Postby McAz » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:58 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:They ways history repeats itself, not exactly but almost, makes me think it’s more spiral.

As to history repeating itself, let's look at the Infinite Monkey Theorem.

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. (Wiki)

Therefore, a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare less one word.

And therefore, a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare less two words.

And so on, ad infinitum.

An illustration of history repeating itself - but not quite. :smilin:
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:09 pm

I’ve decided time is a roller coaster. I don’t get that fourth fifth dimension stuff.
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:I’ve decided time is a roller coaster. I don’t get that fourth fifth dimension stuff.

Well that settles the matter then. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:17 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I’ve decided time is a roller coaster. I don’t get that fourth fifth dimension stuff.

Well that settles the matter then. :pmsl:

:gigglesnshit: A cosmic roller coaster, anyone saying it’s a line is bullshitting. Or dead.
Lady Murasaki

Postby jra » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:01 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
jra wrote:
Explain that analogy further please.

We produce enough food to feed 9 times the Global population. markets don't reflect the Human need, only the corporate Arable input is measured. for bread We use strong flower, that means it is harvested before the molasses is introduced into the grain. later harvests are purely Arable feed.

We could easily feed twenty planet earths but our economic system fails us.
Capitalism hates an abundance because it cannot function in those conditions.

Don't know about the x20, but it is true that food distribution/access is not equal around the planet.

current food production wouldn't need the entire continent of africa, probably not even a quarter it's land mass. in responce to rolly he is correct. in the sense businesses don't like full shelves. stock in stock out, little or no storage. Most potatoes are 9 months old before they even reach the store, laced with anti fungal and a plethora of other substances for preserving till the market price is right. there are many farmer across the Planet who destroy half of their produce in agreement with other farmers to get better prices. and that is mostly to do with out dated regulations in an out date monoagri business model.

I woudn't know about all that. I'm not a great fan of potatoes anyway. I have however harvested potatoes with my bare hands working for the local farmer when I was a kid from a ploughed furrow. These pototoes certainly tasted better than anything you can get nowadays in a supermarket and they kept pretty well in dark and dry conditions (a shed without any sunlight going in) for quite a while without needing any any preservatives or anti fungal treatment.
jra

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:02 pm

"it's no fair." Says the Child in Me. "I have Life, what could be Fairer than that?" Says the Adult. at this moment what what meaning Will You derive? as is put My key in the front door I thought to My Self what is the rush. when did You last Appreciate the Garden? the moment? We have Life within, that in it Self is incredible. We also get to share that Life with an abundance of habitats that support Us in Our Journey. so I think the question should Ask "what dose Life mean to You?"
art0hur0moh

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:"it's no fair." Says the Child in Me. "I have Life, what could be Fairer than that?" Says the Adult. at this moment what what meaning Will You derive? as is put My key in the front door I thought to My Self what is the rush. when did You last Appreciate the Garden? the moment? We have Life within, that in it Self is incredible. We also get to share that Life with an abundance of habitats that support Us in Our Journey. so I think the question should Ask "what dose Life mean to You?"

Trying or learning something new.
I bought goji berries for the first time today, never had them before but decided to try something different.
Don’t know what they taste of yet, I’ll put them in my porridge tomorrow.
Lady Murasaki

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:"it's no fair." Says the Child in Me. "I have Life, what could be Fairer than that?" Says the Adult. at this moment what what meaning Will You derive? as is put My key in the front door I thought to My Self what is the rush. when did You last Appreciate the Garden? the moment? We have Life within, that in it Self is incredible. We also get to share that Life with an abundance of habitats that support Us in Our Journey. so I think the question should Ask "what dose Life mean to You?"

Trying or learning something new.
I bought goji berries for the first time today, never had them before but decided to try something different.
Don’t know what they taste of yet, I’ll put them in my porridge tomorrow.

wee rugby ball shape fruit, just over helf an inch, soft red in colour?
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:16 pm

when observing always remember We see the image in 2 dimensions. Our eye only receives a reflection of light at variable frequencies. We perceive and understand the structure of things due to rubbing items on our lips as babies. We can't see the structure, it can only be understood by physically interacting with it.
art0hur0moh

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Forty Two
Cactus Jack

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug