Literary Corner

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Literary Corner

Postby calitom » Mon May 07, 2018 10:57 pm

In the past year or so have discovered a Norwegian writer of thrillers. His name is Jo Nesbo. Everything I have read(10 books) of his has been top notch. Highly recommend.
calitom

Postby Claire » Tue May 08, 2018 7:54 pm

calitom wrote:In the past year or so have discovered a Norwegian writer of thrillers. His name is Jo Nesbo. Everything I have read(10 books) of his has been top notch. Highly recommend.

Will look him up :thumbsup:
Claire

Postby Trapper John » Tue May 08, 2018 7:55 pm

calitom wrote:In the past year or so have discovered a Norwegian writer of thrillers. His name is Jo Nesbo. Everything I have read(10 books) of his has been top notch. Highly recommend.

Do his books have subtitles?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby MG2 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Claire wrote:
Bella wrote:
MG2 wrote:@Bella, I've finished Eleanor Oliphant and I miss her. Lovely book.

Have just started The Crime Trade by Simon Kernick, not sure about it yet. It's about drug crime lords and the sting that's gone wrong in London. Not really my favourite subject material but highly recommended so thought I would give it a go.

Yes, I missed her too, eccentric and very interesting, endearing character, looks like a film is coming with Reece Weatherperson...
I loved Eleanor Oliphant and was sad when I finished it.

If anyone likes mystery/psycological/detective stuff, try Harlan Coben. I share my Kindle Library with a friend and she had one of his books called " The Woods". I read it when I had run out of my own stuff (she loves vampire, zombie stuff and I don't so I had pre judged it) - I have now bought every book he has written :gigglesnshit: So good!

Also "We need to talk about Kevin" is an amazing book.

The Woods was really good, I've read a fair few Coben and he hasn't disappointed.

I saw you were going to look up Jo Nesbo, his latest The Thirst I thought was his best.

Belinda Bauer is a brilliant author of thrillers too. Rubbernecker is a good place to start. I'm currently reading her Darkside. Her characterisations are very believable
MG2

Postby calitom » Tue May 08, 2018 10:42 pm

Trapper John wrote:

Do his books have subtitles?

translated;);)---and very well done.
calitom

Postby calitom » Tue May 08, 2018 10:43 pm

Claire wrote:

Claire you will be glad that you did. The guy is that good.
calitom

Postby Claire » Wed May 09, 2018 7:07 am

MG2 wrote:
Claire wrote:
Bella wrote:
MG2 wrote:@Bella, I've finished Eleanor Oliphant and I miss her. Lovely book.

Have just started The Crime Trade by Simon Kernick, not sure about it yet. It's about drug crime lords and the sting that's gone wrong in London. Not really my favourite subject material but highly recommended so thought I would give it a go.

Yes, I missed her too, eccentric and very interesting, endearing character, looks like a film is coming with Reece Weatherperson...
I loved Eleanor Oliphant and was sad when I finished it.

If anyone likes mystery/psycological/detective stuff, try Harlan Coben. I share my Kindle Library with a friend and she had one of his books called " The Woods". I read it when I had run out of my own stuff (she loves vampire, zombie stuff and I don't so I had pre judged it) - I have now bought every book he has written :gigglesnshit: So good!

Also "We need to talk about Kevin" is an amazing book.

The Woods was really good, I've read a fair few Coben and he hasn't disappointed.

I saw you were going to look up Jo Nesbo, his latest The Thirst I thought was his best.

Belinda Bauer is a brilliant author of thrillers too. Rubbernecker is a good place to start. I'm currently reading her Darkside. Her characterisations are very believable

Thanks for the recomendations :thumbsup:

Have you read Nicci French "Frieda Klein" series? They're really good. Great cast of characters. I have the final one on pre order.
Claire

Postby Claire » Wed May 09, 2018 7:08 am

calitom wrote:
Claire wrote:

Claire you will be glad that you did. The guy is that good.

I'll let you know what I think. :thumbsup:
Claire

Postby Guest » Wed May 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Henning Mankell great also.

Postby calitom » Wed May 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Guest wrote:

thanks for the suggestion i will check him out
calitom

Postby Claire » Wed May 09, 2018 8:23 pm

calitom wrote:
Guest wrote:

Tom, we're thinking of starting a book club thread in the Arms :thumbsup:

Also, join the quiz! Its stickied in the Arms.
Claire

Postby Guest » Wed May 09, 2018 9:32 pm

calitom wrote:
Guest wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Henning-Mankel ... 466&sr=8-1

If you enjoyed Wallander on tv then you'll love the books.

Postby calitom » Sat May 12, 2018 3:30 am

Guest wrote:
calitom wrote:
Guest wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Henning-Mankel ... 466&sr=8-1

If you enjoyed Wallander on tv then you'll love the books.

never heard of wallander.....but i believe the guy is worth checking out. I ignored Nesbo for yrs cuz he is a norwegian and i thought hos books wouldnt translate well. I would have to say he is possibly my fave author at this point although there is tough competition at the top.
calitom

Postby calitom » Sat May 12, 2018 3:31 am

Claire wrote:
calitom wrote:
Guest wrote:

Tom, we're thinking of starting a book club thread in the Arms :thumbsup:

Also, join the quiz! Its stickied in the Arms.

OK Claire:)
calitom

Postby malamute » Sat May 12, 2018 8:07 pm

I bought “The Good Daughter” by Karin Slaughter today. I hope to save it for my holiday in a couple of weeks time.
malamute

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug