Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: What A Rotten Afternoon

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:28 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Not here in Wales thankfully.

Its on its way to being made law ,
Wood/log burners/Open Fires to be banned, Bonfires banned, Barbeques banned

My latest House Insurance renewal Policy now contains these exclusions .

Clean Air Act .

The proposals, outlined in the Government's Clean Air Strategy, include plans to legislate to prohibit the sale of the most polluting fuels and ensure only the cleanest stoves are available for sale by 2022.

For new sales meaning your old stove is safe.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:32 pm

Sales of bituminous or traditional house coal may also be phased out.

Most people here already burn smokeless.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:
Major wrote:Have not been back long for the second time, I could not get thos b------- chickens back in, they extracted the wee wee from me, I eventually asked the old boy to come out, I went across the yard out of the way and he got them in straight away.

Yesterday I loaded a Tranny with logs ready for splitting and sent it to the old boy with instructions to the driver NOT to get out of the cab, just tip logs in barn where he will see a few on the floor and scarper, he tipped them, the old boy offud him a tenner sparrow and he took it, TWACK, but that is human nature spose, speechless.

As I drove by the old boys earlier I seen him crossing his yard, he thanked me, said he had not been to bed but stayed up using his NEW log splitter I had made for him , he was just going to bed 9.30am.
He said he has a surprise to show me but I would not alight, dunno what, he just kept laffin as he walked away.
The Tranny has been sprayed in the cab with some concoction given to me by a farmer, dunno if it works or not.

I hope you made sure the logs complied with the new Proposal and legislation to be enforced within the near future

Certain types of woods/coals are going to be phased out and banned .

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/21/the-uk-will-ban-coal-and-certain-types-of-wood-for-domestic-burning.html

NO NO NO I have not and do not give a sh-- SB. If a tree falls/blows down around here we get it if we can GRATIS and even charge for taking some away, mostly they are stacked at the top of the yard out of the way for when someone has spare time, I actually do very little myself.
We are running out of room for storage of trees at present, the ones we have need to mature a bit.
We have a multi log splitter, the old boy has 2 but I converted it to a four splitter which he shoulda bought in the first place.
Major
Twat.

Postby Major » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:36 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Sales of bituminous or traditional house coal may also be phased out.

Most people here already burn smokeless.

Around here so many burn logs
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:41 pm

And there will be changes to existing smoke control legislation, as well as new powers for local authorities to take action in high pollution areas.

Small villages will not be classed as high pollution areas.
These are small villages where there is no mains gas.
Anyone who went all electric would have to have plenty of money to afford the bills and would have moved the pollution elsewhere.

This is an area where lots of trees are blown down or fall down every year.
When we burn them we create some CO2 .... that essential for life on earth gas.
Our small contribution to putting the CO2 back in the sky where it came from has risen global temperatures less than one degree C in a hundred and fifty years of mass burning billions of tons of coal then a hundred years of burning oil then fifty years on top of all that burning natural gas.
Less than one degree.
If the trees are burnt they produce CO2 if they are left to rot they produce methane which we really don't want.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:49 pm

Cows and forumuz produce methane. :pmsl:
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:01 pm

Major wrote:Cows and forumuz produce methane. :pmsl:

But where there's a choice the sensible choice is CO2.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:02 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Clean Air Act .

The proposals, outlined in the Government's Clean Air Strategy, include plans to legislate to prohibit the sale of the most polluting fuels and ensure only the cleanest stoves are available for sale by 2022.

Old Stoves fitted before the new legislation will be able to remain in service until they break down , or as I pointed out Household Insurance companies change their policies to outlaw them .
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:11 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Clean Air Act .

Old Stoves fitted before the new legislation will be able to remain in service until they break down , or as I pointed out Household Insurance companies change their policies to outlaw them .

Old wood stoves rarely break down and if something goes like the fire basket it's very easy to get an iron shop to knock you up a new one .... out in the countryside anyway.
Glass rope is easy to get for resealing glass is also easy to get.
These stoves last generations and to be perfectly honest policing what people are burning has to be nigh on impossible.
There are plenty of people round here with wood burning Agas with stacks of old pallets they burn .... never any shortage of those.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:41 pm

We burn old pallets in a workshop, cast iron free standing old fashioned black stove, fantastic free warmth.
Keep 2 old cast iron kettles on the top all day for the lads to have a brew.
You cannot use pallets on a open fire as they spit worse than Jamie Oliver.
Major
Twat.

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:34 am

Major wrote:We burn old pallets in a workshop, cast iron free standing old fashioned black stove, fantastic free warmth.

The law is that by 2050 all CO2 emissions will be banned. It will happen .

Why not help the environment and make an effort now to help the next generation .
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:46 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:We burn old pallets in a workshop, cast iron free standing old fashioned black stove, fantastic free warmth.

Why not help the environment and make an effort now to help the next generation .

Impossible!
I have never heard of anything so daft!
Every time you breathe out your breathe out CO2 as do other animals and plants.
Everytime you open a fizzy drink every time you brew a beer or open one!
How many loaves are baked a day on this planet because they all produce CO2.
Without CO2 there is no photosynthesis.
Without CO2 there is no life.
The CO2 in fossil fuels came from the sky and were putting a very small fraction of it back up there.
According to NASA the more animal and human activity the more CO2 the more CO2 the more plants meaning more food meaning more oxygen production!

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/20 ... ning-earth

Climate of ignorance
As carbon dioxide levels have risen, the planet’s green vegetation has increased by 14 per cent
Back in 1908 Svante Arrhenius, a Nobel laureate and the father of the greenhouse theory, predicted something like this would happen. ‘By the influence of the increasing percentage of carbonic acid in the atmosphere, we may hope to enjoy ages with more equable and better climates,’ he wrote. The earth, he predicted, ‘will bring forth much more abundant crops than at present, for the benefit of rapidly propagating mankind’. This has proved to be the case. Environmentally, this is perhaps the best news you’ve never heard.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/climate-of-ignorance

Deserts 'greening' from rising CO2
Increased levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) have helped boost green foliage across the world's arid regions over the past 30 years through a process called CO2 fertilisation, according to CSIRO research.
https://phys.org/news/2013-07-greening-co2.html
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:04 am

The main driver of earth's climate is somewhat bigger than man and his tiny contribution of CO2 that came from the sky and became oil coal gas at a time when CO2 is estimated to have been 2,000 ppm and the earth was lush and green and teeming with life.
This is what determines earth's climate ...... if you're on a pc click to enlarge image.
Attachments
sunearth (1).jpg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:52 am

Snookerballs wrote:

why would we want to ban CO2???
calitom

Postby Major » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:50 am

This planet will look after itself.
I do not give a flying frog with the bulls-- theory of destruction and save the planet..

My council has just sent me a letter stating from end of June they will charge £40 per year to empty green waste garden bins, you have to pay in advance and they will give you a sticker so bin collectors can ID these bins,
We have always put waste food in the garden bin and ordinary bin as directed.

Others are making money out of our rubbish anyway.
Major
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug