Wonder Women!

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Bella » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:06 am

Guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:It’s international women’s day, and dogs has a heck of a lot of pretty awesome women. Normally we scrap amongst ourselves, but maybe we can have a day where we appreciate the good bits of everyone, and do a bit of lifting up instead of knocking down.

I’ll start with our wonderful mods. Three fantastic ladies who give us their time, and put up with a lot of shit because of it. And yet they persevere.

Goodwife, who is tenacious and can hold her own whilst still delivering her very own brand of humour. She’s strong and doesn’t allow her spirit to be dampened. And occasionally she makes me laugh. Occasionally. :wink:

Poca. She puts her principles before any past disagreement. When others would find it all too easy to join in, Poca will defend those she doesn’t always see eye to eye with. And she rarely gets dragged into tedious shit. She’s kind and warm, and it’s hard not to like her.

Nucks makes me laugh every single day. Her puns are shit, but I love em. She’ll take the piss out of you if you take yourself too seriously, and states her opinion without being dragged into arguments or bitching.


adding to your list ...

you're awesome yourself, nn :wubbers:

dis likes banana chewits so she'll always be wonderful in my eyes.

bella is one of the nicest ladies around & her music rocks.


Thank you :wubbers:

Song for you x

User avatar
Bella
 
Posts: 6582
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:41 am

Canary has to be kept. She is forum gold :nelix:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Nucks » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:40 am

:wubbers: Aww shucks.

Some great ladies reside here at this forum. Here’s to all of us and the women who inspire us, our mums, nanas, aunties, daughters, friends, and others who see their gender as an asset, never a weapon.

:Wiiiine!:
User avatar
Nucks
 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Holly » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:59 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:Lots of terrific female posters on this site but the ones who stand out for me are Holly, Vic, Mes, Vam and Ragamuffin.

They all have the same qualities which I admire and aspire towards: loyalty, honour, trustworthiness with a strong sense of fairness,justice and defence of the underdog.

Ladies. I salute you.


Awwww thanks Avon, and you're one of my favourite lads here

Image
User avatar
Holly
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 4:25 pm
Location: Middle-earth

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Text » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Guest wrote:Canary has to be kept. She is forum gold :nelix:


Keep everyone!
Whether gold or silver.
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 19406
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Text » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:50 pm

NastyNickers wrote:It’s international women’s day, and dogs has a heck of a lot of pretty awesome women. Normally we scrap amongst ourselves, but maybe we can have a day where we appreciate the good bits of everyone, and do a bit of lifting up instead of knocking down. ......


Like dis said, I won't mention specific names either.
But yes, Nicks there are some women here whom I like and admire very much.
User avatar
Text
 
Posts: 19406
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Dean » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:51 pm

Gal Gadot is absolutely stunning...
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 31618
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Vam » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:05 pm

The 'Coven Massive' of course! :cool:
Fran, Nic, Hobbsy, Mash, Cleo, among others - all vivacious, talented, astute, charismatic, rational ladies, with something about them. Not forgetting the perception and insight to sniff out bullshit from a kilometre away. Most of all, they're always up for a laugh.

Plus...

Pokes - we've been known to intermittently snap at each other, sure :gigglesnshit: Every time I think I've figured her out, she still manages to surprise me - and always in a good way :smilin:

Dis - can only ever be 'Wee Ditz' to me. Off-the-wall eccentricity just naturally flows out of her. I read her posts wide-eyed :gigglesnshit: Especially when she goes off at tangents, to post about things like finding a hairband wrapped around a bag of demerara sugar, as though that's a perfectly normal everyday thing. Her fashion choices often bemuse me :ooer: and I swear I read her posts with a Scottish accent going on in my head. Can never get enough of ditz dis!

Nucks - hard to beat this lady for fabulous wordplay and razor sharp wit. She routinely has me falling about with laughter. But don't let the fab one-liners fool ya. Nucks is highly observant and perceptive - very little gets past her. And she'll often inject a little humour to try and diffuse a potentially explosive forum ruck. Which can only be a good thing, right? :thumbsup:

I've often been asked what keeps me here.... ^^^ They do.

Plus 3 other people who merit a separate post from me....
Last edited by Vam on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Vam
 
Posts: 14647
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:57 am

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Dean » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Vam wrote:The 'Coven Massive' of course! :cool:
Fran, Nic, Hobbsy, Mash, Cleo, among others - all vivacious, talented, astute, charismatic, rational ladies, with something about them. Not forgetting the perception and insight to sniff out bullshit from a kilometre away. Most of all, they're always up for a laugh.

Plus...

Pokes - we've been known to intermittently snap at each other, sure :gigglesnshit: Every time I think I've figured her out, she still manages to surprise me - and always in a good way :smilin:

Dis - can only ever be 'Wee Ditz' to me. Off-the-wall eccentricity just naturally flows out of her. I read her posts wide-eyed :gigglesnshit: Especially when she goes off at tangents, to post about things like finding a hairband wrapped around a bag of demerara sugar, as though that's a perfectly normal everyday thing. Her fashion choices often bemuse me :ooer: and I swear I read her posts with a Scottish accent going on in my head. Can never get enough of ditz dis!

Nucks - hard to beat this lady for fabulous wordplay and razor sharp wit. She routinely has me falling about with laughter. But don't let the fab one-liners fool ya. Nucks is highly observant perceptive - very little gets past her. And she'll often inject a little humour to try and diffuse a potentially explosive forum ruck. Which can only be a good thing, right? :thumbsup:

I've often been asked what keeps me here.... ^^^ They do.

Plus 3 other people who merit a separate post from me....


Who often asks you what keeps you here?
User avatar
Dean
 
Posts: 31618
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby dis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:23 pm

I hated Wonder Woman - It was guff and I’ve got that tune stuck in my head now which is annoying.
User avatar
dis
 
Posts: 2466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Rockstar » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Dean wrote:
Vam wrote:The 'Coven Massive' of course! :cool:
Fran, Nic, Hobbsy, Mash, Cleo, among others - all vivacious, talented, astute, charismatic, rational ladies, with something about them. Not forgetting the perception and insight to sniff out bullshit from a kilometre away. Most of all, they're always up for a laugh.

Plus...

Pokes - we've been known to intermittently snap at each other, sure :gigglesnshit: Every time I think I've figured her out, she still manages to surprise me - and always in a good way :smilin:

Dis - can only ever be 'Wee Ditz' to me. Off-the-wall eccentricity just naturally flows out of her. I read her posts wide-eyed :gigglesnshit: Especially when she goes off at tangents, to post about things like finding a hairband wrapped around a bag of demerara sugar, as though that's a perfectly normal everyday thing. Her fashion choices often bemuse me :ooer: and I swear I read her posts with a Scottish accent going on in my head. Can never get enough of ditz dis!

Nucks - hard to beat this lady for fabulous wordplay and razor sharp wit. She routinely has me falling about with laughter. But don't let the fab one-liners fool ya. Nucks is highly observant perceptive - very little gets past her. And she'll often inject a little humour to try and diffuse a potentially explosive forum ruck. Which can only be a good thing, right? :thumbsup:

I've often been asked what keeps me here.... ^^^ They do.

Plus 3 other people who merit a separate post from me....


Who often asks you what keeps you here?


Vam NLI :mrgreen:
User avatar
Rockstar
 
Posts: 11204
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Rockstar » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:31 pm

dis wrote:I hated Wonder Woman - It was guff and I’ve got that tune stuck in my head now which is annoying.


It is electrifying....Batman vs Superman was when I was reeled in!
User avatar
Rockstar
 
Posts: 11204
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Shitheads get treated like shitheads, it’s not fucking rocket science and it doesn’t matter what gender you are.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 22884
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm
Location: Happy ever after.

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby dis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Rockstar wrote:
dis wrote:I hated Wonder Woman - It was guff and I’ve got that tune stuck in my head now which is annoying.


It is electrifying....Batman vs Superman was when I was reeled in!


I hate all the super hero stuff and Star Wars and Star Trek and all that. My husband is a right geek about it all, he had loads of comics spends ages hunting for them online. It’s graphic novels at the moment. That and old records which is ok.
User avatar
dis
 
Posts: 2466
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:29 pm

Re: Wonder Women!

Postby Rockstar » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:42 pm

dis wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
dis wrote:I hated Wonder Woman - It was guff and I’ve got that tune stuck in my head now which is annoying.


It is electrifying....Batman vs Superman was when I was reeled in!


I hate all the super hero stuff and Star Wars and Star Trek and all that. My husband is a right geek about it all, he had loads of comics spends ages hunting for them online. It’s graphic novels at the moment. That and old records which is ok.


I meant the tune got stuck into my head from Batman vs Superman...

I am not a massive fan of superhero stuff...If I like the tralier..I will go watch,,,Otherwise it is one tedious journey trying to keep up with whole fucking multi-verse.
User avatar
Rockstar
 
Posts: 11204
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests