Our mortal coil

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Our mortal coil

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:52 am

I recall a biblical quote I miss represented many years ago. "let the dead take care of the dead, and Living take care of the Living." I never know who to comfort anyone sometimes Words are helpful, other times the fewer the better. My error in the above quote was I forgot about the second part of the quote. And for many years I was under the impression that it seemed a bit to heartless. a decade later after Childrens grandmother ventured to the other realm, I remembered the rest of the quote.
art0hur0moh

Re: Our mortal coil

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:39 pm

daughter phoned Me, she tells me there are bunch of flashing lights down the street. I look out My window and can't See a thing, but am asked to go investigate. as I get closer I start to count the Police cars. five and an Ambulance and two more cars blocking the road further up. I met with one of My former Publicans at the corner and learn that a lorry collided with a young Boy out on the ran dan. so I was instructed to relay My findings when I returned. while on the phone I thought of asking how the wee Yin knew. facebook, so it wasn't even the wee Yin who wanted to know :grrrrr: simply being there I found distressing.
art0hur0moh

Postby Niv » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:22 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:daughter phoned Me, she tells me there are bunch of flashing lights down the street. I look out My window and can't See a thing, but am asked to go investigate. as I get closer I start to count the Police cars. five and an Ambulance and two more cars blocking the road further up. I met with one of My former Publicans at the corner and learn that a lorry collided with a young Boy out on the ran dan. so I was instructed to relay My findings when I returned. while on the phone I thought of asking how the wee Yin knew. facebook, so it wasn't even the wee Yin who wanted to know :grrrrr: simply being there I found distressing.

It sounds distressing Art :shake head:
Niv

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:24 pm

Nivana wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:daughter phoned Me, she tells me there are bunch of flashing lights down the street. I look out My window and can't See a thing, but am asked to go investigate. as I get closer I start to count the Police cars. five and an Ambulance and two more cars blocking the road further up. I met with one of My former Publicans at the corner and learn that a lorry collided with a young Boy out on the ran dan. so I was instructed to relay My findings when I returned. while on the phone I thought of asking how the wee Yin knew. facebook, so it wasn't even the wee Yin who wanted to know :grrrrr: simply being there I found distressing.

It sounds distressing Art :shake head:
I am a bit surprised that it did effect Me so much? I was visibly upset at locus having only been present for a few minuets before I felt the need to leave?

My Sons Friends Brother! after My investigation Son and His Freinds investigated, then they Heard the piercing cries of Their Freind. 15 years old, ribs crushed and spine damage. I was told earlier today. fkn alcoholism is the single substance that I can say with absolute certainty has caused Me more distress than any other issue in the World today. In febuary a Girl My Son knows was walking back from a town 3 miles away. She was drunk and got killed by a sober driver, (20mph where ever there are pedestrians, 10 preferably, and get rid of traffic controls, pedestrians have right of way [just a wee rant]) though in this case it was a country road, 40 mph in poor conditions is safe enough for the driver.

no pavement, so walking on a public right of way that drivers seem to think belongs to them is not uncommon around these parts. at night with no bright clothes or reflective patches She was murdered by the state, for not providing safe passage for pedestrians. a town that was the boarder between two trading districts and a link in 6 directions for centuries (romans even occupied this area for a short time when they where building the antonine wall). excuse the divergence from the Girl being killed, three months later Her Dad committed suicide. i am a big one for People choosing their fate, as adults feeling the need to escape, that is Their choice.

I have felt the negative effects of alcoholism since I was adopted and most My life since in one way or another. who knows, may have even been abused in care during 7 months prior to adoption (that thing is still common in south africa today, it will take a generation or two to eradicate it from the racial memory of the people, a lot longer from the genetic memory. Generally baby Girls and up are the subject of abuse, maybe I witnessed something happen)? I rely hope the governments new program providing the life escapists a safe place to indulge their poison works. I think it will so long as there is no obligations imposed limiting People opportunity to satisfy their cravings.

cheers for the considerate thought Nirvana. have an excellent end of the weekend : )
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:37 pm

after I felt the need for company so did something I forgot I used to do whenever I went out. I dressed up. after two ales and a dram I was sorted. then it was closing time. considered opening a bottle of wine, I wasn't to drunk for a mix to have to severe an effect on Me, but I just can't enjoy drinking in My own company. It actully feels like I am dieing (oh fk off stupid spl checker, four attempts :grrrrr: ) anytime I have done it in the past.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:17 am

Paul Flynn mp. had a conversation with him about treason after He was expelled for calling David Cameron a lier.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:14 am

:burfday: there are no other candles as far as I know?
art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:37 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:after I felt the need for company so did something I forgot I used to do whenever I went out. I dressed up. after two ales and a dram I was sorted. then it was closing time. considered opening a bottle of wine, I wasn't to drunk for a mix to have to severe an effect on Me, but I just can't enjoy drinking in My own company. It actually feels like I am dieing (oh fk off stupid spl checker, four attempts :grrrrr: ) anytime I have done it in the past.

I like myself enough to enjoy having a few drinks in my company. :cool:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:after I felt the need for company so did something I forgot I used to do whenever I went out. I dressed up. after two ales and a dram I was sorted. then it was closing time. considered opening a bottle of wine, I wasn't to drunk for a mix to have to severe an effect on Me, but I just can't enjoy drinking in My own company. It actually feels like I am dieing (oh fk off stupid spl checker, four attempts :grrrrr: ) anytime I have done it in the past.

I can dring two pints and be content, four I bounce a bit and it can become quite entertaining. in my own company, I need at least 4 times that volume to even be slightly tipsy.
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon May 13, 2019 1:44 pm

art0hur0moh

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

. in my own company, I need at least 4 times that volume to even be slightly tipsy.

I'm the same .... isn't it weird.
We are taking in a poison that alters our mood and physical capabilities but that poison isn't as powerful if we are alone .... very strange.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Mon May 13, 2019 8:14 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

I can dring two pints and be content, four I bounce a bit and it can become quite entertaining. in my own company, I need at least 4 times that volume to even be slightly tipsy.

I'm the opposite. Drinking In other people's company makes me hyper alert because they are drinking too. So I stay sober!

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Guest wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

I'm the opposite. Drinking In other people's company makes me hyper alert because they are drinking too. So I stay sober!

Well it's an eve weirder fucking poison then for us weird fucking people!
Tell you what ..... :more beer:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:35 am

art0hur0moh wrote:I recall a biblical quote I miss represented many years ago. "let the dead take care of the dead, and Living take care of the Living." I never know who to comfort anyone sometimes Words are helpful, other times the fewer the better. My error in the above quote was I forgot about the second part of the quote. And for many years I was under the impression that it seemed a bit to heartless. a decade later after Childrens grandmother ventured to the other realm, I remembered the rest of the quote.

Jesus said that in response to the man who was making excuses to not follow Him.In the correct translation the phrase that he (the excuse making man) was burying his father didnt mean that it was just that very day.The expression was an old one and meant that he was 'taking care of' his father...and that the burial part was likely somewhere in the not near future.

letting the dead bury the dead was a reference to those spiritually dead. The time was 'now' to follow Jesus...the living referred to those alive in the faith.
This expression in no way meant to abandon or disrespect the mans elderly or sick father.
calitom

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:07 pm

calitom wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:I recall a biblical quote I miss represented many years ago. "let the dead take care of the dead, and Living take care of the Living." I never know who to comfort anyone sometimes Words are helpful, other times the fewer the better. My error in the above quote was I forgot about the second part of the quote. And for many years I was under the impression that it seemed a bit to heartless. a decade later after Childrens grandmother ventured to the other realm, I remembered the rest of the quote.

Jesus said that in response to the man who was making excuses to not follow Him.In the correct translation the phrase that he (the excuse making man) was burying his father didnt mean that it was just that very day.The expression was an old one and meant that he was 'taking care of' his father...and that the burial part was likely somewhere in the not near future.

letting the dead bury the dead was a reference to those spiritually dead. The time was 'now' to follow Jesus...the living referred to those alive in the faith.
This expression in no way meant to abandon or disrespect the mans elderly or sick father.

I take the the teachings of the elders a bit more litteraly. they where smart enough to know that People and time create situations where information is lost or distorted. though You have reminded Me that the quote was in relation to a certain event and context. sounds like Your explination is little more than repentence?
art0hur0moh

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug