Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Literary Corner

Postby drum » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:06 pm

Ive just downloaded a sample of that. Kindle at 4% :roll:
drum

Postby Stooo » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:10 pm

Saw it being discussed on Twitter and checked it out on Amazon (they do a preview too), I stopped reading after a minute because I didn't want to spoil it :gigglesnshit: It's a tenner in paperback (£14 RRP) and it's resting to look at paper instead of a screen sometimes.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby drum » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:16 pm

Stooo wrote:Saw it being discussed on Twitter and checked it out on Amazon (they do a preview too), I stopped reading after a minute because I didn't want to spoil it :gigglesnshit: It's a tenner in paperback (£14 RRP) and it's resting to look at paper instead of a screen sometimes.

I still buy a lot of paper books, I forget what type i'm reading sometimes and away to my bed thinking it's the kindle... a book :pmsl: Ive got a clamp thingy that holds the kindle, lifting my finger up to turn the page can get annoying. I'll have a wee look in a while.
drum

Postby Stooo » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:29 pm

drum wrote:
Stooo wrote:Saw it being discussed on Twitter and checked it out on Amazon (they do a preview too), I stopped reading after a minute because I didn't want to spoil it :gigglesnshit: It's a tenner in paperback (£14 RRP) and it's resting to look at paper instead of a screen sometimes.

I still buy a lot of paper books, I forget what type i'm reading sometimes and away to my bed thinking it's the kindle... a book :pmsl: Ive got a clamp thingy that holds the kindle, lifting my finger up to turn the page can get annoying. I'll have a wee look in a while.

I've swiped on a book too :oops: I've got a small stand called a plinth for my tablet, I just use the Kindle app because I'm not posh :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Page 23 is a bit of a mindfuck. Strategies used to get simple village Afghan people to support Al Queda were used in recent elections and refs in the UK and USA. :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby drum » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:26 pm

I ended up buying this.
I've skipped to Part 1
I'll get back to you once Ive read it.
drum

Postby Stooo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:35 pm

drum wrote:I ended up buying this.
I've skipped to Part 1
I'll get back to you once Ive read it.

You need to read the preface in full otherwise the end of part one will have you flicking back :wink:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:12 pm

Next on the list after this review, the first book was horrifying and compulsive and I'm looking forward to this one being similar.

The Secret Barrister exposes how political and media charlatans have vandalised the rule of law

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/maga ... ook-review
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby drum » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:33 pm

I need a week away, in a wee bothy with just a few candles so I can get these books read..
drum

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:38 pm

drum wrote:I need a week away, in a wee bothy with just a few candles so I can get these books read..

I can lend you the first book if you like.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby drum » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:50 pm

Stooo wrote:
drum wrote:I need a week away, in a wee bothy with just a few candles so I can get these books read..

Aw thankyou :wubbers: but I'll leave it for now as I don't know when you'd get it back, I'll chib the daughters for one each for my birthday :mrgreen:
drum

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:57 pm

drum wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Aw thankyou :wubbers: but I'll leave it for now as I don't know when you'd get it back, I'll chib the daughters for one each for my birthday :mrgreen:

Good plan :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:13 pm

What’s a bothy? :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby drum » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:16 pm

Gabby wrote:

Its a basic shelter in deep dark places, usually an old house or shed that nobody lives in anymore except weary travelers stopping for a rest overnight. There's a few around Scotland. no electric or water or toilets (take a shovel) lol
drum

Postby Gabby » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:19 pm

drum wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Its a basic shelter in deep dark places, usually an old house or shed that nobody lives in anymore except weary travelers stopping for a rest overnight. There's a few around Scotland. no electric or water or toilets (take a shovel) lol

Aah right, cheers :thumbsup: ... I need a bothy in my life! :wubwub:
Gabby

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug