Holiday 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Holiday 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:18 pm

ArchieG wrote:If anyone's wanting the Northern lights, I recommend Svalbard. You get polar bears thrown in. Drinking is expensive, but if that doesn't bother you it's brilliant. I think, unless you go mad, which seems not to be Hobbit's thing, it's the most reliable northern lights experience.

We're hoping to do a North American road trip next year. A few caveats on that obviously. My wife is keen on Wild West history, we'll go to Tombstone, and a few similar others. Plus some whale watching, we've got friends in San Diego.

When you say road trip do you mean driving for a holiday????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :dunno:
Jobless Oddball

Postby ArchieG » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:27 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
ArchieG wrote:If anyone's wanting the Northern lights, I recommend Svalbard. You get polar bears thrown in. Drinking is expensive, but if that doesn't bother you it's brilliant. I think, unless you go mad, which seems not to be Hobbit's thing, it's the most reliable northern lights experience.

We're hoping to do a North American road trip next year. A few caveats on that obviously. My wife is keen on Wild West history, we'll go to Tombstone, and a few similar others. Plus some whale watching, we've got friends in San Diego.

When you say road trip do you mean driving for a holiday????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :dunno:

Yes. Fly in to Vegas probably, might well buy a car, as our friends will sell it for us. We drive a lot in Europe too, pre covid anyway. We drive to Poland 2-3 times a year normally.
ArchieG

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:34 pm

ArchieG wrote:Yes. Fly in to Vegas probably, might well buy a car, as our friends will sell it for us. We drive a lot in Europe too, pre covid anyway. We drive to Poland 2-3 times a year normally.

I wouldn't see driving all day as a holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby ArchieG » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:38 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
ArchieG wrote:Yes. Fly in to Vegas probably, might well buy a car, as our friends will sell it for us. We drive a lot in Europe too, pre covid anyway. We drive to Poland 2-3 times a year normally.

I wouldn't see driving all day as a holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All day might only be 1 or 2 days out of a 3-4 week trip. But sure, some folks dont like driving. We both do, and we’ll try and buy something interesting, a 70’s/80’s classic that we couldnt hire. Wind in what remains of my hair, go in search of the Hotel California.
ArchieG

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:27 pm

ArchieG wrote:All day might only be 1 or 2 days out of a 3-4 week trip. But sure, some folks dont like driving. We both do, and we’ll try and buy something interesting, a 70’s/80’s classic that we couldnt hire. Wind in what remains of my hair, go in search of the Hotel California.

Might sound good in theory but not in practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:41 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
ArchieG wrote:All day might only be 1 or 2 days out of a 3-4 week trip. But sure, some folks dont like driving. We both do, and we’ll try and buy something interesting, a 70’s/80’s classic that we couldnt hire. Wind in what remains of my hair, go in search of the Hotel California.

Might sound good in theory but not in practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jools Holland made a great film about just that:

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby ArchieG » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:18 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:

It's far from our first. We did a Civil war trip, driving, and done Quebec to Vancouver, then down to Seattle, plus, as I said, lots in Europe. Got family in Poland, most years we go to Balaton sound, which is a 1100 mile trip. We also drive to the alps most years. We'll do that for 2021, we flew in 2020, disaster.
ArchieG

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:31 pm

ArchieG wrote: most years we go to Balaton sound,

You go to the same place year after year?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I like ya style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Jobless Oddball

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:32 pm

Stooo wrote:Jools Holland made a great film about just that:

People are not aware of the reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby ArchieG » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:16 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:
ArchieG wrote: most years we go to Balaton sound,

You go to the same place year after year?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I like ya style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Its a music festival.
ArchieG

Postby Jobless Oddball » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:49 pm

ArchieG wrote:Its a music festival.

In the same place??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jobless Oddball

Postby ArchieG » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Jobless Oddball wrote:

I think you’re getting it. The clue is in the name, Balaton Sounds. Lake Balaton, Hungary. Its 90’s electronic music mostly. Think Ibiza etc. Most festivals are in the same place every year. It’d be weird if the Isle of Wight festival was in bloody Manchester!
ArchieG

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:03 pm

ArchieG wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:

I think you’re getting it. The clue is in the name, Balaton Sounds. Lake Balaton, Hungary. Its 90’s electronic music mostly. Think Ibiza etc. Most festivals are in the same place every year. It’d be weird if the Isle of Wight festival was in bloody Manchester!

But so much easier to get to!!!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby ArchieG » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:15 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
ArchieG wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:

But so much easier to get to!!!

For you, I suppose so. For me, driving to Lake Balaton is less stressful than driving to Manchester. The M6 at Wolverhampton is enough to put anyone off.
ArchieG

Postby Jobless Oddball » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:12 pm

ArchieG wrote:I think you’re getting it. The clue is in the name, Balaton Sounds. Lake Balaton, Hungary.

You must be a right old international jetsetter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug