Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Literary Corner

Postby MG2 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Claire wrote:
MG2 wrote:
Claire wrote:
Bella wrote:
MG2 wrote:@Bella, I've finished Eleanor Oliphant and I miss her. Lovely book.

Have just started The Crime Trade by Simon Kernick, not sure about it yet. It's about drug crime lords and the sting that's gone wrong in London. Not really my favourite subject material but highly recommended so thought I would give it a go.

Yes, I missed her too, eccentric and very interesting, endearing character, looks like a film is coming with Reece Weatherperson...
I loved Eleanor Oliphant and was sad when I finished it.

If anyone likes mystery/psycological/detective stuff, try Harlan Coben. I share my Kindle Library with a friend and she had one of his books called " The Woods". I read it when I had run out of my own stuff (she loves vampire, zombie stuff and I don't so I had pre judged it) - I have now bought every book he has written :gigglesnshit: So good!

Also "We need to talk about Kevin" is an amazing book.

The Woods was really good, I've read a fair few Coben and he hasn't disappointed.

I saw you were going to look up Jo Nesbo, his latest The Thirst I thought was his best.

Belinda Bauer is a brilliant author of thrillers too. Rubbernecker is a good place to start. I'm currently reading her Darkside. Her characterisations are very believable

Thanks for the recomendations :thumbsup:

Have you read Nicci French "Frieda Klein" series? They're really good. Great cast of characters. I have the final one on pre order.

Sorry, I missed this. I love the Nicci French duo and have read a couple out of sequence. I should grab them all and try in the right order.

@Malumute, is that Karin Slaughter a stand alone? I enjoyed one of hers I read but it was a mid serial so I was a little lost with some of the relationships.
MG2

Postby malamute » Wed May 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Yes, I missed her too, eccentric and very interesting, endearing character, looks like a film is coming with Reece Weatherperson...[/quote] I loved Eleanor Oliphant and was sad when I finished it.

If anyone likes mystery/psycological/detective stuff, try Harlan Coben. I share my Kindle Library with a friend and she had one of his books called " The Woods". I read it when I had run out of my own stuff (she loves vampire, zombie stuff and I don't so I had pre judged it) - I have now bought every book he has written :gigglesnshit: So good!

Also "We need to talk about Kevin" is an amazing book.[/quote]

The Woods was really good, I've read a fair few Coben and he hasn't disappointed.

I saw you were going to look up Jo Nesbo, his latest The Thirst I thought was his best.

Belinda Bauer is a brilliant author of thrillers too. Rubbernecker is a good place to start. I'm currently reading her Darkside. Her characterisations are very believable[/quote]

Have you read Nicci French "Frieda Klein" series? They're really good. Great cast of characters. I have the final one on pre order.[/quote]

Sorry, I missed this. I love the Nicci French duo and have read a couple out of sequence. I should grab them all and try in the right order.

@Malumute, is that Karin Slaughter a stand alone? I enjoyed one of hers I read but it was a mid serial so I was a little lost with some of the relationships.[/quote]

I believe the Karin Slaughter IS a stand alone. It was on the bestsellers stand in Tesco. £4.
malamute

Postby MG2 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:50 pm

malamute wrote:Yes, I missed her too, eccentric and very interesting, endearing character, looks like a film is coming with Reece Weatherperson...
I loved Eleanor Oliphant and was sad when I finished it.

Also "We need to talk about Kevin" is an amazing book.[/quote]

Belinda Bauer is a brilliant author of thrillers too. Rubbernecker is a good place to start. I'm currently reading her Darkside. Her characterisations are very believable[/quote]

Have you read Nicci French "Frieda Klein" series? They're really good. Great cast of characters. I have the final one on pre order.[/quote]

@Malumute, is that Karin Slaughter a stand alone? I enjoyed one of hers I read but it was a mid serial so I was a little lost with some of the relationships.[/quote]

I believe the Karin Slaughter IS a stand alone. It was on the bestsellers stand in Tesco. £4.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip
MG2

Postby Claire » Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm

MG, start with Blue Monday. They are really great. :thumbsup:
Claire

Postby MG2 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:07 am

Claire wrote:MG, start with Blue Monday. They are really great. :thumbsup:

Will do, Claire, thanks.
MG2

Postby malamute » Tue May 22, 2018 8:16 am

Currently reading “Watching Edie” by Camilla Way. Its a psychological suspense story about two girls who are quite different. Something dreadful happens in their teens and 16 years later one of them turns up and is stalking the other.
malamute

Postby MG2 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:20 pm

malamute wrote:Currently reading “Watching Edie” by Camilla Way. Its a psychological suspense story about two girls who are quite different. Something dreadful happens in their teens and 16 years later one of them turns up and is stalking the other.

Sounds interesting!

Finished the Belinda Bauer book and it was really good but the ending was a little meh.

Now reading My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout. A slim book but meaty read about the relationship between mother and daughter. Highly recommended.
MG2

Postby MG2 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:44 am

I ran out of fiction books so started to read Bedlam about the Asylum. It's really fascinating.

Got to the library and have The Zookeepers Wife. Good so far. Now I am reading two books and I'm not sure I enjoy the experience as much as one at a time.
MG2

Postby Dimples » Mon May 28, 2018 11:46 am

MG2 wrote:I ran out of fiction books so started to read Bedlam about the Asylum. It's really fascinating.

Got to the library and have The Zookeepers Wife. Good so far. Now I am reading two books and I'm not sure I enjoy the experience as much as one at a time.

I couldn't decide if I liked The Zookeeper's Wife or not. It was sort of interesting... and yet at the same time, a bit tedious in places. :ooer:
Dimples

Postby Dean » Mon May 28, 2018 12:02 pm

Dimples wrote:
MG2 wrote:I ran out of fiction books so started to read Bedlam about the Asylum. It's really fascinating.

I couldn't decide if I liked The Zookeeper's Wife or not. It was sort of interesting... and yet at the same time, a bit tedious in places. :ooer:

A bit like your posts...
Dean

Postby Dimples » Mon May 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Dean wrote:
Dimples wrote:

A bit like your posts...

:pmsl:

Exactly like my posts!

:awesome:
Dimples

Postby MG2 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Dimples wrote:

I thought it was poor that they left the animals for days. What's a few bombs and gunfire fgs!

I'm not far in so I will let you know if I agree.
MG2

Postby malamute » Thu May 31, 2018 7:29 am

My friend has loaned me “Eleanor Oliphant” by Gail Honeyman so I plan to start that soon.

Halfway through Never Saw It Coming by Linwood Barclay.
malamute

Postby Claire » Thu May 31, 2018 7:40 am

malamute wrote:My friend has loaned me “Eleanor Oliphant” by Gail Honeyman so I plan to start that soon.

Halfway through Never Saw It Coming by Linwood Barclay.

You'll love Eleanor!
Claire

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug