Asthma, inhalers, and GPs

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Asthma, inhalers, and GPs

Postby Nucks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:16 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Stop smoking/vaping?
I know someone who goes to salt caves, he says it works wonders. But he still has his cough since his Xmas cold, just not as bad.

I don’t do either, never have.

art0hur0moh wrote:vicks vapo rub and an open window.

I’ll give it a go. I did incidentally leave the window open tonite as it was relatively warm today.
Nucks

Postby Nucks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Got the ventolin inhaler today that I ordered online Monday. Result! :twirl:

It’ll last me quite a while but it’s good to know I have an alternative if the surgery won’t prescribe one.
Nucks

Postby Gabby » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Nucks wrote:Got the ventolin inhaler today that I ordered online Monday. Result! :twirl:

It’ll last me quite a while but it’s good to know I have an alternative if the surgery won’t prescribe one.

I’m surprised these can be bought online, even GPS are sometimes reluctant to prescribe them unless absolutely necessary..... I hope you got it from somewhere reputable? :ooer:
Gabby

Postby Nucks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Poca wrote:
Nucks wrote:Got the ventolin inhaler today that I ordered online Monday. Result! :twirl:

I’m surprised these can be bought online, even GPS are sometimes reluctant to prescribe them unless absolutely necessary..... I hope you got it from somewhere reputable? :ooer:

It’s an online pharmacy and you have to fill in a detailed questionnaire before they approve your order. You also have to leave a phone number where you can be contacted if they need to ask any questions or verify anything. I imagine an account would be flagged if the customer was repeat ordering too often. I’ve been using one sporadically for nearly 10 years so I’m not worried. The brand they sent is Glaxo Wellcome, a reputable company.
Nucks

Postby Rockstar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:39 pm

Nucks wrote:

I’ll give it a go. I did incidentally leave the window open tonite as it was relatively warm today.

If you have access to a steamroom,it will work wonders in clearing up your nasal passage.
Rockstar

Postby Nucks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:57 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Nucks wrote:

If you have access to a steamroom,it will work wonders in clearing up your nasal passage.

Does it work for sinus blockage? I can actually breathe fine thru my nose, but I have almost no sense of smell or taste currently.
Nucks

Postby Rockstar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Nucks wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Does it work for sinus blockage? I can actually breathe fine thru my nose, but I have almost no sense of smell or taste currently.

I'm not sure about sinus. No harm in trying. My apartment complex has one. I go there when I have an intolerable cold with some vicks for 20 mins or so. Works great...
Rockstar

Postby Nucks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Nucks wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Nucks wrote:

I'm not sure about sinus. No harm in trying. My apartment complex has one. I go there when I have an intolerable cold with some vicks for 20 mins or so. Works great...

I can always stick my head over a bowl of freshly boiled water and put a towel over me. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:09 pm

Avoid candles and incense.
Particulate matter and CO are poisoning people.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rockstar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Nucks wrote:
I can always stick my head over a bowl of freshly boiled water and put a towel over me. :mrgreen:

I'm sure you must be having one of those face steaming devices... :laughing:
Rockstar

Postby Gabby » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:51 pm

Salt inhalations are supposed to be beneficial for some lung conditions :dunno:
Gabby

Postby Text » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:51 pm

Nucks wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Nucks wrote:

Works a treat!

With the added bonus that it's a very efficient, chemical-free method of deep cleansing the pores whilst you're at it.
Effortlessly too - you just sit there & the steam does all the work! :yess:
Text

Postby Text » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Rockstar wrote:If you have access to a steamroom,it will work wonders in clearing up your nasal passage.

Correct. Or you can just stay a bit longer in the shower/bath.

Or as mentioned earlier, a towel over your head, over a bowl of hot water is fine too.
Some soothing classical music in the background helps stave off boredom while you're inhaling the steam. :laughing:
Text

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:08 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Avoid candles and incense.
Particulate matter and CO are poisoning people.

This is why there is so much cancer around, combined with traffic fumes and chemicals in our cleaning products, it's a scary place out and even in there

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:15 am

Rockstar wrote:
Nucks wrote:

I'm sure you must be having one of those face steaming devices... :laughing:

Add a drop of olbas oil, eucalyptus, and you're good to go.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug