Electronics/Gadgets you own and love. Items you want.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Electronics/Gadgets you own and love. Items you want.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 am

Nucks wrote:Wouldn’t mind giving a VR headset a whirl. I’ve seen so many YouTube clips where people get totally caught up and break furniture or accidentally smack someone in the face. :gigglesnshit:

Admit it, you just want it for virtual sex. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Nucks » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Nucks wrote:Wouldn’t mind giving a VR headset a whirl. I’ve seen so many YouTube clips where people get totally caught up and break furniture or accidentally smack someone in the face. :gigglesnshit:

Admit it, you just want it for virtual sex. :thumbsup:

Never crossed my mind. :snooty:
Nucks

Postby Gabby » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:24 pm

I bought this not long ago for my kitchen, it’s never off ‘Smooth’ when i’m home.... great little radio, fabulous clear sound even on its highest volume!... around £80 but well worth it! :thumbsup:

Gabby

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:34 pm

I’m an Apple fangirl, and pretty much upgrade my iPhone, iPad and watch when a new one is released. I’m on the iPhone X, 12.5 inch iPad Pro and series 3 Watch currently.

Built my own desktop. I am a gamer, but I also run different BIM programs (usually all at the same time), so I went as powerful as I could afford.

I have 3D pens and a 3D printer, engraving and cutting machines, all manner of crafty shit and power tools. I’m dreadful for stuff collecting.
NastyNickers

Postby McAz » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:57 pm

We almost exclusively used Apple products for 3 or 4 years, iMac, iPad, iPhone - and then for no real reason I can discern we stopped - just got bored. Of course it helps that Windows and Android have improved so much since the days when OSX and IOS were enviable.
McAz

Postby jp761 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:16 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I recently bought three PC's and the one I sit here with is one of those all in one things.
It's a screen on a stand with the pc built into the back of the screen.
No wires no separate bits.
No good if you like to physically add stuff apart from more memory but a great piece of kit for what it's used for.

A simple MIDI keyboard.
49 keys 5 octave changes which makes it more than 49 keys.
Just under 70 quid.
It has no onboard sounds.
It has no speakers.
It's useless without a computer of some kind to plug it into.
It looks like any other black and white piano style keyboard.
The sounds are whatever MIDI patches I have stored in pc software.
Meaning the sounds I have are almost limitless.
The manipulation of any sound is almost limitless and playable on the keys.
Lot of software for turning all my sound design and creation into some kind of music.
Other than this I'm not really a fan of high tech anything else.
I am going to have to bow down to getting a modern mobile pretty soon though.
I won't be paying eight hundred quid though or any other silly price for a phone.

Recently bought another telly.
Gone from one old fashioned one that I was perfectly happy with but got a flat thin was as a present which has led to a growth in numbers of them but not a growth in the hours they are watched.
Large and pointless really.
Hardly ever switched on.

My next purchases will be a good microphone as singing is becoming essential for the continuation of my musical hobby and some decent speakers.
The singing will also and more importantly be good physical medicine for a man with COPD.
Gotta do it now while I still can and exercise those lungs while I still can.

I won't be getting devices around the house that I can talk to and they talk back ... what a nightmare!
Look up the DALI speaker range, Rolly, if you haven't heard of them, they're the kind of company that gets praised for their value for money in independent reviews. A £500 pair of speakers for example, being likened to the quality of a pair of £800 to £1000 speakers from most other companies.

I play drums on this. Image

Self-taught, not very good, just a hobby and for fun.

I used to have a kit something like this one it took up too much space though for my liking. Image
jp761

Postby jp761 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:25 pm

One of my nieces has one, it's not really for me although I've tried it much to my nieces delight. :mrgreen:

I know sod all about them though maybe someone else can advise you.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Gabby wrote:I bought this not long ago for my kitchen, it’s never off ‘Smooth’ when i’m home.... great little radio, fabulous clear sound even on its highest volume!... around £80 but well worth it! :thumbsup:

Nice and retro. Just looked it up such a choice of colours.
jp761

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:37 pm

McAz wrote:We almost exclusively used Apple products for 3 or 4 years, iMac, iPad, iPhone - and then for no real reason I can discern we stopped - just got bored. Of course it helps that Windows and Android have improved so much since the days when OSX and IOS were enviable.

I think I’m nearing the end of my Apple days. It’s been about 4 years, and now phones and tablets are breaking the 1k mark, I’m looking at alternatives.
Always been a windows desktop fan though. I wouldn’t even know where to start with macs.
NastyNickers

Postby jp761 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:38 pm

NastyNickers wrote:I’m an Apple fangirl, and pretty much upgrade my iPhone, iPad and watch when a new one is released. I’m on the iPhone X, 12.5 inch iPad Pro and series 3 Watch currently.

Built my own desktop. I am a gamer, but I also run different BIM programs (usually all at the same time), so I went as powerful as I could afford.

I have 3D pens and a 3D printer, engraving and cutting machines, all manner of crafty shit and power tools. I’m dreadful for stuff collecting.
Only the best right there in the apple range. Nice.

Nice skill to have the ability to build your own desktop to your specific requirements.

3D printer something in the tech world that I've never seen in action, not in the flesh at least seen it on TV.
jp761

Postby McAz » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:42 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
McAz wrote:We almost exclusively used Apple products for 3 or 4 years, iMac, iPad, iPhone - and then for no real reason I can discern we stopped - just got bored. Of course it helps that Windows and Android have improved so much since the days when OSX and IOS were enviable.

I think I’m nearing the end of my Apple days. It’s been about 4 years, and now phones and tablets are breaking the 1k mark, I’m looking at alternatives.
Always been a windows desktop fan though. I wouldn’t even know where to start with macs.

There's a moral limit to how much I can spend on a phone - and 1k crosses that line.

I like OSX, it's efficient, clean, never breaks down - but Win 10 is the best Windows since XP, and so much more fun than OSX.
McAz

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:01 pm

jp761 wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:I’m an Apple fangirl, and pretty much upgrade my iPhone, iPad and watch when a new one is released. I’m on the iPhone X, 12.5 inch iPad Pro and series 3 Watch currently.

Nice skill to have the ability to build your own desktop to your specific requirements.

3D printer something in the tech world that I've never seen in action, not in the flesh at least seen it on TV.

I don’t use the printer as much as I should. Or the engraver/cutter. The technology is amazing though. Everything will be 3D printed eventually :mrgreen:

I’ve always added to my desktops, whether upgrading the graphics card or new storage drives. Building it wasn’t much of a leP, and there are so many really good guides out there.
I upgraded my graphics card recently from the GYX 970 to the 1080 ti. I fancied getting in on the 4K gaming, but haven’t got round to upgrading my monitor yet :paranoid:
NastyNickers

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:03 pm

McAz wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

There's a moral limit to how much I can spend on a phone - and 1k crosses that line.

I like OSX, it's efficient, clean, never breaks down - but Win 10 is the best Windows since XP, and so much more fun than OSX.

I could never get on with it. We had Macs in Uni and no matter how much I fucked about with them, they never felt as intuitive as windows.
Windows 10 is a fucking dream.
NastyNickers

Postby jp761 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:23 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
jp761 wrote:

I don’t use the printer as much as I should. Or the engraver/cutter. The technology is amazing though. Everything will be 3D printed eventually :mrgreen:

I’ve always added to my desktops, whether upgrading the graphics card or new storage drives. Building it wasn’t much of a leP, and there are so many really good guides out there.
I upgraded my graphics card recently from the GYX 970 to the 1080 ti. I fancied getting in on the 4K gaming, but haven’t got round to upgrading my monitor yet :paranoid:
I've added additional RAM before but that's it. As you say there are some good guides around some of them pretty much anyone could follow easily enough. Computers aren't really my bag though as the OP said, I can set-up a whole one easy enough sort the antivirus etc but that's about it.

Just had a a quick look at 4K PC monitor prices the best prices aren't as much as I expected, I know 4K TV prices have gradually came down but didn't really expect decent prices on 4K PC monitors.
jp761

Postby Stooo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:34 pm

jp761 wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
jp761 wrote:

I've added additional RAM before but that's it. As you say there are some good guides around some of them pretty much anyone could follow easily enough. Computers aren't really my bag though as the OP said, I can set-up a whole one easy enough sort the antivirus etc but that's about it.

Just had a a quick look at 4K PC monitor prices the best prices aren't as much as I expected, I know 4K TV prices have gradually came down but didn't really expect decent prices on 4K PC monitors.

Why bother to buy a TV in this day and age?
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug