Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: When We Were Whippersnappers

Postby Major » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:
Stop telling lies/stretching the facts SB comment on that which I actually say, not what you imagine like you have always done,

I have not stretched any facts I have just commented on what you have stated as your family run business and its illegal trading .

How did your family run business manage to run lorries Country Wide when there was a Fuel Crisis and rationing during and following WW2,

" Black Market " Fuel Ration Coupons ?? :dunno:

We had our own tanks in the yard with manual winding pumps, nearly broke ones arm turning them,
Most of the old fleet were petrol which my old man got, easy with cash, you would never survive SB.
He also sold coal and coke from the yard, people would bring their own hessian sacks, fill them up to 1cwt and take them away, some would come with prams and cycles to get coal/coke

Anything else you are too thick to know.
Major
Twat.

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:25 pm

No just carry on digging a hole admitting the family run business was an illegal WW2 " Black Market" organisation .

If caught could mean hefty Prison Sentences , dealing with contraband and Tax Evasion .

Not really something to be proud of IMO
Snookerballs

Postby Major » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Snookerballs wrote:No just carry on digging a hole admitting the family run business was an illegal " Black Market" organisation

Not really something to be proud of IMO

Well SB I am, I would rather live a life of luxury than not which is normal

Especially for you SB.

I might have told you this before, We were in XXXXX and ran seriously low on petrol, one night we borrowed a full tanker from the Yanks, took it away and drove it back empty into the compound without being stopped later that day
We used 2 tracked vehicles with very long ropes tied to the tanker and towed it out of their compound without noise, sheer genius on my part
I was a young stripling then, cheeky, cocky bleeder, looking for adventure, remember I had been raised amongst some of the best Paddiz ever.

I got grassed, never charged , quietly shipped out, and it was not mentioned until the late 70s I was asked about it, I told the truth, carried on with my boxing and went forward from there.

Better than playing with a rubber pipe, SB :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:47 pm

To be honest it's the kind of thing most people wanted to do and be but couldn't and those spivs and crooks got many a family through the war with a few extras and comforts and surprises here and there.
Not all the people are docile and obedient.
The black market has always been there and hopefully always will be there when the state and business fail us.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:47 pm

Tinned apricot jam sold before it arrived on our island, they were big tins, I would guess 8 baked bean content sizes, neighbours would share, you could only open tins with a tin opener, no screw tops.
Sugar was another I can remember in sacks, shared agin.
We had friends who worked for the co- op offices and used to let us know when certain groceries would be coming in so we got there first.

Bamboo canes were much in demand, my old man bought lorry loads direct off the ships, allotment holders were digging for victory

Some of his customers were plod.

God helps them who helps themselves, yup I know the rest.
Major
Twat.

Postby malamute » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:28 pm

Snookerballs wrote:You obviously lived a privileged childhood life in the Country Starbold, Certainly not a City Dweller .
The majority of the Country at that time had to make do with Ration Books and coupons in order to obtain the goods that you list

Ever heard of allotments? all towns and cities had them and many parks and playing fields were given over for allotments where people could grow their own veg and fruit and keep chickens for eggs and meat. There was a huge take up of allotments during WWII.

After the war my Dad worked in the gardens of a hotel. He and another workmate went halves on a pig which they reared and fed on scraps from the hotel kitchen. They kept it in a far off corner of the hotel grounds and when the time came they had it killed and lived off it for many months.
malamute

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:44 pm

malamute wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:You obviously lived a privileged childhood life in the Country Starbold, Certainly not a City Dweller .
The majority of the Country at that time had to make do with Ration Books and coupons in order to obtain the goods that you list

Ever heard of allotments? all towns and cities had them and many parks and playing fields were given over for allotments where people could grow their own veg and fruit and keep chickens for eggs and meat. There was a huge take up of allotments during WWII.

After the war my Dad worked in the gardens of a hotel. He and another workmate went halves on a pig which they reared and fed on scraps from the hotel kitchen. They kept it in a far off corner of the hotel grounds and when the time came they had it killed and lived off it for many months.

We are not at war, we are inflicting this on ourselves. There is no enemy other than stupidity and football politics.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:34 pm

Starbold I've figured out you must be around 85 if your stories have any truth to them yes?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:46 pm

Snookerballs wrote:How could city dwellers "dig for victory "when they lived in flats !!!

it appears you are from a long line of " Black Market Spivs" not a lot has changed since you have grown older . !!!

that is Robin Gibbs of the BEEGEES
calitom

Postby calitom » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Starbold I've figured out you must be around 85 if your stories have any truth to them yes?

he took Margaret Thatcher to the senior prom
calitom

Postby malamute » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:23 am

Stooo wrote:
malamute wrote:

We are not at war, we are inflicting this on ourselves. There is no enemy other than stupidity and football politics.

Where did that come from Stooo? I was responding to a post saying that country dwellers had it easier than city dwellers because they could grow food. I was pointing out that towns and cities had allotments where food could be grown. that’s all .......
malamute

Postby Major » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:09 am

Allotments became scarce as more people seen the advantage, then they turned to garden food.
Kids used to sneak in and pinch carrots to eat raw, lovely.
We could never grow a decent cauliflower only very tiny ones.
Major
Twat.

Postby Snookerballs » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Major wrote:

God helps them who helps themselves, yup I know the rest.

Not sure the Law of this Country agrees with that statement when it comes to stealing and Black Market Goods .

That version of the saying is in the Quran is that where you got it from ??
Snookerballs

Postby Major » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:12 pm

Put ya water squirter away SB or you will go blind.
Major
Twat.

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:41 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:To be honest it's the kind of thing most people wanted to do and be but couldn't and those spivs and crooks got many a family through the war with a few extras and comforts and surprises here and there.
Not all the people are docile and obedient.
The black market has always been there and hopefully always will be there when the state and business fail us.

Latest "Black Market" Scam in China,

People are banned from going out in public without a face mask due to the Coronvirus , so face masks are now in short demand and difficult to obtain ,
So the Chinese Black Market are now foraging waste bins and refuse dumps to obtain used face masks which are now being resold at a high price .
Coming shortly to this Country ????
Snookerballs

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug