Video Games

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Video Games

Postby Gerst » Sun May 27, 2018 12:17 pm

Obviously video games are of interest only to worthless degenerates, but here's a few screenshots from one I played recently, called Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. It's set in the summer of 1984, in and around an imaginary village in Shropshire, a place where all the inhabitants have mysteriously disappeared.

Gerst

Re: Video Games

Postby Dimples » Sun May 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Nice graphics, Gerst. :thumbsup:
Dimples

Postby Nucks » Sun May 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Partly because I’m old, but mostly because I’m cheap :mrgreen: , I never ventured beyond my PS2. :shame:

I love to have a go on Sly Cooper 2 or 3, Ratchet & Clank, or Jak & Daxter. Favourite of all time is still Spyro. I’ve got the first 5, I didn’t like the updated graphics after that.

My husband is into Assassins Creed and Resident Evil mostly. I can tell when he’s playing Resi 4 cuz that annoying bint keeps yelling “Leon!!!!!!!!!” and I can hear him telling her to shut up. :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Sun May 27, 2018 7:14 pm

Nucks wrote:Partly because I’m old, but mostly because I’m cheap :mrgreen: , I never ventured beyond my PS2. :shame:

I love to have a go on Sly Cooper 2 or 3, Ratchet & Clank, or Jak & Daxter. Favourite of all time is still Spyro. I’ve got the first 5, I didn’t like the updated graphics after that.

My husband is into Assassins Creed and Resident Evil mostly. I can tell when he’s playing Resi 4 cuz that annoying bint keeps yelling “Leon!!!!!!!!!” and I can hear him telling her to shut up. :gigglesnshit:

Same here.

But I really only played various survival horror series (Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame/Project Zero etc) and Tomb Raider anyway.

As for earlier nostalgic memories (that along with books helped to get me through tough times as a child) the best games on the Spectrum 48K (Manic Miner etc) were simply wonderful. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 27, 2018 10:37 pm

I've been Xbox mostly, haven't found the enthusiasm to move from 360 to Xbox One.

When I do start playing them I love it too much, hours just disappear and I get an overwhelming feeling that I should be doing something useful, usually around the 4 hour mark.

I've been a fan of Xbox exclusive titles like Halo and Gears of War but I also love the 'open world' type like The Witcher titles and Red Dead Redemption.

Done the Calls of Duty, Resi Evil, I do like Tomb Raider too but I just know if I get a new Xbox or PS I'm gonna revert to a couch potato until I either have a brain haemorrhage or my joints and muscles seize up.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Sun May 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Favourite games of the moment - God of War...

...and Detroit: Become Human

McAz

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 27, 2018 10:52 pm

McAz wrote:Favourite games of the moment - God of War...

There are so many game titles that look so good you could easily bankrupt yourself and lose the use of your legs trying them all.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Sun May 27, 2018 10:53 pm

Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:Favourite games of the moment - God of War...

There are so many game titles that look so good you could easily bankrupt yourself and lose the use of your legs trying them all.

Yes, gaming is riding high at the moment - the beat year or so for a long while.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun May 27, 2018 11:19 pm

Does playing pool on Miniclip count as gaming?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon May 28, 2018 7:22 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Does playing pool on Miniclip count as gaming?

Or Mahjong Tiles?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Nucks » Mon May 28, 2018 8:44 am

Trapper John wrote:I've been Xbox mostly, haven't found the enthusiasm to move from 360 to Xbox One.

When I do start playing them I love it too much, hours just disappear and I get an overwhelming feeling that I should be doing something useful, usually around the 4 hour mark.

I've been a fan of Xbox exclusive titles like Halo and Gears of War but I also love the 'open world' type like The Witcher titles and Red Dead Redemption.

Done the Calls of Duty, Resi Evil, I do like Tomb Raider too but I just know if I get a new Xbox or PS I'm gonna revert to a couch potato until I either have a brain haemorrhage or my joints and muscles seize up.

It can pull people in to an unhealthy level of obsession, but that’s on the person, not the game. Someone I knew was heavily into World of Warcraft, they quit their job and eventually dipped into a pension fund because they got so far behind on bills. There have been cases where violence has been committed because someone‘s gameplay was interrupted, accidentally by a child, for example. For most people though, it’s just a fun pastime.

The most fun on a video game I ever had was over 20 years ago when some friends set up a 4-way game of Bomberman (can’t remember what system it was on) with splitters and adapters. :gigglesnshit: Very simple concept but it was loads of fun. :mrgreen:

In case you’re not familiar:

Nucks

Postby Gerst » Wed May 30, 2018 1:41 pm

I think Asteroids was the most fun I ever had on the early video games – there was one in the common room at university, replacing the Pac-Man of the first year. The very early black and white outline version of Asteroids was beautifully simple. I even remember playing one of the first, primitive tennis video games, Pong, in a ten-pin bowling alley in the 70s.

Any road up, here's a few screenshots from The Witcher III, which I see a few others have played. The Medieval European landscapes in this are quite reminiscent of Bruegel paintings, so I wonder if the makers used him as a reference.

I think it's the created environments that interest me most about gaming, so I'd be interested to know what games others like or recommend purely in terms of interesting environments.
Gerst

Postby Keyser » Wed May 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Gerst wrote:I think Asteroids was the most fun I ever had on the early video games – there was one in the common room at university, replacing the Pac-Man of the first year. The very early black and white outline version of Asteroids was beautifully simple. I even remember playing one of the first, primitive tennis video games, Pong, in a ten-pin bowling alley in the 70s.

Any road up, here's a few screenshots from The Witcher III, which I see a few others have played. The Medieval European landscapes in this are quite reminiscent of Bruegel paintings, so I wonder if the makers used him as a reference.

I think it's the created environments that interest me most about gaming, so I'd be interested to know what games others like or recommend purely in terms of interesting environments.

Those graphics - incredible! :yikes:
Keyser

Postby Abs » Thu May 31, 2018 6:47 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Does playing pool on Miniclip count as gaming?

Or Mahjong Tiles?

I do both.
Abs

Postby Abs » Thu May 31, 2018 6:49 am

I'm not worthless degenerate but I used to play some video games. That looks like an interesting game Gerst and great graphics.
Abs

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug