Worrying!

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Worrying!

Postby Bella » Tue May 29, 2018 9:27 pm

I'm going to be in melt down for 2 months, the lad is off on his travels again...

Catastrophic thinking.... :bawlin:
Bella

Re: Worrying!

Postby MG2 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:19 pm

It must be a worry, Bella. Do you have an arrangement set where he messages you once a week at least or something.

Where is he off to?
MG2

Postby Bella » Tue May 29, 2018 10:41 pm

MG2 wrote:It must be a worry, Bella. Do you have an arrangement set where he messages you once a week at least or something.

Where is he off to?

Everyday I hope or I will melt.

He's 18, he's going to Japan (he's been there before alone) Japan is very safe and then on onto Vietnam and maybe Cambodia.

I'm sure he'll be fine and having fun whilst I am a nervous wreck :bawlin:
Bella

Postby Abs » Tue May 29, 2018 11:05 pm

Bella wrote:
MG2 wrote:It must be a worry, Bella. Do you have an arrangement set where he messages you once a week at least or something.

Where is he off to?

He's 18, he's going to Japan (he's been there before alone) Japan is very safe and then on onto Vietnam and maybe Cambodia.

Hang in there, I can imagine how hard it must be to you.
Abs

Postby Bella » Tue May 29, 2018 11:25 pm

Abs wrote:
Bella wrote:

Where is he off to?

I was thinking how much you enjoyed your poetry, do you still write any?

Also you were good at making games threads :smilin:
Bella

Postby Abs » Wed May 30, 2018 2:06 am

Bella wrote:
Abs wrote:
Bella wrote:

Where is he off to?

I haven't written in quite awhile cept the poems I wrote for my dad, and my son. Yeah I was still doing my games elsewhere but with all the stuff i've been through I just didn't feel like doing it anymore. Nothing interests me, nothing matters I just don't care. I just want to join my son.
Abs

Postby Gabby » Wed May 30, 2018 8:22 am

Abs wrote:
Bella wrote:
Abs wrote:
Bella wrote:

Where is he off to?

I haven't written in quite awhile cept the poems I wrote for my dad, and my son. Yeah I was still doing my games elsewhere but with all the stuff i've been through I just didn't feel like doing it anymore. Nothing interests me, nothing matters I just don't care. I just want to join my son.

Oh Abs, my heart breaks for you..... you must speak to others experiencing the same as you.... don’t face it alone, you’re not on your own, you could gain some comfort by doing so :wubbers:
Gabby

Postby Keyser » Wed May 30, 2018 9:24 pm

Gabby wrote:
Oh Abs, my heart breaks for you..... you must speak to others experiencing the same as you.... don’t face it alone, you’re not on your own, you could gain some comfort by doing so :wubbers:

A beautiful post and seconded. :smilin:
Keyser

Postby Abs » Thu May 31, 2018 6:45 am

Gabby wrote:
Abs wrote:
Bella wrote:
Abs wrote:
Bella wrote:

Aww don't worry about me. I was talking to this one lady who thought I was suicidal, so she talked me into talking to some people who have gone through the same, she said it will help me and that person. It didn't go well. The first time she called all she did was sit and talk about her son and how I will lose all my friends like she did and how it will never stop hurting. How some days she can not get out of bed even though it's been 12 years. All she did was make me feel worse. It may have helped her to get to talk about it, but it didn't help me at all.
Abs

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu May 31, 2018 7:25 am

Bella wrote:

Where is he off to?

Sounds exciting. You’ve obviously instilled an adventurous spirit in him. Well done! :Wiiiine!:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Bella » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Bella wrote:

Where is he off to?

Sounds exciting. You’ve obviously instilled an adventurous spirit in him. Well done! :Wiiiine!:

I'd like to think so, he has been Home educated since the age of 13 and seems far more confident than some of his (school educated) mates.
I'm proud, he does it all himself and has pretty bad dyscalculia and dyslexia... like his Mother :smilin: A good education to book flights and accommodation and visas etc
We had to learn the unschooling thing, but it has obviously worked. Plans for college on return and he can go back to his work place :smilin:

Meanwhile I will be nervous wreck until he meets us up in Portugal :bawlin:
Bella

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 am

Bella wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Bella wrote:

Where is he off to?

I'd like to think so, he has been Home educated since the age of 13 and seems far more confident than some of his (school educated) mates.
I'm proud, he does it all himself and has pretty bad dyscalculia and dyslexia... like his Mother :smilin: A good education to book flights and accommodation and visas etc
We had to learn the unschooling thing, but it has obviously worked. Plans for college on return and he can go back to his work place :smilin:

Meanwhile I will be nervous wreck until he meets us up in Portugal :bawlin:

Well he’s obviously become a confident young adult despite the difficult years. My youngest is similar, he loves travelling, and works so he can afford it, but all he got out of school was a decent group of friends who he still holidays with once a year. They’re camping in Wales next month.
I’d worry if he was halfway across the world without family too, but I get excited for them when they go. With whattasp and social media etc it’s easy to keep in touch nowadays, that lessens the worry for me.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Kizzie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:16 am

Abs wrote:
Aww don't worry about me. I was talking to this one lady who thought I was suicidal, so she talked me into talking to some people who have gone through the same, she said it will help me and that person. It didn't go well. The first time she called all she did was sit and talk about her son and how I will lose all my friends like she did and how it will never stop hurting. How some days she can not get out of bed even though it's been 12 years. All she did was make me feel worse. It may have helped her to get to talk about it, but it didn't help me at all.

She sounds like my old support worker. spent the whole hour a week for 5 years talking about herself. Didn't do one thing to support me. I finally pucked up the courage to talk to my SW about her and she then deemed I was well enough to not need support anymore. Good job my sense of humour always stayed with me.

As with everything, One day at a time, one moment at a time. If I had done what I wanted to years back I would not be here now, the happiest or should I say, content-est time of my life, I would have missed so much.

:wubbers:
Kizzie

Postby Kizzie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:21 am

Bella, he sounds a great lad. I also dyscalculia and dyslexia and it's not easy travelling outside your own country with those problems. but like everything we muddle on and get there in the end. Its very good to travel you learn so much more that way.

I had two brothers who travelled the world and never came home but settled in Thailand, they have both done very well for themselves.

Eeek meant to cheer you not scare you. Sorry :oops:
Kizzie

Postby Abs » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:00 am

Kizzie wrote:
Abs wrote:

She sounds like my old support worker. spent the whole hour a week for 5 years talking about herself. Didn't do one thing to support me. I finally pucked up the courage to talk to my SW about her and she then deemed I was well enough to not need support anymore. Good job my sense of humour always stayed with me.

As with everything, One day at a time, one moment at a time. If I had done what I wanted to years back I would not be here now, the happiest or should I say, content-est time of my life, I would have missed so much.

:wubbers:

Well she sounds worse than this lady. She called one day to say that she had gotten an email from me, but accidently deleted it as she didn't recognize my email name. So I said I would send it again, I did, and she still never replied. So I wrote her off. I'm glad it worked out for you. :)
Abs

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug