Literary Corner

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Literary Corner

Postby Vicky » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:18 pm

I've started reading this book and it give a glimpse into Sara Payne's life in the seventeen years since her eight year old daughter Sarah was murdered .

She's a very brave woman Sara Payne and i imagine a lot of people wouldn't have been able to cope will everything she's been through.

Losing her mum and brother close together, Sarah's dad drinking himself to death and Sara suffering a stroke.

Her love for Sarah and her other four children (She had another daughter a couple of years after Sarah died) comes shining through and so does her determination to change the law and allow people to know if a peadophile lives near them.
Vicky

Postby Major » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:39 pm

When this tragedy occurred some badges were made with her face on them, I pinned one on my shooting vest, sometimes it is on my cap, it is still there today.

I do not wanna read the book as I feel so upset/ angry about the poor little soul even today.
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:15 pm

Major Starbold wrote:When this tragedy occurred some badges were made with her face on them, I pinned one on my shooting vest, sometimes it is on my cap, it is still there today.

I do not wanna read the book as I feel so upset/ angry about the poor little soul even today.

I would not have thought that a "Shooting Vest" was the best place to pin a picture of a murdered school girl,
Rather poor taste IMO

Postby malamute » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:26 pm

I've just read two thrillers by Angela Marsons who was recommended to me by a few people. They were OK but nothing special. One was called Lost Girls and I think the other was called Silent Scream.
malamute

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:59 pm

I'm half way through this book and it's excellent.

Annie has turned her serial killer mother into the police and is waiting to give evidence, but living with a new identity and guilt over her mother's crimes aren't easy...
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:05 pm

I'm reading this book at the moment and it's awful good.

Its loosely based on a true story.

A woman's two children have been murdered and because she doesn't behaving the way the police think a grieving mother should behave, they reckon she must have killed then.

She's devastated by what's happened, but she's keeping her tears for when she's at home.

The police don't know about that and just think she's a hard faced bitch.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Little Deaths is based on Alice Crimmins, who was charged with killing her son and daughter in 1965 in New York.

Alice Crimmins was convicted for killing her children, but had he conviction overturned on appeal.

Edmund Crimmins with his son Eddie and daughter Missy, who Ruth was accused of killing.

Alice Crimmins.

http://hazlitt.net/longreads/why-cant-you-behave-revisiting-case-alice-crimmins
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 am

I mentioned a couple of days ago, I was reading a book called "Too Pretty To Live" in which a young couple were murdered after they unfriended a woman on Facebook.

Jenelle Potter was getting death threats, threatened with rape and God knows, what else online and it was Billie Payne and Billy Jean Hayworth and their friends who were doing it.

Well after Billie and Billy Jean were shot dead an investigation was launched and it was discovered Jenelle Potter was sending the threats to herself.

Her father shot dead two people (One with a tiny baby in her arms) because his deranged daughter was angry, Billie Payne was in a relationship with someone.

Jenelle Potter's mother was in it up to her neck as well and is one frighting woman.

She didn't mind her eldest daughter Christie being murdered as long as the body wasn't hidden, so she could collect the life insurance.

I'll be very cautious, who I accept a friends request from now on.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 am

52fc9ecaaea78603e3e6e772c717f792-jpg.jpg

Barbara and Jenelle Potter.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:24 am

Couple-killed-after-Facebook-defriending.jpg
Billie Payne and Billy Jean Hayworth and their baby Tyler.

Tyler is being brought up by his maternal Gran.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 am

I'm nearly finished reading this book about the murder of Colette Aram.

Colette was only sixteen when she was raped and murdered in 1983 and her killer evaded justice for more than twenty-six years.

Advances in DNA helped the police get a partial profile of her killer, but he wasn't on the national database.

However a close match turned up when a man was arrested for a driving offence, the problem was, he was born five years after the murder.

The police obviously ruled him out and focused on four of his close male relatives.

His father and his father's three brothers.

His father's DNA was a perfect match and eventually he plead guilty to the crime.

He killed himself in prison ten months after he was convicted.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:55 am

Paul Hutchinson was the man who killed Colette and during the time from her murder to his conviction, he carried on with his life without a care in the world.

He got married and had four children and carried on living not far from Colette's family.

He doesn't seem to have ever shown any kind of remorse at anytime.

Vicky

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Just read Cured the autobiography of Cure drummer Lol Tolhurst, unfortunately he writes like a drummer, got kicked out of the band for being an alcoholic then sued, bit of a knob TBH, always ruined Cure photos with his permed mullet.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Vicky » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:34 pm

I'm reading this book just now and it's shocking and incredibly sad.

Eight young women were murdered in London in 1964-1965 and their killer was never caught.

He was nicknamed "Jack The Stripper" because he used to take their clothes off after he had killed them.

The lives of these women make for very sad reading, but because they were prostitutes nobody cared.

A reporter described them as "Cheap Little Tarts" and "Scrubbers" amongst other things, no they were someone's daughter, mother and friend and it's a disgrace they never got justice.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:32 am

I'm reading this book about Christopher Halliwell.

I'm only half way through it, but i've been doing my nosey online and discovered the policeman in charge of the investigation, later resigned after he failed to follow arrest guidelines.

Halliewell lead Steve Fulcher to the body of Sian O'Callaghan and said to the policeman "Do you want another one"

So he lead him to the body of a 22 year old girl, he'd murdered eight years earlier.

It seems Steve Fulcher should have charged him with Sian's murder and taking him back to the station.

But as Steve Fulcher said "If I had done that, Becky Godden might never have been found"

Christopher Halliwell was found guilty of both murders and his now serving a whole life-tariff.
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug