Coincidences or pure chance events.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Coincidences or pure chance events.

Postby Stooo » Fri May 10, 2019 8:02 pm

jra wrote:As per the thread title.

Some to start off with.

I accompanied a friend of mine to the hospital yesterday. We agreed to meet by a local chippy before getting a bus. At the hospital, I met the same woman that works at that chippy.

In all the years my dad was yachting and sailing he only fell overboard once and that was due to a forestay on the deck of his yacht giving way when he was holding it for support. He had for a long time been meaning to install a rope ladder in order to make climbing back on board much easier in case of such an event, as it was very difficult otherwise.

He had only installed the rope ladder the day before he fell overboard.

I had to get a taxi back from Dunstable last year for the first time, having missed the last bus. So, I just found the nearest private hire taxi firm. One of my ex-tenants was working there. It could have been any taxi firm.

On the last PV march I met up with Richard and Sarah in a crowd of over a million and million to one chances happen 90% of the time :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Coincidences or pure chance events.

Postby jra » Sat May 11, 2019 5:59 am

Stooo wrote:
jra wrote:As per the thread title.

Some to start off with.

I accompanied a friend of mine to the hospital yesterday. We agreed to meet by a local chippy before getting a bus. At the hospital, I met the same woman that works at that chippy.

In all the years my dad was yachting and sailing he only fell overboard once and that was due to a forestay on the deck of his yacht giving way when he was holding it for support. He had for a long time been meaning to install a rope ladder in order to make climbing back on board much easier in case of such an event, as it was very difficult otherwise.

He had only installed the rope ladder the day before he fell overboard.

I had to get a taxi back from Dunstable last year for the first time, having missed the last bus. So, I just found the nearest private hire taxi firm. One of my ex-tenants was working there. It could have been any taxi firm.

On the last PV march I met up with Richard and Sarah in a crowd of over a million and million to one chances happen 90% of the time :ooer:

I don't see how that is possible unless you know exactly where to meet.
jra

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug