What is the meaning of Life ?

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby Helena » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:48 am

Thanks a lot, Ragamuffin yes we've been talking a lot.

Nickers you are anything but nasty! :wubbers:

Dis, sorry to hear about your family, it's an awful disease.

Off to read some of the fighty threads now, they really make me laugh
Helena

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:49 am

Helena Handbasket wrote:Gosh. I came in here thinking it would be the same arguments and funny quips etc, this forum is therapy for me at the minute, at a particularly shite time, and I'm really sorry to read some of your stories. Charlie like you I'm drinking too much.

Last night I visited my brother, he's got cancer of the bowel and has a tumour in his chest and is lying in hospital waiting to die. Every breath is painful for him and i looked in his eyes and thought, God I hope it comes soon, he's suffering so much. I don't have my mum and dad any more and that was heart breaking, but this is my big brother and i can't get my head round how unfair it is.

So my husband and i got in our car and drove home, had a takeaway and a drink, and all I could think of was him there in that bed and wondered if he is frightened and what's going through his mind.

So I have no fucking clue at the minute what it's all a fucking bout.

oh I've just seen this

there is nothing I can say that is useful, but please know that I care
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:50 am

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:42

This...

Marvin and Jack one and the same.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Helena » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:56 am

McAz wrote:Some things are incomprehensible from a human perspective - and they can never be otherwise.

We have a neice in her early thirties now riddled with cancer which is not responding to treatment. She has no immediate family of her own so to give some warmth to her life and something to care for her mother got her a puppy. She doted on it, but after 5 months it died of a weak heart. Shit happens eh?

But what possible use is there in dwelling on such things? Pain is part of life and must be endured, but suffering is something we can mitigate by at least trying each day to look at the wonder of existence in equal measure to the horror. Darkness is not bad, it just isn’t light.

Learn to cry out when you must and laugh in the spaces in-between.

So sorry about your neice McAz x

That's such a great post you made, and so true, in the middle of it all last night my husband and brother were having an argument about football, husband is Arsenal brother is Spurs, it was funny watching them, he was waving his arms and getting very passionate about it !
Last edited by Helena on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Helena

Postby Helena » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:00 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Helena Handbasket wrote:Gosh. I came in here thinking it would be the same arguments and funny quips etc, this forum is therapy for me at the minute, at a particularly shite time, and I'm really sorry to read some of your stories. Charlie like you I'm drinking too much.

Last night I visited my brother, he's got cancer of the bowel and has a tumour in his chest and is lying in hospital waiting to die. Every breath is painful for him and i looked in his eyes and thought, God I hope it comes soon, he's suffering so much. I don't have my mum and dad any more and that was heart breaking, but this is my big brother and i can't get my head round how unfair it is.

So my husband and i got in our car and drove home, had a takeaway and a drink, and all I could think of was him there in that bed and wondered if he is frightened and what's going through his mind.

oh I've just seen this

there is nothing I can say that is useful, but please know that I care

I know you do!! X
Helena

Postby Trapper John » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Some people think that because of the amazing amounts of accidents and coincidences which had to occur for life to come about on Earth and eventually lead to us, that there must be some grand design and some great architect behind it.

I follow the monkey/typewriter/shakespeare theory though - given an infinite amount of time anything and everything is possible.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Keyser » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Charlie, Helena and everyone else who is going through a really tough time on this thread I just wanted to pop on here and wish you all the very best. X
Keyser

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Trapper John wrote:Some people think that because of the amazing amounts of accidents and coincidences which had to occur for life to come about on Earth and eventually lead to us, that there must be some grand design and some great architect behind it.

I follow the monkey/typewriter/shakespeare theory though - given an infinite amount of time anything and everything is possible.

That's because you are a monkey typing away thinking yer some sort of Shakespeare type.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm not posting to you because it makes me look good and caring and stuff.

I'm posting to you because I hear you, and can relate to the despair and sense of utter helplessness you're feeling. You're wishing you could just magic away your brother's suffering.

I'm so sorry to see what I know you're going through.
Vam

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:10 pm

McAz wrote:Some things are incomprehensible from a human perspective - and they can never be otherwise.

We have a neice in her early thirties now riddled with cancer which is not responding to treatment. She has no immediate family of her own so to give some warmth to her life and something to care for her mother got her a puppy. She doted on it, but after 5 months it died of a weak heart. Shit happens eh?

But what possible use is there in dwelling on such things? Pain is part of life and must be endured, but suffering is something we can mitigate by at least trying each day to look at the wonder of existence in equal measure to the horror. Darkness is not bad, it just isn’t light.

:thumbsup:
Without darkness there would be no light.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Helena » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:20 pm

Vam wrote:

I'm not posting to you because it makes me look good and caring and stuff.

I'm posting to you because I hear you, and can relate to the despair and sense of utter helplessness you're feeling. You're wishing you could just magic away your brother's suffering.

I'm so sorry to see what I know you're going through.

Thanks Vam, going back to the subject of the thread, it's weird that even at such a horrible time, there is meaning in it though, I don't know how to explain it without it sounding twee, but we are able to say things to each other that we wouldn't have been able to if circumstances had been different.

So I suppose life's meaning to me is just trying to wade through life, getting through sad times and crying but equally appreciating the good times when they come too.

Is easy to take it for granted, sometimes it takes a "jolt" to make you realise and appreciate what you have
Helena

Postby McAz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Helena Handbasket wrote:

So sorry about your neice McAz x

That's such a great post you made, and so true, in the middle of it all last night my husband and brother were having an argument about football, husband is Arsenal brother is Spurs, it was funny watching them, he was waving his arms and getting very passionate about it !

That’s so good to hear. Reach out - always reach out. x
McAz

Postby jp761 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Make the most of the good times, make the most of the bad times.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Keyser wrote:Charlie, Helena and everyone else who is going through a really tough time on this thread I just wanted to pop on here and wish you all the very best. X
I second this. Because there isn't all that much anyone on here can say, beyond wishing someone well and all the best.
jp761

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:10 pm

What a terrible situation. If I was the praying kind then I'd pray for you, instead I can only send my love and best wishes.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug