skins

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

skins

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:45 am

emndy got some?
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: skins

Postby Abs » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:44 am

art0hur0moh wrote:emndy got some?


Potato skins, onion skins? :mrgreen:
User avatar
Abs
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

Re: skins

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:22 pm

Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:emndy got some?


Potato skins, onion skins? :mrgreen:

all cool found the times from 2013, I saved for such occasions. soaking the paper before sparking makes sense. that's a reference to classic westerns where You see a dude on a horse soaking the paper, in case You where wondering the reason for the passing thought.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: skins

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:35 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:emndy got some?


Potato skins, onion skins? :mrgreen:

all cool found the times from 2013, I saved for such occasions. soaking the paper before sparking makes sense. that's a reference to classic westerns where You see a dude on a horse soaking the paper, in case You where wondering the reason for the passing thought.

Won't it be a bit soggy?
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 7272
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: skins

Postby Gabby » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Skin is the largest organ of the body! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Gabby
 
Posts: 18249
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: skins

Postby Abs » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:27 am

Gabby wrote:Skin is the largest organ of the body! :mrgreen:



Ha ha Gabby
User avatar
Abs
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

Re: skins

Postby Abs » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:28 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:emndy got some?


Potato skins, onion skins? :mrgreen:

all cool found the times from 2013, I saved for such occasions. soaking the paper before sparking makes sense. that's a reference to classic westerns where You see a dude on a horse soaking the paper, in case You were wondering the reason for the passing thought.


I was wondering.
User avatar
Abs
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

Re: skins

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:50 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:emndy got some?


Potato skins, onion skins? :mrgreen:

all cool found the times from 2013, I saved for such occasions. soaking the paper before sparking makes sense. that's a reference to classic westerns where You see a dude on a horse soaking the paper, in case You where wondering the reason for the passing thought.

Won't it be a bit soggy?

it is the starch in the paper that stop it from unraveling.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: skins

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:55 am

Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:emndy got some?


Potato skins, onion skins? :mrgreen:

all cool found the times from 2013, I saved for such occasions. soaking the paper before sparking makes sense. that's a reference to classic westerns where You see a dude on a horse soaking the paper, in case You were wondering the reason for the passing thought.


I was wondering.

always wanted to do the one-handed roll. sort of place paper on the thigh, put tobacco in lick palm and roll over paper and tobacco on the thigh. life treating You well atm Abs? You seem to have a bit more spark of late?
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: skins

Postby Abs » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:33 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:emndy got some?


Potato skins, onion skins? :mrgreen:

all cool found the times from 2013, I saved for such occasions. soaking the paper before sparking makes sense. that's a reference to classic westerns where You see a dude on a horse soaking the paper, in case You were wondering the reason for the passing thought.


I was wondering.

always wanted to do the one-handed roll. sort of place paper on the thigh, put tobacco in lick palm and roll over paper and tobacco on the thigh. life treating You well atm Abs? You seem to have a bit more spark of late?


Oh ok now I see. No life is still crappy it will be until I die, then it will be good. A bit more spark eh. Just a few good moments now and then. Some distraction. Thanks for asking.
User avatar
Abs
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

Re: skins

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:30 am

Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
Potato skins, onion skins? :mrgreen:

all cool found the times from 2013, I saved for such occasions. soaking the paper before sparking makes sense. that's a reference to classic westerns where You see a dude on a horse soaking the paper, in case You were wondering the reason for the passing thought.


I was wondering.

always wanted to do the one-handed roll. sort of place paper on the thigh, put tobacco in lick palm and roll over paper and tobacco on the thigh. life treating You well atm Abs? You seem to have a bit more spark of late?


Oh ok now I see. No life is still crappy it will be until I die, then it will be good. A bit more spark eh. Just a few good moments now and then. Some distraction. Thanks for asking.

sorry I haven't responded sooner. there really isn't anything I can say. but a do have an idea. Son came to Me a few weeks ago. Dad there is going to be a fight and there is a probability knives will be involved. obviously, I told Him I want Him to stay. He made His decision, He is very Loyal when it comes to His relationships with others and defends them vehemently. gave His sister a Hug and a Kiss, Me a Hug and ventured forth to His fate. I have told Him before that if the fight goes to ground and one of You are fatally wounded due to a piece of glass slash the artery in the neck. make sure what You are fighting for You are willing to die for. not a pleasant feeling. though I did refrain from building elaborate scenarios of the worst case. what happens, happens and the only thing that can be done is be patient and wait for the events to unfold as they must. it is a choice! I don't recall asking how long ago. and who was it that is Your comrade in sorrow again, sorry I can't remember who. budgie?
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: skins

Postby art0hur0moh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:39 am

Gabby wrote:Skin is the largest organ of the body! :mrgreen:

I know there is a joke in there somewhere, I can feel it just bursting to get out? na, it is eluding Me still. I get the feeling it is a joke I have heard before? if it is one I have heard before, the probability of it being plutonic in nature, will be radically reduced?
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: skins

Postby Abs » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:32 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:all cool found the times from 2013, I saved for such occasions. soaking the paper before sparking makes sense. that's a reference to classic westerns where You see a dude on a horse soaking the paper, in case You were wondering the reason for the passing thought.


I was wondering.

always wanted to do the one-handed roll. sort of place paper on the thigh, put tobacco in lick palm and roll over paper and tobacco on the thigh. life treating You well atm Abs? You seem to have a bit more spark of late?


Oh ok now I see. No life is still crappy it will be until I die, then it will be good. A bit more spark eh. Just a few good moments now and then. Some distraction. Thanks for asking.


sorry I haven't responded sooner. there really isn't anything I can say. but a do have an idea. Son came to Me a few weeks ago. Dad there is going to be a fight and there is a probability knives will be involved. obviously, I told Him I want Him to stay. He made His decision, He is very Loyal when it comes to His relationships with others and defends them vehemently. gave His sister a Hug and a Kiss, Me a Hug and ventured forth to His fate. I have told Him before that if the fight goes to ground and one of You are fatally wounded due to a piece of glass slash the artery in the neck. make sure what You are fighting for You are willing to die for. not a pleasant feeling. though I did refrain from building elaborate scenarios of the worst case. what happens, happens and the only thing that can be done is be patient and wait for the events to unfold as they must. it is a choice! I don't recall asking how long ago. and who was it that is Your comrade in sorrow again, sorry I can't remember who. budgie?


Wow, that must have been hard waiting for your son to come home. I would have been in pieces. I'm not sure what you meant about the last part and I don't really know budgie, I know who he is but we haven't really talked. What I was referring to when I responded to your question about life treating me well, was about how I can't get past losing my son, so my life will be crappy until I die. So I can be with him again. It will be 2 years next month.
User avatar
Abs
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

Re: skins

Postby art0hur0moh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:22 am

Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Abs wrote:
I was wondering.

always wanted to do the one-handed roll. sort of place paper on the thigh, put tobacco in lick palm and roll over paper and tobacco on the thigh. life treating You well atm Abs? You seem to have a bit more spark of late?


Oh ok now I see. No life is still crappy it will be until I die, then it will be good. A bit more spark eh. Just a few good moments now and then. Some distraction. Thanks for asking.


sorry I haven't responded sooner. there really isn't anything I can say. but a do have an idea. Son came to Me a few weeks ago. Dad there is going to be a fight and there is a probability knives will be involved. obviously, I told Him I want Him to stay. He made His decision, He is very Loyal when it comes to His relationships with others and defends them vehemently. gave His sister a Hug and a Kiss, Me a Hug and ventured forth to His fate. I have told Him before that if the fight goes to ground and one of You are fatally wounded due to a piece of glass slash the artery in the neck. make sure what You are fighting for You are willing to die for. not a pleasant feeling. though I did refrain from building elaborate scenarios of the worst case. what happens, happens and the only thing that can be done is be patient and wait for the events to unfold as they must. it is a choice! I don't recall asking how long ago. and who was it that is Your comrade in sorrow again, sorry I can't remember who. budgie?


Wow, that must have been hard waiting for your son to come home. I would have been in pieces. I'm not sure what you meant about the last part and I don't really know budgie, I know who he is but we haven't really talked. What I was referring to when I responded to your question about life treating me well, was about how I can't get past losing my son, so my life will be crappy until I die. So I can be with him again. It will be 2 years next month.
if I recall correctly? wasn't it on holiday (could be the other Person I am thinking of)?

it was last year a thread where another of our dogs comrades had a comparable experience. I am sure Gabby will know, in fact I am confident She will remember?! a close family Friend and the reason I was in australia second oldest Son used carbon monoxide after a heated family argument. His Mum just couldn't settle, always doing something trying to distract Hers Self. that easily ten years after the event, I think after 15 years She finally started to deal with Her grief. as You say dealing with the loss is a completely different matter. if You don't mind Me asking (I think again) any other children or Partners support at the time or currently? was there anything You didn't want from People or on reflection You should have taken up some offer of support? I actually regard the familiy more as family! Their Dad has been the strongest Male influence in My Life, since and slightly before My Parents divorce, It was His Wife who suggested My Christian name.
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 am

Re: skins

Postby Abs » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:53 am

Yes, now that you mention it there was someone else, that said they were going through the same thing. I have memory problems so I'm not sure. Dealing with the loss of your child is horrendous and different for each mother. But when you have lost both your children it's even worse.

Then there's the fact that losing your child is almost the hardest thing that could happen to you with the exception of the most hardest thing, which is losing your child to suicide. It's what makes this so much harder and no I didn't have any support really. I was a single parent.
User avatar
Abs
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:01 am

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests