Wonder Women!

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Wonder Women!

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:54 pm

It’s international women’s day, and dogs has a heck of a lot of pretty awesome women. Normally we scrap amongst ourselves, but maybe we can have a day where we appreciate the good bits of everyone, and do a bit of lifting up instead of knocking down.

I’ll start with our wonderful mods. Three fantastic ladies who give us their time, and put up with a lot of shit because of it. And yet they persevere.

Goodwife, who is tenacious and can hold her own whilst still delivering her very own brand of humour. She’s strong and doesn’t allow her spirit to be dampened. And occasionally she makes me laugh. Occasionally. :wink:

Poca. She puts her principles before any past disagreement. When others would find it all too easy to join in, Poca will defend those she doesn’t always see eye to eye with. And she rarely gets dragged into tedious shit. She’s kind and warm, and it’s hard not to like her.

Nucks makes me laugh every single day. Her puns are shit, but I love em. She’ll take the piss out of you if you take yourself too seriously, and states her opinion without being dragged into arguments or bitching.
NastyNickers

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Stooo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:58 pm

NastyNickers wrote:It’s international women’s day, and dogs has a heck of a lot of pretty awesome women. Normally we scrap amongst ourselves, but maybe we can have a day where we appreciate the good bits of everyone, and do a bit of lifting up instead of knocking down.

I’ll start with our wonderful mods. Three fantastic ladies who give us their time, and put up with a lot of shit because of it. And yet they persevere.

Goodwife, who is tenacious and can hold her own whilst still delivering her very own brand of humour. She’s strong and doesn’t allow her spirit to be dampened. And occasionally she makes me laugh. Occasionally. :wink:

Poca. She puts her principles before any past disagreement. When others would find it all too easy to join in, Poca will defend those she doesn’t always see eye to eye with. And she rarely gets dragged into tedious shit. She’s kind and warm, and it’s hard not to like her.

Nucks makes me laugh every single day. Her puns are shit, but I love em. She’ll take the piss out of you if you take yourself too seriously, and states her opinion without being dragged into arguments or bitching.

I often appreciate the good bits that ladies have...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby dis » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:05 pm

My wee maw :wubbers:
dis

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:14 pm

NastyNickers wrote:It’s international women’s day, and dogs has a heck of a lot of pretty awesome women. Normally we scrap amongst ourselves, but maybe we can have a day where we appreciate the good bits of everyone, and do a bit of lifting up instead of knocking down.

adding to your list ...

you're awesome yourself, nn :wubbers:

dis likes banana chewits so she'll always be wonderful in my eyes.

bella is one of the nicest ladies around & her music rocks.

Postby dis » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Guest wrote:

adding to your list ...

you're awesome yourself, nn :wubbers:

dis likes banana chewits so she'll always be wonderful in my eyes.

bella is one of the nicest ladies around & her music rocks.

Thank you banana chewits :wubbers:

I would be more wonderful if I could have banana chewits again, it’s on my list of things to do before I die but I think I am dreaming the impossible dream. :bawlin:
dis

Postby Cobs » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:19 pm

I will grumpily admit to missing Vam and LM a bit.
The Lasso of Truth would be a cool button for the lady admins.
Cobs

Postby Gabby » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Aww thanks chuck :wubbers: ... and I like you too :mrgreen: .... someone that shares a love of wacky cheap wellies can’t be all that bad! :wink:
Gabby

Postby dis » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:22 pm

I am not naming names of posters I have my favourites and they know who they are. I will say that I love the way our mods mod with a sense of humour, they make me laugh a lot.
dis

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:00 pm

I think Nucks and Nicks are the best posters here. Funny and fair. Mes too. I like Stooo as well so he can be an honorary lady. :thumbsup:

Postby Goodwife » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:04 pm

What a nice thoughtful idea Nasty & thank you for the kind words :smilin:

Have to agree re Nucks I do find her very funny.

I sometimes get up in the very early hours & have the odd time come online because its way too early to leave the house and see Holly and Vicky chattering in a thread, they have a lovely friendship.

Do we include the men in this? Cos honestly some of the men on here act like women more than the women do :gigglesnshit:
Goodwife

Postby Keyser » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:08 pm

There are plenty of excellent female posters on here whom I really get on with - they know who they are. :cuppaT:

However to change track slightly it looks like the mystery of a very famous and courageous woman has finally been solved at last. :thumbsup:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... -analysis/

https://www.livescience.com/61962-bones ... sland.html

Keyser

Postby Punk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:23 pm

I doth my cap to the amazing females on this planet. There are billions of them.
Punk

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:25 pm

If you think about it Stooo only thing missing is the Wo :pmsl:
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:31 pm

Punk wrote:I doth my cap to the amazing females on this planet. There are billions of them.

"Doth my cap??" Definity, if I wore a cap. Whithout doubt, way sweeter than :choc:
art0hur0moh

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Lots of terrific female posters on this site but the ones who stand out for me are Holly, Vic, Mes, Vam and Ragamuffin.

They all have the same qualities which I admire and aspire towards: loyalty, honour, trustworthiness with a strong sense of fairness,justice and defence of the underdog.

Ladies. I salute you.
Avon Barksdale

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug