My Covid19 worry

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: My Covid19 worry

Postby Snookerballs » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:18 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
malamute wrote:Most of our small villages along the Norfolk coast are packed with people coming to their second homes and caravans from London and other densely populated places. Our councils have now closed their car parks to deter people and are begging people to go back to their permanent homes. It’s not right that they are buying up everything in our local shops and could take the place of a local person at the GP or hospital. They have the money to come here and buy whatever they like and spread their germs around in the process. They don’t give a thought to local workers on minimum wage who can only afford a few groceries at a time.

I did hear that caravan sites are closing so that might get rid of some of them.

Even Kate and William and their kids and staff have descended on Norfolk now!

Words fail me , Royalty should show an example to us subjects

We are experiencing the same problem here on the IOW, Holiday camp sites are starting to fill up despite yesterdays announcements that these sites will be closed
The club Houses and Laundry facilities have been closed , what do these people think they can do during the daytime
Our Hospital only has 8 ICU beds these must be available for the Island Population not filled by people from the main land .

Really selfish of these people... I read Gordon Ramsay getting some stick for retreating to his second home in Cornwall.

They just think they are above rest of us :shake head:

On thursday the CAR Ferry Companies to the Isle of Wight decided to Ban Coachs coming from the Mainland , and car drivers questioned why they needed to come to the Island over the Easter Period and could be turned back if they did not have a good reason . . Delivery Trucks given special dispensation .

A little too late in my opinion, this should have been put in place weeks earlier, the Authorities could see what was happening elsewhere .

Stay in Stay Safe .
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:40 am

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:29 am

Abs wrote:Heya LM. I'm doing alright. I was checking out the you tube vids you posted, I need these for my mum, she is just too stressed out over all this virus crap.

She’s not alone. At least that’s some consolation, everyone’s in the same difficult position.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Abs » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:33 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Abs wrote:Heya LM. I'm doing alright. I was checking out the you tube vids you posted, I need these for my mum, she is just too stressed out over all this virus crap.

She’s not alone. At least that’s some consolation, everyone’s in the same difficult position.

True that eh, it feels weird sitting here online because I can't go anywhere, knowing others are all doing the same. What are you doing to keep yourself sane aside from being on the forums? Are you alone or have others living with you?
Abs

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:13 am

A serious worry stems from an old, rather mocking, adage that runs 'The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an oncoming train.'

Contrary to the expectations of many the British public have been, in around 99% of cases, pretty bloody awesome in keeping to guidelines on social distancing.

You have some people going above and beyond by wearing masks and gloves, which is not the official advice, but we know at the very least that makes them less likely to infect us so it's all good.

I worry that if the government give any hint of an exit strategy beyond - "we will announce changes only when it is appropriate to do so" - people will try to lead the curve on the relaxation of social distancing and that's not a good thing at all. The greater number of deaths in the 1918 pandemic came in the 'second surge' when too many people thought they were already through the worst
Cactus Jack

Postby xtras1 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:13 am

I had to look up the 1918 pandemic.. oh my God !

Interesting read about the source.
xtras1

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug