Funeral Tomorrow

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Funeral Tomorrow

Postby Major » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:14 pm

of a Chinese friend, not that I would go under the Corona circumstances
Only 4 allowed anyway.
Will be a gathering of family and friends when Corona ends, whenever that will be.
Major
Twat.

Re: Funeral Tomorrow

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:08 pm

I had a call yesterday telling me a friend died in his sleep.
He was 97 and felt tired went to bed and died snoring .... of old age and a full life.
No pain no illness no virus no heart attack nothing ... just tired and went to sleep.
His 90 year old wife informed me.
Great old couple who over thirty years ago gave me some great advice and practical help.
I can't go to his funeral though I really really should be there .... he'd want me to be there.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:29 am

It is a horrible situation to be in but would be worse if it were your own blood kin.
I have had most contact with his wife over the years she is the most laid back, chilled lady I have ever met.
This old cap had been ill for 4 years approx.
He did not want flowers, donations to C Research welcome.
Major
Twat.

Postby common sense » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:27 pm

Major wrote:It is a horrible situation to be in but would be worse if it were your own blood kin.

You could go though. Well you can here. Up to 10 allowed, usually relatives.
common sense

Postby Dean » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 pm

A chap from our pool league passed away recently, he can only have 6 people attend. Will be a shame as he would have had a huge turn out otherwise.
Dean

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:23 pm

I was absolutely devasted today to learn that a friend's daughther who was pregnant has given birth to a still born child, nothing covid related and no warning just 'one of those things' - I'm not devasted not only by the sadness of her loss but because I cannot be there to offer my comfort and support to the family at this awful time.
Cactus Jack

Postby Bella » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:42 pm

Dean wrote:A chap from our pool league passed away recently, he can only have 6 people attend. Will be a shame as he would have had a huge turn out otherwise.

I hope you can have a decent send after all this is over
Bella

Postby Bella » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I was absolutely devasted today to learn that a friend's daughther who was pregnant has given birth to a still born child, nothing covid related and no warning just 'one of those things' - I'm not devasted not only by the sadness of her loss but because I cannot be there to offer my comfort and support to the family at this awful time.

You'll find a way, sending Love x
Bella

Postby drum » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:00 am

Cactus Jack wrote:I was absolutely devasted today to learn that a friend's daughther who was pregnant has given birth to a still born child, nothing covid related and no warning just 'one of those things' - I'm not devasted not only by the sadness of her loss but because I cannot be there to offer my comfort and support to the family at this awful time.

So sorry to read this CJ , I know its not much but send a card for her, other people acknowledging her loss will help her. I promise. x
drum

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug