The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby Niv » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:33 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Brief update again (cos I am stupidly busy these days): Week 13 done.

The last session was 30 minutes running, 1 minutes rest, 30 minutes running which I did without getting run over, falling over or crying. It was hard but manageable.

Not looking forward to this week as it involves 2 sessions with 60 minutes running followed by a 10k in the last session! Realistically I'll only be able to manage two runs this week due to time constraints so may have to put the 10k on hold but I have a bit of slack before I start a proper 12 week half marathon training plan so all good.

Onwards to victory!



You're doing fantastic !!! :hap:

Keep going, the victory is yours :canny: :score: :pompom: <<<< Me cheerleading :smilin:
User avatar
Niv
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby banana chewits » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
banana chewits wrote:you're making me feel very unfit.


Have you tried running? It's very good for CV fitness I hear.

Looking back from the start of the thread to now it's amazing how far I've come in terms of fitness and weight loss. I can run for 60 minutes (at least I should be able to) and sit comfortably within a healthy weight band.

Consistency + effort + time = success.


i'm scared i'd drop my danish pastry if i tried running. i want to be fit & in great condition for minimum effort. got any suggestions?
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 3208
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:24 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
banana chewits wrote:you're making me feel very unfit.


Have you tried running? It's very good for CV fitness I hear.

Looking back from the start of the thread to now it's amazing how far I've come in terms of fitness and weight loss. I can run for 60 minutes (at least I should be able to) and sit comfortably within a healthy weight band.

Consistency + effort + time = success.


i'm scared i'd drop my danish pastry if i tried running. i want to be fit & in great condition for minimum effort. got any suggestions?


I suggest you be happy being porky.

Thank me later.
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 8726
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Troll Central

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby Niv » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:52 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
banana chewits wrote:you're making me feel very unfit.


Have you tried running? It's very good for CV fitness I hear.

Looking back from the start of the thread to now it's amazing how far I've come in terms of fitness and weight loss. I can run for 60 minutes (at least I should be able to) and sit comfortably within a healthy weight band.

Consistency + effort + time = success.


i'm scared i'd drop my danish pastry if i tried running. i want to be fit & in great condition for minimum effort. got any suggestions?


You could give me half of your Danish :drool:

See half the calories :smilin:

No need for thanks :wubwub:
User avatar
Niv
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby banana chewits » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
banana chewits wrote:you're making me feel very unfit.


Have you tried running? It's very good for CV fitness I hear.

Looking back from the start of the thread to now it's amazing how far I've come in terms of fitness and weight loss. I can run for 60 minutes (at least I should be able to) and sit comfortably within a healthy weight band.

Consistency + effort + time = success.


i'm scared i'd drop my danish pastry if i tried running. i want to be fit & in great condition for minimum effort. got any suggestions?


I suggest you be happy being porky.

Thank me later.


i'll get you for that! :yikes:
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 3208
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby banana chewits » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Nivarna wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
banana chewits wrote:you're making me feel very unfit.


Have you tried running? It's very good for CV fitness I hear.

Looking back from the start of the thread to now it's amazing how far I've come in terms of fitness and weight loss. I can run for 60 minutes (at least I should be able to) and sit comfortably within a healthy weight band.

Consistency + effort + time = success.


i'm scared i'd drop my danish pastry if i tried running. i want to be fit & in great condition for minimum effort. got any suggestions?


You could give me half of your Danish :drool:

See half the calories :smilin:

No need for thanks :wubwub:


i'd share with you just for that avvy. :wubbers:
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 3208
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:46 pm

banana chewits wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
banana chewits wrote:you're making me feel very unfit.


Have you tried running? It's very good for CV fitness I hear.

Looking back from the start of the thread to now it's amazing how far I've come in terms of fitness and weight loss. I can run for 60 minutes (at least I should be able to) and sit comfortably within a healthy weight band.

Consistency + effort + time = success.


i'm scared i'd drop my danish pastry if i tried running. i want to be fit & in great condition for minimum effort. got any suggestions?


I suggest you be happy being porky.

Thank me later.


i'll get you for that! :yikes:


How will you do that then?

It's not like you can run and catch me is it...
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 8726
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Troll Central

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby banana chewits » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
banana chewits wrote:
i'll get you for that! :yikes:


How will you do that then?

It's not like you can run and catch me is it...


i hate you. :wubbers:
User avatar
banana chewits
 
Posts: 3208
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:55 am

Completed Week 14 (and the couch to 10k training plan) over the weekend! It's amazing how quickly time has gone and how far I've come (and run.)

Only had time to do 2 sessions last week but both were continuous runs of 60 minutes. It was difficult but still had something left in the tank at the end which is a good sign. My pacing has gotten better over time and I am resisting the temptation to go out too hard at the beginning. Experienced a little soreness and nausea after the sessions but nothing major and to be expected given the ramping up in effort.

Diet remains good and I am still look amaze. The belt of truth fits loosely now (I've had it for well over a decade and if it starts getting tight I know it's because I'm getting porky)

Onwards to the next part of the training plan (which I still have to find...)
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 8726
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Troll Central

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby Niv » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Completed Week 14 (and the couch to 10k training plan) over the weekend! It's amazing how quickly time has gone and how far I've come (and run.)

Only had time to do 2 sessions last week but both were continuous runs of 60 minutes. It was difficult but still had something left in the tank at the end which is a good sign. My pacing has gotten better over time and I am resisting the temptation to go out too hard at the beginning. Experienced a little soreness and nausea after the sessions but nothing major and to be expected given the ramping up in effort.

Diet remains good and I am still look amaze. The belt of truth fits loosely now (I've had it for well over a decade and if it starts getting tight I know it's because I'm getting porky)

Onwards to the next part of the training plan (which I still have to find...)


The pacing is the most important part, especially on the longer runs that you're doing now. Many work to the theory of going for the 'burn'. I'm really pleased that it's going well, and that you're achieving the results.
It's also a huge, huge relief that you have mastered avoiding trams!

Keep going, you're doing great. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Niv
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Nivarna wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Completed Week 14 (and the couch to 10k training plan) over the weekend! It's amazing how quickly time has gone and how far I've come (and run.)

Only had time to do 2 sessions last week but both were continuous runs of 60 minutes. It was difficult but still had something left in the tank at the end which is a good sign. My pacing has gotten better over time and I am resisting the temptation to go out too hard at the beginning. Experienced a little soreness and nausea after the sessions but nothing major and to be expected given the ramping up in effort.

Diet remains good and I am still look amaze. The belt of truth fits loosely now (I've had it for well over a decade and if it starts getting tight I know it's because I'm getting porky)

Onwards to the next part of the training plan (which I still have to find...)


The pacing is the most important part, especially on the longer runs that you're doing now. Many work to the theory of going for the 'burn'. I'm really pleased that it's going well, and that you're achieving the results.
It's also a huge, huge relief that you have mastered avoiding trams!

Keep going, you're doing great. :thumbsup:


Thanks you nutter!

I'm pleased to say since I have been using the bone conduction headphones there have been no tram related incidents.
User avatar
Avon Barksdale
 
Posts: 8726
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm
Location: Troll Central

Re: The Hope I Don't Die Half Marathon Training Thread

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:12 pm

Are you there yet?
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 27425
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests