Dogs

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Dogs

Postby Major » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:10 pm

Do you have a dog?

Do you believe in the saying "a mans best friend is his dog" ?

Can you tell of any instances of loyalty?
Major
Twat.

Re: Dogs

Postby McAz » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Yes, I have a dog.

No, he is not the best friend of anyone, he's a dog and has no comprehension of what a best friend is.

Yes, I could tell of any instances of loyalty.
McAz

Postby Candice B Fureal » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:36 am

McAz wrote:Yes, I have a dog.

No, he is not the best friend of anyone, he's a dog and has no comprehension of what a best friend is.

Hello McAz!!

I know you have relatives north of the border so please read this and tell them not to take their dog or cat anywhere near this place.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kennel-owner-neglected-underweight-matted-20093388?fbclid=IwAR3AcB8h4Xe6NdY_XRFAGTC5a2cFlV_HDVnzptMby9Cl0VZ8I-gLWCzZMnY

Although he's been banned, there's nothing to stop a family member reopening the place.

That's where I got Daisy from, it probably explains why she was sick when she was a puppy.
Candice B Fureal

Postby Candice B Fureal » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:58 am

69789859_10211311145012977_1625516336941629440_o.jpg

Daisy had Conjunctivitis when she was a puppy and after spending a small fortune at the vets trying to cure it, it was finally cleared up by Superdrug eye makeup remover wipes.
Candice B Fureal

Postby SD777 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:52 am

Major wrote:Do you have a dog?

Do you believe in the saying "a mans best friend is his dog" ?

Can you tell of any instances of loyalty?

Hi Major

We had a dog when we lived in Leeds, a female Alsatian.
She was young and fit and used by a pub landlord as secuirty but when he
moved he sold it to our dad for a lot of money. She used to pull us along
but was very loyal.
Then via my work last 15/20 years I've met many dysfunctional, rude, nasty people as well
as many decent people. Story after story I heard where the wife cheated, husbands, mother father
cheated, stole frrom family, leaced off fmily, drug dealers, crims, and many dysfunctional people
but on the whole their dog when they told me never let them down. Sadly, a lot of the people
could barely look after themselves never mind the dog but the dog was always loyal unlike
many humans who are on the whole genrally disloyal and change sides at the drop of
a hat.
SD777
Twat.

Postby McAz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:22 am

Candice B Fureal wrote:

Hello McAz!!

I know you have relatives north of the border so please read this and tell them not to take their dog or cat anywhere near this place.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kennel-owner-neglected-underweight-matted-20093388?fbclid=IwAR3AcB8h4Xe6NdY_XRFAGTC5a2cFlV_HDVnzptMby9Cl0VZ8I-gLWCzZMnY

Although he's been banned, there's nothing to stop a family member reopening the place.

That's where I got Daisy from, it probably explains why she was sick when she was a puppy.

Thanks Vicky - good to see you back.

I try whenever possible to warn people about scum like this - and to encourage people to choose to rehome a dog in need rather than buy one from a breeder.

We can but keep trying.
McAz

Postby Candice B Fureal » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:41 pm

McAz wrote:
Candice B Fureal wrote:

Hello McAz!!

I try whenever possible to warn people about scum like this - and to encourage people to choose to rehome a dog in need rather than buy one from a breeder.

We can but keep trying.

I was reading about an animal charity that gets a call about a dog every six minutes.

It's terrible Az and next month is even worse, all the pups that get dumped after Christmas.
Candice B Fureal

Postby McAz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Candice B Fureal wrote:
McAz wrote:
Candice B Fureal wrote:

Hello McAz!!

We can but keep trying.

I was reading about an animal charity that gets a call about a dog every six minutes.

It's terrible Az and next month is even worse, all the pups that get dumped after Christmas.

Yes - you would have thought by now that people wouldn’t buy dogs as fucking Xmas gifts. :shake head:

Speaking of which - our tiny one, who was herself discarded in the new year, Is entering her 16th year. Her once tan fur is almost white with age. I don’t know how much longer she will last, I can barely think about it.
McAz

Postby Candice B Fureal » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:11 pm

McAz wrote:Yes - you would have thought by now that people wouldn’t buy dogs as fucking Xmas gifts. :shake head:

Speaking of which - our tiny one, who was herself discarded in the new year, Is entering her 16th year. Her once tan fur is almost white with age. I don’t know how much longer she will last, I can barely think about it.

My heart goes out to you Az, it's a terrible situation to be in.

My Jack was 11 when he died, sudden paralysis.

Fine one minute and the next, well one of the worst days of my life.

x
Candice B Fureal

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:23 pm

Candice B Fureal wrote:
McAz wrote:Yes - you would have thought by now that people wouldn’t buy dogs as fucking Xmas gifts. :shake head:

x

Thanks Vicky.

She's perfectly active and bright - it's just me, if she so much as looks the wrong way I'm panicked.

She has seen me through the worst period of my life, always there, always a comfort - and I know people can and do scoff at such sentimentality - sobeit.

If she does go suddenly like your Jack I will welcome it - I don't want to see her propped up by medications and the like until the very last moment.
McAz

Postby Candice B Fureal » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:04 am

McAz wrote:
Candice B Fureal wrote:

x

Thanks Vicky.

She's perfectly active and bright - it's just me, if she so much as looks the wrong way I'm panicked.

She has seen me through the worst period of my life, always there, always a comfort - and I know people can and do scoff at such sentimentality - sobeit.

If she does go suddenly like your Jack I will welcome it - I don't want to see her propped up by medications and the like until the very last moment.

Dogs are a great comfort Az, Jack saw me through a very difficult time and was a great companion.

My Zoe was 15 when she died, she spent the last months of her life on medication for arthritis and her back legs were so weak, I was carrying her up and down the stairs so she could go out to the garden.

It was only the last day when she went off her food that i knew it was time, me and my dad took her to the vets.

He was in such a state, he couldn't pay and had to go back days later and do it.
Candice B Fureal

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:10 pm

Candice B Fureal wrote:
McAz wrote:
Candice B Fureal wrote:

x

Thanks Vicky.

Dogs are a great comfort Az, Jack saw me through a very difficult time and was a great companion.

My Zoe was 15 when she died, she spent the last months of her life on medication for arthritis and her back legs were so weak, I was carrying her up and down the stairs so she could go out to the garden.

It was only the last day when she went off her food that i knew it was time, me and my dad took her to the vets.

He was in such a state, he couldn't pay and had to go back days later and do it.

Most of our friends think we are soft in the head. They see two ordinary mutts, just like any other mutts, where we see two little beings who share our home, that we interact with, play with, talk to, and all the rest - including, and like just like human family, being a pain in the arse much of the time. And as dogs rarely if ever do their stuff in front of strangers non-dog owners are often baffled as to the attraction.

Consequently, they don't appreciate the incredibly deep bonds that can form between dogs and their families - nor the emotional devastation that may occur when those bonds are broken. When your loving companion dies, part of you goes with them - you experienced the joy, and now comes the pain.

We can console ourselves with the results of a recent study which suggests: "Dog owners had a 24% risk reduction for death from any cause. For people with heart problems, living with a dog had an even greater benefit." :smilin:
McAz

Postby Candice B Fureal » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:04 am

McAz wrote:
Candice B Fureal wrote:
McAz wrote:
Candice B Fureal wrote:

x

Thanks Vicky.

Most of our friends think we are soft in the head. They see two ordinary mutts, just like any other mutts, where we see two little beings who share our home, that we interact with, play with, talk to, and all the rest - including, and like just like human family, being a pain in the arse much of the time. And as dogs rarely if ever do their stuff in front of strangers non-dog owners are often baffled as to the attraction.

Consequently, they don't appreciate the incredibly deep bonds that can form between dogs and their families - nor the emotional devastation that may occur when those bonds are broken. When your loving companion dies, part of you goes with them - you experienced the joy, and now comes the pain.

We can console ourselves with the results of a recent study which suggests: "Dog owners had a 24% risk reduction for death from any cause. For people with heart problems, living with a dog had an even greater benefit." :smilin:

I honestly didn't realise just what great companions dogs were until I got Zoe, I had a loan of my Aunt and Uncle's dog for a week to see how I would get on with a dog.

It was great and a few weeks later I got Zoe, I can't imagine my life without a dog now Az.

I read a poem once that said that when you get a puppy, you should know that wee fur ball is going to break your heart one day.

How very true.
Candice B Fureal

Postby McAz » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:10 pm

Candice B Fureal wrote:I honestly didn't realise just what great companions dogs were until I got Zoe, I had a loan of my Aunt and Uncle's dog for a week to see how I would get on with a dog.

It was great and a few weeks later I got Zoe, I can't imagine my life without a dog now Az.

I read a poem once that said that when you get a puppy, you should know that wee fur ball is going to break your heart one day.

How very true.

This one by any chance? (In any event Kipling is my favourite writer so any excuse...)

The Power of the Dog
Rudyard Kipling - 1865-1936

There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie—
Perfect passion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet’s unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find—it’s your own affair—
But… you’ve given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!).
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone—wherever it goes—for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We’ve sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we’ve kept ’em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-time loan is as bad as a long—
So why in—Heaven (before we are there)
McAz

Postby Major » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Our family has been and still are dog lovers, guard dos, working dogs and pets, some have been well over spoilt.
It is mega upsetting to lose one.

2 of the guard dogs were for a young lady of the family, they cost a good few shillings to train, they doted on her and she the same, wherever she went they would follow and would only act on command and certain key words which was a bit dodgy at times,
One would sit outside the wet room awaiting her to come out.

Loyalty from and to a dogs is very rewarding.

Dogs are eaten in other countries, would not fancy that
Major
Twat.

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug