Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Asthma, inhalers, and GPs

Postby Rockstar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Nucks wrote:
I can always stick my head over a bowl of freshly boiled water and put a towel over me. :mrgreen:

I'm sure you must be having one of those face steaming devices... :laughing:

Add a drop of olbas oil, eucalyptus, and you're good to go.

Vicks balm works the best.... :cool:
Rockstar

Postby Star » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:47 am

Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Nucks wrote:
I can always stick my head over a bowl of freshly boiled water and put a towel over me. :mrgreen:

The chemist told me to use vicks vapour rub which I assume is the same.
Although I have used menthol crystals,but don’t put to many in or they blow your head off. :laughing:
Star

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:50 am

Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Nucks wrote:

I find the oil's been a godsend when my family have colds and flus, it's so versatile. Put a few drops on pillows, tissues, helps you breathe so much easier. The balms a bit cumbersome but soothing at nighttime.
Lady Murasaki

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Avoid candles and incense.
Particulate matter and CO are poisoning people.

I leave the room, let things settle. Though nothing works quicker than opening a window for everything to settle. Most of the particles are skin.
art0hur0moh

Postby Rockstar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
I find the oil's been a godsend when my family have colds and flus, it's so versatile. Put a few drops on pillows, tissues, helps you breathe so much easier. The balms a bit cumbersome but soothing at nighttime.

Have you tried camphor? It is the newest essential oil I am obsessed with...Got a camphor air diffuser in my office... :laughing:
Rockstar

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Have you tried camphor? It is the newest essential oil I am obsessed with...Got a camphor air diffuser in my office... :laughing:

No, I've heard it helps as a disinfectant and with libido :gigglesnshit:
What does it smell of?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Vicks has camphor and I put Vics around my nose before going out this time of years.
Lovely stuff.
Camphor oil was very popular when I was a kid in the 50's.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Gabby » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:15 pm

Vicks is not advised for asthmatics as it can even bring on an attack!
Gabby

Postby Nucks » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Poca wrote:Vicks is not advised for asthmatics as it can even bring on an attack!

I haven’t heard that before. I have read it doesn’t help with asthmatic symptoms but not about it being harmful.
Nucks

Postby Rockstar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:16 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

What does it smell of?

It smells like Vicks... :pmsl: :pmsl:

I foresee a discussion about what came first chicken or egg kind...vicks or camphor... :gigglesnshit:

It's not for everyone...I am intoxicated by it..OH hates it... She says it feels like a Hindu temple atmosphere... :ooer:
Rockstar

Postby Rockstar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Vicks has camphor and I put Vics around my nose before going out this time of years.
Lovely stuff.

Yes Vicks has it... But I feel menthol overpowers it too much...Camphor in it's original form is a different beast altogether... :leer:
Rockstar

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:57 pm

I remember a stupid army song that we had to sing in the cubs the scouts the cadets ....

Camphor camphor campherated
(repeat ten times )......
and they rubbed his chest with camphorated oil.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Nucks » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:21 am

Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

What does it smell of?

I foresee a discussion about what came first chicken or egg kind...vicks or camphor... :gigglesnshit:

It's not for everyone...I am intoxicated by it..OH hates it... She says it feels like a Hindu temple atmosphere... :ooer:

The thing I don’t like about Vicks is the smell lingers for days after you’ve used it. If you like the smell that’s fine but I equate it with feeling ill so I’d rather not smell it when I don’t need to.
Nucks

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 am

Rockstar wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Lovely stuff.

Yes Vicks has it... But I feel menthol overpowers it too much...Camphor in it's original form is a different beast altogether... :leer:

What do you mean? :leer:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:42 am

Nucks wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

What does it smell of?

The thing I don’t like about Vicks is the smell lingers for days after you’ve used it. If you like the smell that’s fine but I equate it with feeling ill so I’d rather not smell it when I don’t need to.

Same here, like the smell of deep heat, it's great at soothing those muscular pains but the stink! Is that methanol, eucalyptus or camphor?
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug