Literary Corner

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Literary Corner

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:19 pm

The Butchers Hook by Janet Ellis.

Gruesome.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 15921
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Literary Corner

Postby Vicky » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:52 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:The Butchers Hook by Janet Ellis.

Gruesome.


I looked that up on Amazon after i read your post, it sounds really good.
If Brains Were Dynamite..You Wouldn't Have Enough To Blow Your Hat Off.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 62430
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Literary Corner

Postby malamute » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Victoria wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:The Butchers Hook by Janet Ellis.

Gruesome.


I looked that up on Amazon after i read your post, it sounds really good.


I'll take a look too. :smilin: HAs anybody mentioned The Taxidermists Daughter. I read that because a friend recommended it and wasn't that excited about it.

I love it when I read a book and can't put it down and don't want it to end ..... but that doesn't happen very often these days. I remember reading Stephen King and Dennis Wheatley books and feeling like that.
User avatar
malamute
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Literary Corner

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:24 am

Victoria wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:The Butchers Hook by Janet Ellis.

Gruesome.


I looked that up on Amazon after i read your post, it sounds really good.


It was, left me a bit cold at times though, so be prepared for that. I don't like getting spoilers myself so I won't give anything away, enjoy it if you get it. I certainly did.
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 15921
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Literary Corner

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:13 am

I'm tempted to read "Supergenes" after seeing this quote:
"You are not simply the sum output of your genome," write Deepak Chopra and Rudy Tanzi, Director of the Genetics and Aging Research Unit at Massachusetts General Hospital. "You are the user and inventor of your genome." ..
User avatar
Lady Murasaki
 
Posts: 15921
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Literary Corner

Postby Vicky » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:52 pm

I'm half way through "Poppet" by Mo Hayder.

It's very good and very creepy.

(I knew it was going to be creepy from the cover)

Image

Sargent Phoebe "Flea" Marley is seriously doing my head in and has been for the last few books.

I hope she isn't in the next book in the series "Wolf"
If Brains Were Dynamite..You Wouldn't Have Enough To Blow Your Hat Off.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 62430
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Literary Corner

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:28 pm

User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 75313
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: Literary Corner

Postby malamute » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:36 pm

I've just finished The Speckled People by Hugo Hamilton and enjoyed it.
User avatar
malamute
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Literary Corner

Postby Keyser » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:37 pm

malamute wrote:I've just finished The Speckled People by Hugo Hamilton and enjoyed it.


Just reading through this atm.

Brilliant stuff - I have always enjoyed the Lovecraft mythos. :cuppaT:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Necronomicon-W ... cronomicon
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Literary Corner

Postby PinkSmurf » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:26 am

I just started White Trash by John King, author of The Football Factory that was made into a film. It's got me hooked from the first page. I've read a few of his books and I've met him. He is a nice bloke.
INFIDEL & PROUD. #White Lives Matter
User avatar
PinkSmurf
 
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Literary Corner

Postby Keyser » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:28 am

PinkSmurf wrote:I just started White Trash by John King, author of The Football Factory that was made into a film. It's got me hooked from the first page. I've read a few of his books and I've met him. He is a nice bloke.


Don't talk about the Philth like that Pink - it shows a lack of respect! :canny:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Literary Corner

Postby PinkSmurf » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:32 am

Keyser wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:I just started White Trash by John King, author of The Football Factory that was made into a film. It's got me hooked from the first page. I've read a few of his books and I've met him. He is a nice bloke.


Don't talk about the Philth like that Pink - it shows a lack of respect! :canny:

Nah, he wouldn't be allowed in this book! Not classy enough lol.
INFIDEL & PROUD. #White Lives Matter
User avatar
PinkSmurf
 
Posts: 2065
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:14 am
Location: London

Re: Literary Corner

Postby Keyser » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:35 am

PinkSmurf wrote:
Keyser wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:I just started White Trash by John King, author of The Football Factory that was made into a film. It's got me hooked from the first page. I've read a few of his books and I've met him. He is a nice bloke.


Don't talk about the Philth like that Pink - it shows a lack of respect! :canny:

Nah, he wouldn't be allowed in this book! Not classy enough lol.


:ooer:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/46 ... 2xnOp.jpeg
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Re: Literary Corner

Postby Vicky » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Image

This book looks really good and I'm just about to start reading it.

Nearly 700 pages, so it might take me a while.

Actually!!

I saw this on Thursday and asked my brother to order it for me because he has Amazon Prime and that means next day delivery.

What does he do?

He has it sent to his house instead of mine!!

Never mind he dropped it off yesterday.
If Brains Were Dynamite..You Wouldn't Have Enough To Blow Your Hat Off.
User avatar
Vicky
Site Admin
 
Posts: 62430
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Ibrox Stadium, Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Re: Literary Corner

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:19 am

Mastery by Robert Greene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFpkqLI ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--zxqjhOkBo

ॐpanem et circensesॐsequere pecuniamॐRem tene; verba sequenturॐSUI GENERISॐ
User avatar
art0hur0moh
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:15 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests