What is the meaning of Life ?

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:25 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
McAz wrote:There is no point in time, Art - time is a fluid.

there is no time, it is a Human invention to mitigate the devastating effects of flood and drought.

if space is a vacuum how can time exist?

Time is not in space but you need time to move through space.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 32842
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:56 pm

McAz wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
McAz wrote:There is no point in time, Art - time is a fluid.

there is no time, it is a Human invention to mitigate the devastating effects of flood and drought.

if space is a vacuum how can time exist?

Time is not in space but you need time to move through space.

distance times speed times duration. 24 hours 365.25 days a year. 60 minuets, sixty seconds, one second has been recalculated at an atomic level. all it is is falling through space, the firmament is that which resides upon the surface (better within space, thought that is nothing so no within. no surface, so not upon) of space. galaxies collide or move away from each other variable rates. as Einstein said it is relative to the observer.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:24 am

Time is just another measure, like distance, weight, temperature.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 26471
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby McAz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:10 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Time is just another measure, like distance, weight, temperature.


Not just.

Time is the 4th dimension of the 4-dimensional reality we exist in (x,y,z,T). This 4-dimensional continuum, or Spacetime as it's more commonly called, is a subset of a ≥10 dimensional universe, perhaps multiverse.

Some, including myself, are attracted to the hypothesis that there is a 2nd dimension of Time at (conceptually) right-angles to the first from where all events on "our" time dimension can be witnessed at once.

I'd say more if I had time - but I don't :smilin:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 32842
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby jra » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:28 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
jra wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
jra wrote:The figure I quoted was the Sun's output power/energy, much of which never reaches Earth of course, but obviously enough to sustain life, just about everywhere on the planet.

And yes you're right about grain.

I think it's fair to say that humans are upsetting the balance of nature and that is because of overpopulation and technology.

Power output to be pedantic. seems to me to be a low number? I am thinking the 9 min vacuum between the surface and the Earth will reduce that number significantly? an emphatic no on Your thinking that Population and Technology are the culprits. that is like blaming the tea cup for not holding the liquid when it crashes to the floor. 90% of Agricultural output is Arable feed. Cows are not designed to consume grain, and it makes the meat fatty. Our Mammalian Species is the Only species I know Whos primary diet consists of grain. is the car to blamed when someone fails to control between one and three tones of metal in hazardous conditions?


Explain that analogy further please.

We produce enough food to feed 9 times the Global population. markets don't reflect the Human need, only the corporate Arable input is measured. for bread We use strong flower, that means it is harvested before the molasses is introduced into the grain. later harvests are purely Arable feed.


So what happens to all this 'unused' food?
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 14304
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby jra » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
jra wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
jra wrote:The figure I quoted was the Sun's output power/energy, much of which never reaches Earth of course, but obviously enough to sustain life, just about everywhere on the planet.

And yes you're right about grain.

I think it's fair to say that humans are upsetting the balance of nature and that is because of overpopulation and technology.

Power output to be pedantic. seems to me to be a low number? I am thinking the 9 min vacuum between the surface and the Earth will reduce that number significantly? an emphatic no on Your thinking that Population and Technology are the culprits. that is like blaming the tea cup for not holding the liquid when it crashes to the floor. 90% of Agricultural output is Arable feed. Cows are not designed to consume grain, and it makes the meat fatty. Our Mammalian Species is the Only species I know Whos primary diet consists of grain. is the car to blamed when someone fails to control between one and three tones of metal in hazardous conditions?


Explain that analogy further please.

We produce enough food to feed 9 times the Global population. markets don't reflect the Human need, only the corporate Arable input is measured. for bread We use strong flower, that means it is harvested before the molasses is introduced into the grain. later harvests are purely Arable feed.

We could easily feed twenty planet earths but our economic system fails us.
Capitalism hates an abundance because it cannot function in those conditions.


Don't know about the x20, but it is true that food distribution/access is not equal around the planet.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 14304
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:13 pm

McAz wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
McAz wrote:There is no point in time, Art - time is a fluid.

there is no time, it is a Human invention to mitigate the devastating effects of flood and drought.

if space is a vacuum how can time exist?

Time is not in space but you need time to move through space.

okay, since You are so caught up with time. considering particle physics deem space and time as one in the same, yet We know space is void. what time are You talking about?
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:18 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Time is just another measure, like distance, weight, temperature.


Not just.

Time is the 4th dimension of the 4-dimensional reality we exist in (x,y,z,T). This 4-dimensional continuum, or Spacetime as it's more commonly called, is a subset of a ≥10 dimensional universe, perhaps multiverse.

Some, including myself, are attracted to the hypothesis that there is a 2nd dimension of Time at (conceptually) right-angles to the first from where all events on "our" time dimension can be witnessed at once.

I'd say more if I had time - but I don't :smilin:


can You imagine two dimensions? all You need to do is remove a vertical axis, or horizontal axis, or a depth axis. better still can You imagine 1 dimensional space? Diracs electron equation the tetrahedron as well as the Planck, and plasma.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:27 pm

jra wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
jra wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:Power output to be pedantic. seems to me to be a low number? I am thinking the 9 min vacuum between the surface and the Earth will reduce that number significantly? an emphatic no on Your thinking that Population and Technology are the culprits. that is like blaming the tea cup for not holding the liquid when it crashes to the floor. 90% of Agricultural output is Arable feed. Cows are not designed to consume grain, and it makes the meat fatty. Our Mammalian Species is the Only species I know Whos primary diet consists of grain. is the car to blamed when someone fails to control between one and three tones of metal in hazardous conditions?


Explain that analogy further please.

We produce enough food to feed 9 times the Global population. markets don't reflect the Human need, only the corporate Arable input is measured. for bread We use strong flower, that means it is harvested before the molasses is introduced into the grain. later harvests are purely Arable feed.

We could easily feed twenty planet earths but our economic system fails us.
Capitalism hates an abundance because it cannot function in those conditions.


Don't know about the x20, but it is true that food distribution/access is not equal around the planet.


current food production wouldn't need the entire continent of africa, probably not even a quarter it's land mass. in responce to rolly he is correct. in the sense businesses don't like full shelves. stock in stock out, little or no storage. Most potatoes are 9 months old before they even reach the store, laced with anti fungal and a plethora of other substances for preserving till the market price is right. there are many farmer across the Planet who destroy half of their produce in agreement with other farmers to get better prices. and that is mostly to do with out dated regulations in an out date monoagri business model.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby McAz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:36 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Time is just another measure, like distance, weight, temperature.


Not just.

Time is the 4th dimension of the 4-dimensional reality we exist in (x,y,z,T). This 4-dimensional continuum, or Spacetime as it's more commonly called, is a subset of a ≥10 dimensional universe, perhaps multiverse.

Some, including myself, are attracted to the hypothesis that there is a 2nd dimension of Time at (conceptually) right-angles to the first from where all events on "our" time dimension can be witnessed at once.

I'd say more if I had time - but I don't :smilin:


can You imagine two dimensions? all You need to do is remove a vertical axis, or horizontal axis, or a depth axis. better still can You imagine 1 dimensional space? Diracs electron equation the tetrahedron as well as the Planck, and plasma.


Yes I can, Art. Thanks...

...but for those who can't a Möbius strip might help. :smilin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6bius_strip
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 32842
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:47 pm

McAz wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Time is just another measure, like distance, weight, temperature.


Not just.

Time is the 4th dimension of the 4-dimensional reality we exist in (x,y,z,T). This 4-dimensional continuum, or Spacetime as it's more commonly called, is a subset of a ≥10 dimensional universe, perhaps multiverse.

Some, including myself, are attracted to the hypothesis that there is a 2nd dimension of Time at (conceptually) right-angles to the first from where all events on "our" time dimension can be witnessed at once.

I'd say more if I had time - but I don't :smilin:


can You imagine two dimensions? all You need to do is remove a vertical axis, or horizontal axis, or a depth axis. better still can You imagine 1 dimensional space? Diracs electron equation the tetrahedron as well as the Planck, and plasma.


Yes I can, Art. Thanks...

...but for those who can't a Möbius strip might help. :smilin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6bius_strip

if the earth was flat there wouldn't be a horizon we would see the land continue indefinitely no end. the say a picture is two dimensional but it is often neglected that paint is applied upon the surface and that isn't even thinking of the depth below the surface of the canvas. so I say You are imagining thre dimension. get a piece of paper and make a mobius strip. You will discover it has length, depth and breadth You can measure with your own eyes. sorry, try again :again?:

You also neglected to factor in Your own perspective.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby McAz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:51 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
McAz wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Time is just another measure, like distance, weight, temperature.


Not just.

Time is the 4th dimension of the 4-dimensional reality we exist in (x,y,z,T). This 4-dimensional continuum, or Spacetime as it's more commonly called, is a subset of a ≥10 dimensional universe, perhaps multiverse.

Some, including myself, are attracted to the hypothesis that there is a 2nd dimension of Time at (conceptually) right-angles to the first from where all events on "our" time dimension can be witnessed at once.

I'd say more if I had time - but I don't :smilin:


can You imagine two dimensions? all You need to do is remove a vertical axis, or horizontal axis, or a depth axis. better still can You imagine 1 dimensional space? Diracs electron equation the tetrahedron as well as the Planck, and plasma.


Yes I can, Art. Thanks...

...but for those who can't a Möbius strip might help. :smilin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6bius_strip

if the earth was flat there wouldn't be a horizon we would see the land continue indefinitely no end. the say a picture is two dimensional but it is often neglected that paint is applied upon the surface and that isn't even thinking of the depth below the surface of the canvas. so I say You are imagining thre dimension. get a piece of paper and make a mobius strip. You will discover it has length, depth and breadth You can measure with your own eyes. sorry, try again :again?:


A Möbius strip is indeed 3 dimensional, Art - but it acts as an aid for those who cannot imagine anything other than 3 dimensions - nothing more.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 32842
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:07 pm

McAz wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
McAz wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
McAz wrote:
Not just.

Time is the 4th dimension of the 4-dimensional reality we exist in (x,y,z,T). This 4-dimensional continuum, or Spacetime as it's more commonly called, is a subset of a ≥10 dimensional universe, perhaps multiverse.

Some, including myself, are attracted to the hypothesis that there is a 2nd dimension of Time at (conceptually) right-angles to the first from where all events on "our" time dimension can be witnessed at once.

I'd say more if I had time - but I don't :smilin:


can You imagine two dimensions? all You need to do is remove a vertical axis, or horizontal axis, or a depth axis. better still can You imagine 1 dimensional space? Diracs electron equation the tetrahedron as well as the Planck, and plasma.


Yes I can, Art. Thanks...

...but for those who can't a Möbius strip might help. :smilin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6bius_strip

if the earth was flat there wouldn't be a horizon we would see the land continue indefinitely no end. the say a picture is two dimensional but it is often neglected that paint is applied upon the surface and that isn't even thinking of the depth below the surface of the canvas. so I say You are imagining thre dimension. get a piece of paper and make a mobius strip. You will discover it has length, depth and breadth You can measure with your own eyes. sorry, try again :again?:


A Möbius strip is indeed 3 dimensional, Art - but it acts as an aid for those who cannot imagine anything other than 3 dimensions - nothing more.

Your still neglecting Your Own point of observation. length and breadth is easy to imagine but You are looking down upon the length and breadth, for it to be truly two dimensional You need to alter the way You perceive the universe and see it from a two dimensional perspective. You can't do that, You know no Other way of seeing the univers in anything other than three dimensions. besides Planck is a known value and shows reality is a three dimensional pixilation.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:15 pm

and the only reason ten dimensions was invented is because the numbers don't work with anything less. We don't need more Math. People have been calculating for millennia many calculations are 1,000 years old that We finally discovered what they can be used for. I don't believe it, and for it to be proven one way or another will more than likely take longer than the span of My life time to know.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4591
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What is the meaning of Life ?

Postby McAz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Thank you, Art.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 32842
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests