Unusual Looking Cars

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Unusual Looking Cars

Postby Text » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:58 pm

Know of any odd looking motors from any era, past or present, home made or from abroad?
Or ones with an interesting story behind them?

Let's see some pics if you have! :Hiya:

Here are a few, let's start with the mini size ones as they might become popular because of environmental concerns. :laughing:

WILLIAMS driverless model

This one is known as 'The Pea' for obvious reasons -and small enough to park in the lounge, shoulder height lol!

King S-7     Sweden .Micro Car

Messerschmitt .  ( a 4 Wheel version was also available )

Sinclair C5, :again?: oh the horror, anyone remeber them?

Text

Re: Unusual Looking Cars

Postby Text » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:00 pm

Some random bigger ones.

Delorean - what a financial disaster this was, in Northern Ireland, big news att

Dutton pug ugly beast.

Text

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:47 am

I prefer the round ones to the pointy ones. Like a bubble rolling along the road.
Lady Murasaki

Postby drum » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:56 am

There's a couple of old boys round here who have mobility scooters... They have those things fully pimped out :pmsl: raincovers and all sorts. Probably more dangerous than the old robin reliants . Seeing more and more of them on the roads which is annoying , like the joggers they're on the bike lanes, when a bike approaches they all move into the middle of the roads. :grrrrr:
drum

Postby Stooo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:37 pm

Nissan Figaros, there's a couple on my route

Tidy little things with a loyal following.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:49 pm

drum wrote:There's a couple of old boys round here who have mobility scooters... They have those things fully pimped out :pmsl: raincovers and all sorts. Probably more dangerous than the old robin reliants . Seeing more and more of them on the roads which is annoying , like the joggers they're on the bike lanes, when a bike approaches they all move into the middle of the roads. :grrrrr:

Yea some of these vehicles are so tiny they look like glorified motobility scooters but they're not, they are actually mini versions of fully motorised vehicles costing a fortune! :yikes:

@ LM, quite right, some look so daft but people are wuilling to pay over the odds for their novelty value.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

One last batch of odd looking tiny motors

Grataloup

BMV Isetta

Vespa 400  (about 20K euros !! :yikes: Always associated the name with bikes, i don't remember vespa cars - mind you i was an infant in the 60's

The Flipper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have included these last two cars cos of their odd proportions, even allowing for the camera angles the body ratios look off.

1. Justicia - from South America. (Long story but whilst reading about Eva Peron the tragic Argentinian heroine I noticed these cars which were being produced at the time when the country was trying  to lift its economy and become leaders in the car industry in S America.)

2. The Panther
Text

Postby Text » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:58 pm

Stooo wrote:Nissan Figaros, there's a couple on my route

Tidy little things with a loyal following.

Looks cool & classy, Stooo, swooning over that pastel jade colour too. :yess:

Talking about nice looking vintage cars, this one just makes one sigh. > > The Wanderer

I like nice looking cars, I'd rather look at pics of them than talk about mascara & lipstick lol. :Hiya:
Text

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:55 am

If you have Vaseline you don’t need mascara or lipstick. :NAA:

Funniest car I suppose is the Robin Reliant. I know someone who toppled one over by taking the corner too fast, he said he just sat or lay there in shock/embarrassment until a bloke came and rolled it back up again. :gigglesnshit:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Gabby » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:51 pm

The scrapyard’s the best place for that lot!.... we’re in a different era, embrace it! :leer:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:21 pm

Gabby wrote:The scrapyard’s the best place for that lot!.... we’re in a different era, embrace it! :leer:

Don't you see art in the design of some cars rather than the banal blobs that seem to be the main source of revenue for the motor industry?

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:37 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:If you have Vaseline you don’t need mascara or lipstick. :NAA:

Funniest car I suppose is the Robin Reliant. I know someone who toppled one over by taking the corner too fast, he said he just sat or lay there in shock/embarrassment until a bloke came and rolled it back up again. :gigglesnshit:

I so luv your deadpan humour, always have. :bell: :gigglesnshit:

--------------------------------------

Gabby wrote:The scrapyard’s the best place for that lot!.... we’re in a different era, embrace it! :leer:

The topic is about strange looking cars and futuristic ones can be just as weird looking as vintage ones. :razz:

Moving on .....The Nio, Tesla's Chinese rival. Creepy looking. :ooer:

Text

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug