University

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

University

Postby samthefootball » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello. In the future I would love to go to uni. I am actually looking at uni courses at the moment but am not sure how many GCSE you need. UCAS points are fine because I am doing very well in my course now.

I have entry 3 skills for working life
Level 1 animal care
Level 2 animal care

Then I moved to my travel course which I am very passionate about. I had to do the animal care to get into my level 2 travel but I got a distinction last year for that and for level 3 year 1 I am aiming for another distinction and the same for year 2.

I Also have level 1 maths and doing GCSE English. Would I be able to go to uni with my determination to succeed
User avatar
samthefootball
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: University

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:56 pm

Sounds like you should be alright,
at one time Universities were about education, unfortunately they are now about business and making money they need a continuous stream of customers ( Students)
I wish you luck in your project.
User avatar
Snookerballs
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: University

Postby Trapper John » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:40 am

I think you would be better off just getting a cat.
User avatar
Trapper John
Gunner.
 
Posts: 35973
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:36 am
Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: University

Postby Major » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:45 am

samthefootball wrote:Hello. In the future I would love to go to uni. I am actually looking at uni courses at the moment but am not sure how many GCSE you need. UCAS points are fine because I am doing very well in my course now.

I have entry 3 skills for working life
Level 1 animal care
Level 2 animal care

Then I moved to my travel course which I am very passionate about. I had to do the animal care to get into my level 2 travel but I got a distinction last year for that and for level 3 year 1 I am aiming for another distinction and the same for year 2.

I Also have level 1 maths and doing GCSE English. Would I be able to go to uni with my determination to succeed



Animal care, very good, become a mod, it pays well. lol

Get a proper job in a trade if ya are a geeza.

I wyll teech tu proppa Inglish.
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:08 am

Re: University

Postby samthefootball » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Trapper John wrote:I think you would be better off just getting a cat.


Lol I don't like cats or animals really. I only did that to get on to the course I'm on now.
User avatar
samthefootball
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: University

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:27 pm

You would be classed as a mature student so entry requirements would be relaxed.

Might be good for you to get to a GCSE in maths, or equivalent.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: University

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Guest wrote:You would be classed as a mature student so entry requirements would be relaxed.

Might be good for you to get to a GCSE in maths, or equivalent.


he would also need one in english and possibly a science subject. some colleges seem to do courses for mature students which earn the ucas points & the gcse's can be taken as part of that. i don't know where sam lives so he would need to check with his own college what they offer.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: University

Postby samthefootball » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:00 pm

I am doing GCSE English and the maths in college in between my main course. I feel confident in passing because I am revising a lot
User avatar
samthefootball
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: University

Postby Bella » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 pm

samthefootball wrote:I am doing GCSE English and the maths in college in between my main course. I feel confident in passing because I am revising a lot


Good luck with the Level 3 Travel, that should get you some UCAS points.

English GCSE especially and usually Maths is needed for Uni. However I do know of 2 lads studying at Uni now who were unable to get GCSE Maths. If you have any specific learning difficulties (Dyslexia, Dyscalculia etc), be sure to get advice and extra time etc for exams. :smilin:
User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6761
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: University

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:47 pm

samthefootball wrote:I am doing GCSE English and the maths in college in between my main course. I feel confident in passing because I am revising a lot


I think that you'll be OK with maths somehow. I won't wish you luck, I'll wish you progress! :thumbsup:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 86163
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Everywhere, like shit in a field.


Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest