Postby Guest » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Species Shot Size
Partridge #6 / #7
Pheasant #5 / #6 / #7
Grouse #6 / #7
Pigeon #6 / #7
Mallard #4 / #5 *
Geese BB/ #1/ #3 *

Note that lead shot may not be used to shoot wildfowl inEnglandandWalesor in certain areas ofScotland. See here for details. If using steel shot, it is advised to use a shot two sizes large than suggested.

Always ensure that your gun is proved for the selected cartridge and has the correct chamber length. Old English guns may have 2.5” chambers. Cartridges longer than 2.5” (65mm) must not be used in these guns. Only guns bearing a steel shot (fleur de lys) proof mark should be used to shoot high performance steel shot cartridges. If you have any doubts, see a competent gunsmith.

You just showed your complete ignorance of shooting and hunting matters with that answer.
An experienced shooter would not have even mentioned lead shot.
You would have answered with shot size too.
You're a complete fraud.

nicely done, rollup. :thumbsup:

funny how starbold & markey always bang on about the real world when they're caught out.

Re: Nice Surprise

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Partridge #6 / #7
Pheasant #5 / #6 / #7
Grouse #6 / #7
Pigeon #6 / #7
Mallard #4 / #5 *
Geese BB/ #1/ #3 *

Note that lead shot may not be used to shoot wildfowl inEnglandandWalesor in certain areas ofScotland. See here for details. If using steel shot, it is advised to use a shot two sizes large than suggested.

Always ensure that your gun is proved for the selected cartridge and has the correct chamber length. Old English guns may have 2.5” chambers. Cartridges longer than 2.5” (65mm) must not be used in these guns. Only guns bearing a steel shot (fleur de lys) proof mark should be used to shoot high performance steel shot cartridges. If you have any doubts, see a competent gunsmith.

You just showed your complete ignorance of shooting and hunting matters with that answer.
You're a complete fraud.

nicely done, rollup. :thumbsup:

funny how starbold & markey always bang on about the real world when they're caught out.

I think he reads country life and maybe the occasional shooting mag while waiting to see his doctor.
Once again his desired colonel Blimp image becomes Mister Magoo.
I'm not a shooter/hunter but I did have a small farm so saw a lot of these people.
They'd laugh at Starbold.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:13 pm

Major wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:What were the ducks shot with?

The same as most duck are shot with, candy floss..

Before ya start on about lead poisoning forget it.

You only get odd bits of lead which you spit out at the classy bird sitting opposite you hoping it lands in her cleavage and then gallantly, as a gentleman does is offer to get it out for her., most game birds, rabbits have very few bits of shot in them. lol lol lol

Glad to edificate thee.

Starbold, if one ends up with a choking fit due to biting on shot in a game meal or breaks a tooth can one claim compensation from the restaurant. Dental treatment can cost £1,000`s
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:19 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:What were the ducks shot with?

The same as most duck are shot with, candy floss..

Before ya start on about lead poisoning forget it.

You only get odd bits of lead which you spit out at the classy bird sitting opposite you hoping it lands in her cleavage and then gallantly, as a gentleman does is offer to get it out for her., most game birds, rabbits have very few bits of shot in them. lol lol lol

Glad to edificate thee.

Starbold, if one ends up with a choking fit due to biting on shot in a game meal or breaks a tooth can one claim compensation from the restaurant. Dental treatment can cost £1,000`s

A real possibility if the birds were coming straight from the field still in feather.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Presumably the restaurant owner is an expert in dressing wild fowl .... :dunno:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:23 pm

i wonder where the maggots end up after they've dropped off the bird ...

Postby Major » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Presumably the restaurant owner is an expert in dressing wild fowl .... :dunno:

The restaurant owner NOW is the young lad so I do not know.
Chicken George, his father who I also knew were EXPERTS, they had others who also were but most have gone upstairs now.
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Major wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Presumably the restaurant owner is an expert in dressing wild fowl .... :dunno:

Chicken George, his father who I also knew were EXPERTS, they had others who also were but most have gone upstairs now.

on tuesday he was the great grandson ...

Postby Stooo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Major wrote:

They get their duck from Bookers or their local Asian cash and carry along with chicken feet and other stuff like that. One of the biggest (if not the biggest) representation of illegal immigrants are Chinese and work in hospitality/catering for friends or relatives. Agencies talk, do you really think that your local take-away wants the EHO crawling over the place because they keep giving people the screaming shits because of untraceable food? Record keeping is a full third of a catering inspection and you'd better have everything recorded.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Major » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Partridge #6 / #7
Pheasant #5 / #6 / #7
Grouse #6 / #7
Pigeon #6 / #7
Mallard #4 / #5 *
Geese BB/ #1/ #3 *

You're a complete fraud.

Those shot sizes are NOT law, they are simply a CHOICE.

I hope you are enjoying yourselves c&p loads of unnecessary print.

We use mainly lead shot here.

Mind you, I am that good I could use a catapult and still kill them outright.
Major
Twat.

Postby Major » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:10 pm

This looks almost to my liking.

You now need
hoi sin sauce
cucumber
spring onions
pancakes

BTW I have even taken them crayfish, trout and pike.
Major
Twat.

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:16 pm

Major wrote:Image

This looks almost to my liking.

You now need
hoi sin sauce
cucumber
spring onions
pancakes

BTW I have even taken them crayfish, trout and pike.

Thank you starbold - that's why I posted it. Here's the link to the recipe (again). :thumbsup:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1805644/chinese-roast-duck
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Major wrote:
Partridge #6 / #7
Pheasant #5 / #6 / #7
Grouse #6 / #7
Pigeon #6 / #7
Mallard #4 / #5 *
Geese BB/ #1/ #3 *

You're a complete fraud.

Those shot sizes are NOT law, they are simply a CHOICE.

I hope you are enjoying yourselves c&p loads of unnecessary print.

We use mainly lead shot here.

Mind you, I am that good I could use a catapult and still kill them outright.

Seems the shooting community don't like you either Starbold.

With the wildfowling community having switched to non-lead alternatives, and with wildfowl shot on the foreshore not legally allowed to be sold into the food chain, who are the culprits who undermine the law and threaten our sport....

As the wildfowling season opens on 1 September, there’ll be plenty of hard-core fowlers donning their waders and heading to the coast for their first flight of the season. It also marks the opening of inland duck shooting, and whether it’s part of your shoot to have a duck drive, you have a flighting pond for guests to enjoy after the day’s shooting is over or you are shooting geese over stubbles (in England) the rule of no lead still applies.

The law in England is very clear: lead is banned over all foreshore, over certain Sites of Special Scientific Interest and for the shooting of duck, geese, coots and moorhens. In Scotland the use of lead is banned over all wetlands.

The anti-shooting brigade, as well as organisations such as the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust like to trot out statements saying that lead is still used to shoot wildfowl in the UK, sometimes aiming their accusations at wildfowlers. So how do they back this information? The claims stem from samples of duck bought at gamedealers - in 2010, when the last survey was done, seven out of every 10 duck at a gamedealers had been shot with lead. A shocking figure, considering the law on lead was passed eight years before, in 2002.

It’s up to us, as a shooting community, to insist that the law is adhered to. Check when you are booking a shoot whether duck or geese will be on the cards, and have a few boxes of non-lead cartridges to hand. Don’t let your fellow Guns use non-lead either. You wouldn’t hesitate to say something if a Gun isn’t being safe, so why is this any different? Shoots, too, should be insisting on Guns sticking to the rules – perhaps they should have a few slabs of non-lead cartridges, which the Guns can pay for if they need to use them? There’s simply no excuse to use lead on wildfowl. It’s time to stop ducking the law on lead.
https://www.gunsonpegs.com/the-sportsma ... aw-on-lead

You obviously know nothing about the sport of shooting/hunting beyond what you read in magazines.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:19 pm

I do not need that link again as I followed it accurately the first time McTurdy
Major
Twat.

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Major wrote:I do not need that link again as I followed it accurately the first time McTurdy

Others might have missed it though starbold, and as you had posted my linked picture why not the recipe?

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1805644/chinese-roast-duck
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug