Electronics/Gadgets you own and love. Items you want.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Electronics/Gadgets you own and love. Items you want.

Postby jp761 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Ah yes Avon now you've said it I remember them going for a 43", Panasonic did 42" plasma's.
jp761

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:33 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Stooo wrote:I've got one of these arriving Monday. I destroyed the charging port on my JCB speaker by dropping it :roll:

I swear by Anker. I own Anker power bank and car charger...Good brand...

It's actually pretty good, it's got a nice bass and a very clear midrange, it's also tiny; I'm going to try it tomorrow as a standalone instead of my truck's bluetooth, it will fit in a cupholder.

The built in FM radio was a surprise and it looks like it may do a bit of voice recognition if you keep Google and Alexia on.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby jp761 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Just bought this handheld games machine, £20, it's better than I expected 200 or so games including classics like space invaders well it's called Galaxy Battle but it's very similar. The screen is pretty clear considering it's only 2.5 inch. It's fun and nostalgic playing the kind of games there are on this thing. The build quality for the money isn't bad.
jp761

Postby Keyser » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 pm

jp761 wrote:Image

Just bought this handheld games machine, £20, it's better than I expected 200 or so games including classics like space invaders well it's called Galaxy Battle but it's very similar. The screen is pretty clear considering it's only 2.5 inch. It's fun and nostalgic playing the kind of games there are on this thing. The build quality for the money isn't bad.

Where from JP?

That looks fucking wonderful - I want it! :wubbers: :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby jp761 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:40 pm

Keyser wrote:

Where from JP?

It is cool. Amazon, search mini arcade machine and a few different one's will come up the looks vary a little between them different colour schemes and stuff.

Argos also sells them and no doubt some other places as well.
jp761

Postby Keyser » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:02 pm

jp761 wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Where from JP?

It is cool. Amazon, search mini arcade machine and a few different one's will come up the looks vary a little between them different colour schemes and stuff.

Argos also sells them and no doubt some other places as well.

Cheers! :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Guest » Tue May 01, 2018 12:19 am

Not a gadget but I love the vivid arts collection. Especially the Gorilla and sitting chimpanzee for the garden.

Postby jra » Tue May 01, 2018 12:10 pm

I want one of those, ideally though with a larger screen.
jra

Postby jp761 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:18 pm

jra wrote:

With handheld stuff you aren't going to get much bigger than like 5 inch. It starts to get too big obviously.

Image How about this, 4.3 inch, I'm thinking of getting it at some point soonish it's from amazon and £40, should be £70 apparently. 600 or so 80s and 90s games on it.
jp761

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue May 01, 2018 4:15 pm

jp761 wrote:

That's pretty cool.

I have a little handheld Sega emulator at home which I got off Ebay several years ago which is still going great guns. It has lots of games on it but the only one I have played much is Altered Beast!
Avon Barksdale

Postby jp761 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
jp761 wrote:

That's pretty cool.

I have a little handheld Sega emulator at home which I got off Ebay several years ago which is still going great guns. It has lots of games on it but the only one I have played much is Altered Beast!
Nice, I had the Sega Master System back in the day.

Speaking of games do you remember the racing game Outrun? I'd love to find a handheld machine that has it on I was pretty damn good at Outrun.
jp761

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue May 01, 2018 4:31 pm

jp761 wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
jp761 wrote:

That's pretty cool.

Speaking of games do you remember the racing game Outrun? I'd love to find a handheld machine that has it on I was pretty damn good at Outrun.

I loved Outrun and IIRC couldn't you choose the music on the radio station before starting the game? It was epic.

I had a Sega Mega Drive and loved games like Space Harrier and Afterburner too.
Avon Barksdale

Postby jp761 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
jp761 wrote:

That's pretty cool.

I loved Outrun and IIRC couldn't you choose the music on the radio station before starting the game? It was epic.

I had a Sega Mega Drive and loved games like Space Harrier and Afterburner too.
Yeah, you could do that, the soundtracks were epic. Awesome gameplay superb sound it doesn't get much better.
jp761

Postby jra » Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 am

jp761 wrote:
jra wrote:

With handheld stuff you aren't going to get much bigger than like 5 inch. It starts to get too big obviously.

Image How about this, 4.3 inch, I'm thinking of getting it at some point soonish it's from amazon and £40, should be £70 apparently. 600 or so 80s and 90s games on it.

That's more like it. I'll look into it. Thanks.
jra

Postby jp761 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:39 pm

jra wrote:
jp761 wrote:
jra wrote:

That's more like it. I'll look into it. Thanks.
Just received that "SUPER GAME" handheld games console today. It's quite brilliant, connects to your big screen as well. :mrgreen: Games like Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat and FIFA 98 are included, plenty of Mario stuff if that's your thing. Plenty of car racing games as well.
jp761

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug