How are you doing?

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

How are you doing?

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:44 am

At this time my lows are higher than my past highs. Keep your head up, be sure of foot it is a pleasing to meander amongst the clouds. Dive deep into the dark, it would surprise you to see how much light there is. I miss supernova, wana go neutron?
art0hur0moh

Re: How are you doing?

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am

Be well everyone.
art0hur0moh

Postby Nucks » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:14 am

:Hiya:

I’m in a small dilemma, I want to shift one of my small cleaning jobs but I don’t want to insult her or hurt her feelings. I was thinking of telling her I was given the chance at more hours at work but that means I’d have to make sure I was not online when I normally clean for her as we are friends on Facebook. I think my main issue is that she’s not a morning person so she doesn’t want me to come round until 12:30-1:00 ish, at which time she’s often still in bed, so I have to wait for her to get up, let me in, then she needs a fag and a brew and hasn’t thought about what she needs me to tackle that week. I end up waiting sometimes half an hour for to get into gear as it were. I do one and a half hours for a tenner, it’s a hell of a bargain on her part but I just don’t want the obligation anymore. She’s a nice lady otherwise, very funny and smart, but I think she’d be better off getting a professional come in a couple times a month. For £40 she could get someone in twice a month just to help with little things.

I guess I feel bad because I think she enjoys the company as much as the help. If I could convince her to let me start at 10 it would be more doable but I can’t see that happening.
Nucks

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:31 am

Hi ya Nucks : ) sounds like you have become an alarm clock that is put on snooze. Imply you will have trouble arriving after ten. It is convenient for you, any later disrupts your day. The duration and consistency may give the impression she is the one doing you the favor, that may be how it started? And I can understand the helpfull hand given at the time and the loyalty you would have. If that is not the case then it is likely you felt you would be helping her. The question you should probably be asking yourself is, would you visit if money wasn't part of the equasion? With money involved do you think it deminishes a honest relationship? You could both be missing out on a great freindship?
art0hur0moh

Postby Nucks » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:09 am

art0hur0moh wrote:Hi ya Nucks : ) sounds like you have become an alarm clock that is put on snooze. Imply you will have trouble arriving after ten. It is convenient for you, any later disrupts your day. The duration and consistency may give the impression she is the one doing you the favor, that may be how it started? And I can understand the helpfull hand given at the time and the loyalty you would have. If that is not the case then it is likely you felt you would be helping her. The question you should probably be asking yourself is, would you visit if money wasn't part of the equasion? With money involved do you think it deminishes a honest relationship? You could both be missing out on a great freindship?

would you visit if money wasn't part of the equasion? With money involved do you think it deminishes a honest relationship?

That’s a good point, and thank you for pointing it out. I don’t think I would just pop in every week for tea and a chin wag and help change the bedding etc just to be nice, and that probably doesn’t sound nice, but I do housecleaning as a side job so it would feel weird to provide that service regularly for someone and not charge. She’s not a charity case by any means and she probably could afford to pay the going rate. I wonder if I’m trying to convince myself that I want rid of that job for a different reason than inconvenience. :ooer: I do like her but feel like she’s taking the mick a little sometimes. She started bringing up the topic of stripping the wallpaper off in the upstairs bedroom, but that is not what I do. Cleaning and DIY are separate things.

:thud:
Nucks

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Nucks wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:Hi ya Nucks : ) sounds like you have become an alarm clock that is put on snooze. Imply you will have trouble arriving after ten. It is convenient for you, any later disrupts your day. The duration and consistency may give the impression she is the one doing you the favor, that may be how it started? And I can understand the helpfull hand given at the time and the loyalty you would have. If that is not the case then it is likely you felt you would be helping her. The question you should probably be asking yourself is, would you visit if money wasn't part of the equasion? With money involved do you think it deminishes a honest relationship? You could both be missing out on a great freindship?

would you visit if money wasn't part of the equasion? With money involved do you think it deminishes a honest relationship?

That’s a good point, and thank you for pointing it out. I don’t think I would just pop in every week for tea and a chin wag and help change the bedding etc just to be nice, and that probably doesn’t sound nice, but I do housecleaning as a side job so it would feel weird to provide that service regularly for someone and not charge. She’s not a charity case by any means and she probably could afford to pay the going rate. I wonder if I’m trying to convince myself that I want rid of that job for a different reason than inconvenience. :ooer: I do like her but feel like she’s taking the mick a little sometimes. She started bringing up the topic of stripping the wallpaper off in the upstairs bedroom, but that is not what I do. Cleaning and DIY are separate things.

:thud:
Cleaning and DIY are seperate things
Not in the catering industry. Hands have been sliced a few times on nails that shouldn't have been there while I was cleaning the walls. I am having a serious issue with cleaning and organising my home. So tempted to use a match.
art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:54 pm

I'm not doing too bad considering Arty.
I'm adapting more and more to my circumstances and limitations.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:55 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I'm not doing too bad considering Arty.

Any pointers? Was listening to Mr Arnold Schwarzenegger five rules yesterday. An excellent example of a Camel passing through the eye of a needle. Nice one spaceman. How's the music?
art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:47 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:

Any pointers? Was listening to Mr Arnold Schwarzenegger five rules yesterday. An excellent example of a Camel passing through the eye of a needle. Nice one spaceman. How's the music?

I'm a not very well oap but I'm still driving still getting out and about when my knackered back lets me. Music making has slowed right down because sitting here at the desk can get very difficult.
I've tried doing it lying down with a laptop with a synthesizer attached but that isn't easy either. Can't concentrate like that and I end up falling asleep.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

I'm a not very well oap but I'm still driving still getting out and about when my knackered back lets me. Music making has slowed right down because sitting here at the desk can get very difficult.
I've tried doing it lying down with a laptop with a synthesizer attached but that isn't easy either. Can't concentrate like that and I end up falling asleep.

That explains all your crap posts, you're sleep posting

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

That explains all your crap posts, you're sleep posting

You might be onto something there.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

I have acquired an aversion to sitting. Got a stool that has foot a rest. I tend to hook feet behind and under foot rest and support my weight on the back of my thighs often. It helps straighten the back and engage abdominal muscles which are suposed to work in tandum with back muscles. Streching using some specific yoga poses I have found helpfull. If you have injured your back and not used anti biotics you might want to try that? A study I read in the times in 2013, explained how Bacteria from the cheek enters the blood stream. Brushing teeth with nylon brushs can cut the gum line. Natural fibres dont burn or abrade soft tissue as much. How are you with standing for long periods of time?
art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:39 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

I have acquired an aversion to sitting. Got a stool that has foot a rest. I tend to hook feet behind and under foot rest and support my weight on the back of my thighs often. It helps straighten the back and engage abdominal muscles which are suposed to work in tandum with back muscles. Streching using some specific yoga poses I have found helpfull. If you have injured your back and not used anti biotics you might want to try that? A study I read in the times in 2013, explained how Bacteria from the cheek enters the blood stream. Brushing teeth with nylon brushs can cut the gum line. Natural fibres dont burn or abrade soft tissue as much. How are you with standing for long periods of time?

I have tumours on my spinal cord which give me multiple problems. They aint going to kill me cos they're benign but they affect all my nerves below my rib cage.
Some days I bounce out of bed thinking there's nowt wrong with me and always having been very active I start getting active .... slowly. I can't last long. No way round it.
Lots of opium.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:52 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:

I have tumours on my spinal cord which give me multiple problems. They aint going to kill me cos they're benign but they affect all my nerves below my rib cage.
Some days I bounce out of bed thinking there's nowt wrong with me and always having been very active I start getting active .... slowly. I can't last long. No way round it.
Lots of opium.

Oxygen saturation in the blood okay, and do you eat enough salt? I seem to been in an unusual sleeping pattern. From ten till two morning and night? Feel a bit more energy. And better rested. I still manage about seven hours sleep a day.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:37 pm

m adapting more and more to my circumstances and limitations.[/quote]
Any pointers? Was listening to Mr Arnold Schwarzenegger five rules yesterday. An excellent example of a Camel passing through the eye of a needle. Nice one spaceman. How's the music?[/quote]
I've tried doing it lying down with a laptop with a synthesizer attached but that isn't easy either. Can't concentrate like that and I end up falling asleep.[/quote]
I have acquired an aversion to sitting. Got a stool that has foot a rest. I tend to hook feet behind and under foot rest and support my weight on the back of my thighs often. It helps straighten the back and engage abdominal muscles which are suposed to work in tandum with back muscles. Streching using some specific yoga poses I have found helpfull. If you have injured your back and not used anti biotics you might want to try that? A study I read in the times in 2013, explained how Bacteria from the cheek enters the blood stream. Brushing teeth with nylon brushs can cut the gum line. Natural fibres dont burn or abrade soft tissue as much. How are you with standing for long periods of time?[/quote]

Lots of opium.[/quote]
chronic pain is about the only reason I would take opium. got quite a bit of nerve damage Myself. it can be an effort to stop thinking about it and getting comfortable is a labour in itself. Ever considered listening to theta while stating positive affirmations?
art0hur0moh

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug