I want to go to xxxxx

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: I want to go to xxxxx

Postby Jobless Oddball » Mon May 13, 2019 3:38 pm

I don't understand why anyone would sit on a plane for a few hours to sit by a pool for 7/10/14 nights when you can do it for free in ya own backyard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby jra » Tue May 14, 2019 2:25 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:I don't understand why anyone would sit on a plane for a few hours to sit by a pool for 7/10/14 nights when you can do it for free in ya own backyard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For some people, it's just another expression of showing off wealth with expensive holidays, just like with expensive cars and houses.
jra

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 am

jra wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:I don't understand why anyone would sit on a plane for a few hours to sit by a pool for 7/10/14 nights when you can do it for free in ya own backyard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For some people, it's just another expression of showing off wealth with expensive holidays, just like with expensive cars and houses.

How's your house JR ... survived another night?
You off duty now put the helmet and the stirrup pump away?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jra » Tue May 14, 2019 9:36 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jra wrote:

How's your house JR ... survived another night?

What are you getting at?
jra

Postby Jobless Oddball » Wed May 15, 2019 7:37 pm

jra wrote:

I've never been impressed with any of that shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :snooty:
Jobless Oddball

Postby Cannydc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:43 am

Absolutely agree. Especially taking (dragging) kids there at great expense to do the same thing. Maybe a better guarantee of good weather is the only excuse. Most don't even do the local culture thing.

My last 10 years hols have been a pleasure showing my wife, who is Thai, the wonders of the UK, from Inverness to Land's End, from Anglesey to Whitby. We did have one fortnight touring France, Holland, Germany, Austria too. We have so many lovely places in driving distance...
Cannydc

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug