Waterfowl

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Waterfowl

Postby Major » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:14 pm

Been down a different area of river today to feed the wildfowl, dux, geese, swan etc done such since I was a youngster.
I have had tellings off for doing such and usually give them a mouthful.
NOW I notice there are signs up NOT TO FEED DUCKS WHITE BREAD, no reason given.

What a load of testiculz.
Major
Twat.

Re: Waterfowl

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:20 pm

Major wrote:Been down a different area of river today to feed the wildfowl, dux, geese, swan etc done such since I was a youngster.

If thats what you believe so be it .
Bread is junk food for water fowl .

https://www.thespruce.com/is-feeding-ducks-bread-bad-386564
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:52 pm

Major wrote:Been down a different area of river today to feed the wildfowl, dux, geese, swan etc done such since I was a youngster.

Maj white bread might make the best toast .... so my grandchildren tell me but it's junk.
Modern white flour isn't good for your health or the ducks.
White bread will swell up inside the duck stopping it eating other more natural stuff plus the leftover stuff attracts rats which will have no problem attacking young ducks.
I feed them peas they love them!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:57 pm

Maj please have a read of this it is important to change your ways with ducks.
You may well have been at it a lifetime and I know you mean well .... I did it too till about thirty years ago when I kept ducks ......

Bread Is Bad for Ducks and the World Can't Handle the Guilt
https://www.wideopenpets.com/bread-is-bad-for-ducks-and-the-world-cant-handle-it/
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:24 pm

I have never seen any wildfowl which have died because it was proved they had eaten white bread.

I bet more get shot than die from eating white bread, millions get shot, think about that, do millions die from eating white bread, if so where are they? if all these deaths were true we would be knee deep in feathery in bodies.
Dux, geese and swans are in abundance where you have a water basin/river, they get fed by humans, they follow you around expecting a tit bit.

Why would an animal eat something which harms them?
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Major wrote:I have never seen any wildfowl which have died because it was proved they had eaten white bread.

I bet more get shot than die from eating white bread, millions get shot, think about that, do millions die from eating white bread, if so where are they? if all these deaths were true we would be knee deep in feathery in bodies.
Dux, geese and swans are in abundance where you have a water basin/river, they get fed by humans, they follow you around expecting a tit bit.

Why would an animal eat something which harms them?

Why would humans eat stuff that harms them?
Because it's cheap because it tastes good?
The dead get eaten by rats or sink to the bottom.
Did you read the article and come away thinking organisations that deal with wildlife birds etc are making it up just to annoy you?
When you make posts like this it's why people think you are pig ignorant or simply a twat.
Why can't you just learn and take some frozen peas or corn .... why?
Do you know anything about modern white flour and why it's junk food and bad for you?
I'll take it that's a no because you always seem to have plenty left over to feed the ducks.
How come you have so much waste food all the time?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:23 pm

First of all Rolly, will you show me in quote where I am feeding WHITE bread to wildfowl.
How do you know I have lots of waste food, I have not such, again, show me in quote.
Have you not thought I buy a loaf?
3 answers please and without your usual assumptions.

NOW, how many dead wildfowl have you personally seen which have died from eating white bread????????? I hope you understand the question.
Frozen peas and sweetcorn fall straight to the bottom giving wildfowl little chance of a scoff.

BTW gulls will take bread from my hand.CUT the bull---- Rolly deal in facts.

Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Major wrote:First of all Rolly, will you show me in quote where I am feeding WHITE bread to wildfowl.
How do you know I have lots of waste food, I have not such, again, show me in quote.
Have you not thought I buy a loaf?
3 answers please and without your usual assumptions.

NOW, how many dead wildfowl have you personally seen which have died from eating white bread????????? I hope you understand the question.
Frozen peas and sweetcorn fall straight to the bottom giving wildfowl little chance of a scoff.

BTW gulls will take bread from my hand.CUT the bull---- Rolly deal in facts.

No you're obviously a pig ignorant twat.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:37 pm

Just answer the questions as a gentleman of brewing would Rolly, no need to hurl abuse showing your disadvantaged/lack of BREEDING.
BTW Rolly, a tw-t is useful, what have you achieved in life apart from heap of bulls--.
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:37 pm

Major wrote:Just answer the questions as a gentleman of brewing would Rolly, no need to hurl abuse showing your disadvantaged/lack of BREEDING.
BTW Rolly, a tw-t is useful, what have you achieved in life apart from heap of bulls--.

Major I owe you an apology I hope you can accept it.

'Bread isn't harmful'
The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) said it was fine to feed small amounts of bread to ducks but people should also feed them sweetcorn, porridge oats, peas and bird seed.

"Just like us, birds need a varied diet to stay healthy," said Tony Whitehead from the charity.

"Although ducks and swans can digest all types of bread, too much can leave them feeling full without giving them all of the important vitamins, minerals and nutrients they need.

"So, although bread isn't harmful, our advice is to only feed small amounts to birds."

Please read the following article .... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-50081386

I'm sorry for being a pig ignorant twat!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby raspberries » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:05 pm

Snookerballs wrote:

If thats what you believe so be it .
Bread is junk food for water fowl .

https://www.thespruce.com/is-feeding-ducks-bread-bad-386564

laziness actually. high energy low effort. though the sugars will be great for what they feed on in the water.
had a 20k bag of wheat. took the birds a few years to empty it flying in out out of the shed.
raspberries

Postby xtras1 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:24 pm

They have notices in our park do not feed bread to the ducks... I always thought but was harmful to them in some way.
But you see people throwing a whole slice to them :shake head:
xtras1

Postby Major » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:12 pm

xtras1 wrote:They have notices in our park do not feed bread to the ducks... I always thought but was harmful to them in some way.

How many dead waterfowl have you witnessed where white bread has killed them xtras???????????????????????????
Major
Twat.

Postby Gabby » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:21 pm

Major wrote:
xtras1 wrote:They have notices in our park do not feed bread to the ducks... I always thought but was harmful to them in some way.

How many dead waterfowl have you witnessed where white bread has killed them xtras???????????????????????????

Probably none.... it’s ok to feed them bread, it’s preferable to them starving which is what was happening when the ‘don’t feed ducks bread’ was banded about all over social media! :roll:
Gabby

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:24 pm

Major wrote:

Those two leaves that just floated past were .... the soles of the dead ducks feet!
Rolluplostinspace

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug