Women's Room

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Women's Room

Postby measurer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:53 am

I have wanted to ask you all for ages, but have you started a regime of skincare as you have got into your mid 20's or earlier, and is there perhaps some cream, lotion, perfume you think others should know of?

Why not share your tips here with others. We are all women after all, and each of us will age. I have a nightly/daily routine, though I wish I had started earlier than last year! pmsl If I could give one peice of advice, it would be to say it's never too early or late to start. I was lucky, but there are bits I'm not happy with, just like anyone else.

So what's your secret or peice of advice? :smilin:
measurer

Re: Women's Room

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:33 am

I know of something .... it's often referred to as 'Gentlemen's cream' and it does wonders for a lady's complexion ..... but unfortunately it's not available in shops.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby measurer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Remember you're in the Snug.....are you in to tell us what colour of eyeshadow you wear? :pointlaugh:
measurer

Postby Trapper John » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:03 pm

measurer wrote:Remember you're in the Snug.....are you in to tell us what colour of eyeshadow you wear? :pointlaugh:

Yes I know it's the snug - I was just offering my opinion as to what looks good on a woman's face, is all. :roll:

My advice on women's accessories has always been valued too, Pearl Necklaces are a classic and never go out of fashion. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Gabby » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:03 pm

measurer wrote:I have wanted to ask you all for ages, but have you started a regime of skincare as you have got into your mid 20's or earlier, and is there perhaps some cream, lotion, perfume you think others should know of?

Why not share your tips here with others. We are all women after all, and each of us will age. I have a nightly/daily routine, though I wish I had started earlier than last year! pmsl If I could give one peice of advice, it would be to say it's never too early or late to start. I was lucky, but there are bits I'm not happy with, just like anyone else.

I don't really have any secrets Mes.... but I do moisturise and cleanse morning and night! :thumbsup:

Sometimes I use Argan oil at night too...... I love it!........... and vaseline on my lips overnight! :mrgreen:

I much prefer the perfumed body lotions as opposed to spray perfumes :smilin:

The Sanctuary products I just love..... they smell gorgeous :wubbers:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Oh, and I never use soap on my face!.... sometimes Johnsons baby wipes if I can't be arsed to use a cleanser! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Trapper John wrote:
measurer wrote:Remember you're in the Snug.....are you in to tell us what colour of eyeshadow you wear? :pointlaugh:

Yes I know it's the snug - I was just offering my opinion as to what looks good on a woman's face, is all. :roll:

My advice on women's accessories has always been valued too, Pearl Necklaces are a classic and never go out of fashion. :thumbsup:

LMAO!! :pmsl:
Gabby

Postby Sundaze » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:41 pm

I always use baby wipes to take my make up, they do the job and are not harsh on the skin either.
Sundaze

Postby Gabby » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Sundaze wrote:I always use baby wipes to take my make up, they do the job and are not harsh on the skin either.

They're great, a quick fix... if they're good enough for a babies arse then they're good enough for my face! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby measurer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Poca wrote:
measurer wrote:I have wanted to ask you all for ages, but have you started a regime of skincare as you have got into your mid 20's or earlier, and is there perhaps some cream, lotion, perfume you think others should know of?

I don't really have any secrets Mes.... but I do moisturise and cleanse morning and night! :thumbsup:

Sometimes I use Argan oil at night too...... I love it!........... and vaseline on my lips overnight! :mrgreen:

Got into that Argan oil in Turkey - loved it too.

Hylaronic acid and Vitamin C combined is great, but test a patch first to make sure it agrees with you before doing your whole face.
I use wipes for older skin impregnated with Vit C too, to take off makeup.

Tip : If ur mascara has dried a bit, stick it in a cup of boiling water. The mascara will soften and you will be able to use it.
measurer

Postby Gabby » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:03 pm

measurer wrote:
Poca wrote:

Got into that Argan oil in Turkey - loved it too.

Hylaronic acid and Vitamin C combined is great, but test a patch first to make sure it agrees with you before doing your whole face.
I use wipes for older skin impregnated with Vit C roo, to take off makeup/

Tip : If ur mascara has dried a bit, stick it in a cup of boiling water. The mascara will soften and you will be able to use it.

Or microwave it for a few seconds :thumbsup:... also for gloopy thick nail varnish add a few drops of varnish remover... good as new again! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby measurer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:28 pm

Nail varnish!!! I bloody hate it and never wear it. I think seeing a chip on it is horrible. Actually, that might be an OCD thing!! If I see my young neices wearing it, I take it off! lol Clear is fine, guess it's cos I can't see chips so easily! :ooer:
measurer

Postby Bella » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:31 pm

I use Coconut oil on my hair every week or so, it makes it look thicker and very shiny.

My lovely sister gave me a Clarisonic cleanser for Christmas. http://www.clarisonic.co.uk/

I can recommend it, smooths the pores and gives a glowing complexion. :smilin:
Bella

Postby Bella » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:33 pm

measurer wrote:Nail varnish!!! I bloody hate it and never wear it. I think seeing a chip on it is horrible. Actually, that might be an OCD thing!! If I see my young neices wearing it, I take it off! lol Clear is fine, guess it's cos I can't see chips so easily! :ooer:

I'm a bit like that too, I don't like the feel of it and it looks so awful when done badly.
Bella

Postby measurer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:19 pm

Bella wrote:
measurer wrote:Nail varnish!!! I bloody hate it and never wear it. I think seeing a chip on it is horrible. Actually, that might be an OCD thing!! If I see my young neices wearing it, I take it off! lol Clear is fine, guess it's cos I can't see chips so easily! :ooer:

I'm a bit like that too, I don't like the feel of it and it looks so awful when done badly.

Good to know it isn't just me! And tho I don't bite my nails, I can'y have long nails coz I can't do a thing with talons on! I guess I'm a bit ungirly, just started wearing eyeliner in the last year and foundation, but it interests me.
measurer

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug