Dinner Date

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Dinner Date

Postby common sense » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:42 pm

Anyone watch the Wetherspoons doc tonight? Their £7.95 curries are from frozen and just microwaved. A top curry chef did give them 7/10 though for value. Even the bacon and sausage comes in ready cooked and is just warmed.
common sense

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:51 pm

common sense wrote:Anyone watch the Wetherspoons doc tonight? Their £7.95 curries are from frozen and just microwaved. A top curry chef did give them 7/10 though for value. Even the bacon and sausage comes in ready cooked and is just warmed.

Why is this news to you?
It's known as airline food and is used in many paces Hungry Horse etc.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby drum » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:17 am

common sense wrote:Anyone watch the Wetherspoons doc tonight? Their £7.95 curries are from frozen and just microwaved. A top curry chef did give them 7/10 though for value. Even the bacon and sausage comes in ready cooked and is just warmed.

Im sure ive said this before a few times. Spoons in my town get their stuff from FARMFOODS. We used to watch them scuttle back and forth . Nobody goes their for gastro delights, they go for cheap beer and food.
drum

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:35 am

That doesn't bother me. I like the veggie curry, and I'm well aware that they haven't made it themselves.
Raggamuffin

Postby Major » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:43 am

IMHO I do not highly rate these so called top fancy restaurants for food but the accommodation is usually good.
There are 3 females on 2 different forums whom I would be delighted to meet, will never happen though.
Girls/laddies usually like a trea, being spoiled and so they should, they bring MUCH to the life of man and family.
Major
Twat.

Postby xtras1 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:32 pm

Major wrote:IMHO I do not highly rate these so called top fancy restaurants for food but the accommodation is usually good.
There are 3 females on 2 different forums whom I would be delighted to meet, will never happen though.
Girls/laddies usually like a trea, being spoiled and so they should, they bring MUCH to the life of man and family.

yes i love a decent restaurant, waiter service etc, always topping up the glass :smilin:
xtras1

Postby common sense » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:18 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Why is this news to you?
It's known as airline food and is used in many paces Hungry Horse etc.

I and I'd think many others, thought they made a big pot of curry every day or at least several times a week. Silly me then. I bet my £1.50 tins from Asda or Tesco are just as good.
common sense

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:06 pm

drum wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Major wrote:Who would you like to dine with at the Savoy Hotel in London and why ????

i do eat slowly, so aesthetic environment and pleasant company has always been at the top on the list.

Hey there Stooo, everyone... cousins over the pond getting ready to light the sky with non lethal explosives. :mrgreen:

Hello Art :Hiya: good to see you, hope you're keeping well.

Hey there Drum. Cheers for the hope, it is something.
art0hur0moh

Postby Snookerballs » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:37 pm

Major wrote:Who would you like to dine with at the Savoy Hotel in London and why ????

Gene Autry ( the singing cowboy star ) took his Horse Champion to have High Tea at the Savoy , when he toured the UK .

Does that Count ??? :cuppaT:

https://www.geneautry.com/clubhouse/alex/itouredwithgene_3.html
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:30 pm

Snookerballs wrote:

Gene Autry ( the singing cowboy star ) took his Horse Champion to have High Tea at the Savoy , when he toured the UK .

[url]https://www.geneautry.com/clubhouse/alex/itouredwithgene_3.html[/url]

My security sounded alarm bells at that link Snooks.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:42 pm

Snookerballs wrote:

https://www.geneautry.com/clubhouse/alex/itouredwithgene_3.html

it most certainly does.
art0hur0moh

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug