Liver and kidneys.

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Liver and kidneys.

Postby common sense » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:07 pm

Do you like them? I do. I especially love chicken livers that are nice and tender. Haven't had kidneys for years and can't find them in the supermarket.

Got some lambs livers today in Asda for me and the dog. Will have mine with onions and mushrooms. Wife's not keen. My dad hated liver.
common sense

Re: Liver and kidneys.

Postby Gabby » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Yes, love lambs liver thinly sliced :wubbers:
Gabby

Postby common sense » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:14 pm

Gabby wrote:Yes, love lambs liver thinly sliced :wubbers:

Yes, will slice it thinly and lightly fry.
common sense

Postby Gabby » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:25 pm

common sense wrote:
Gabby wrote:Yes, love lambs liver thinly sliced :wubbers:

Yes, will slice it thinly and lightly fry.

... with onions and mash :wubwub:
Gabby

Postby drum » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:55 am

devilled kidneys :drool:
I like liver too, either fried with onions or seasoned and curried.
and pate :wubbers:
drum

Postby common sense » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:48 am

Yes I often have liver pate too.
common sense

Postby kaz » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:51 pm

I like liver but not kidneys. I always liked ox liver, I find lambs liver too mild.

I don't eat meat these days so the chances of me eating liver of any description is not high.
kaz

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:59 pm

No, I was brought up in a time where joined together meat was rare but offal and mince were cheap. Offal is horrific.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby drum » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:07 pm

Stooo wrote:No, I was brought up in a time where joined together meat was rare but offal and mince were cheap. Offal is horrific.

I cant do tripe or hearts or tongue :pukeup:
drum

Postby common sense » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:12 pm

drum wrote:
Stooo wrote:No, I was brought up in a time where joined together meat was rare but offal and mince were cheap. Offal is horrific.

I love hearts and tongue but don't like tripe. Tongue is very salty though.
common sense

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:16 pm

drum wrote:

My dad used to hanker back to the war years and the 50's and the utter shit that people ate because there was fuck all else, the man would stink his own pub out cooking tripe and onions. I didn't used to eat much as a kid because sitting on a hard chair and told to stay there until I finished often used to take until bedtime with the filth on the plate untouched and me very hungry.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby drum » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:35 pm

Stooo wrote:
drum wrote:

My dad used to hanker back to the war years and the 50's and the utter shit that people ate because there was fuck all else, the man would stink his own pub out cooking tripe and onions. I didn't used to eat much as a kid because sitting on a hard chair and told to stay there until I finished often used to take until bedtime with the filth on the plate untouched and me very hungry.

I grew up the same way... if I didn't eat what was in front of me .... hours and hours later , i'd get it sat down in front of me the next day, usually got battered as well and my sister was a grass :roll:
So I tried to raise mine different and they all turned into arses .. cannie win :dunno:
drum

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:41 pm

drum wrote:
Stooo wrote:
drum wrote:

I grew up the same way... if I didn't eat what was in front of me .... hours and hours later , i'd get it sat down in front of me the next day, usually got battered as well and my sister was a grass :roll:
So I tried to raise mine different and they all turned into arses .. cannie win :dunno:

I used to stuff it my underpants and mum used to give me a sandwich and a wink. I can't finish a sandwich to this day because I need to save a bit for later :laughing:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby drum » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:50 pm

I'd hide mine down the side of the cabinet (those dinette things with a pull down tabley bit) of course she always caught me and I didn't have the sense to find a different hidey place. Then my sister started hiding her food the same way.. Who got the blame ? always the 'big yin' :roll: There's a big long story in front of it.. I never knew my mum until I was 8.
drum

Postby common sense » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:39 pm

drum wrote:

My mum was one of 10 kids and all the others passed down the table what they didn't want for her to eat. lol. She played out with the boys, climbing trees etc and her dad told her she "should have been born a bloody lad"
Last edited by common sense on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
common sense

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug