Women's Room

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Women's Room

Postby PinkSmurf » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:45 am

measurer wrote:If you want rd of the darker spots/liver spots, you can buy creams to bleach them. Moisturiser is just as important in men as Poca says, and if you work outside, definitely should be using it. UVA alone is destroying ur skin. Always look for a moisturiser with a sunfactor in it to guard against the sun outside, even on a winter's day it 's there. It's one of the biggest agers of our faces.

Definitely. The sun is a major contributing factor towards ageing skin. Drinking enough water is also vital. (Even though I hate water and live on coffee). I always use moisturiser with a sunfactor in it. When I was younger and lived near the sea and worked outside I didn't use moisturiser. Big mistake. I do now though. As for concealing I find that CC creams and creams with a green tinge suit my skin as I have a bit of redness. The green counteracts the red. Only use a little bit though.
PinkSmurf

Postby Gabby » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Loving the new Wunderbrow!! :wubbers: ..... £19.95 but very effective! :leer:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:58 pm

Just been reading back over this thread :wubbers: ..... love shit like this... some great tips to be had! :hap:
Gabby

Postby PinkSmurf » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:01 pm

Poca wrote:Just been reading back over this thread :wubbers: ..... love shit like this... some great tips to be had! :hap:

I agree. It's a wonderful tread. Today I got my MakeUp Revolution eye shadow and face palettes delivered.
http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/
It's really good quality make up at reasonable prices. I got a palette with 144 eye shadows in it for a tenner. It's gone up to £20 but it's still good value for money. I wasn't sure whether I'd like it as I ordered it online but I'm really pleased with it. Superdrug sell it too. I also ordered a few other palettes including contour and blush palettes and more eye shadow palettes from Makeup Revolution. I have started contouring but like you Mes I do have high cheekbones even though I'm curvy so it's quite easy to do. I use a little bit of highlighter too with contour and blusher. I use a proper contour brush which helps.
I used to buy No7 Protect and Perfect from Boots but I found Time Delay from Boots just as good and it's cheaper. I read online it's got the same ingredients in it even though it's cheaper. Dunno how true that is though. I like L'Oreal Age Perfect too. The serum is lovely. I tried a serum with "pearls" in it once I think it was Nivea and it was awful. It didn't sink in at all. It wasn't real pearls obviously but looked like yellow Aero. I was given some Lancôme cleanser, toner and moisturizer for Xmas and it's gorgeous. Really, really good. My skin felt fantastic but it's not cheap.
I'd also recommend using a lip brush for lipstick as it's more precise. I recently got some Bourjois lips Palette Levres Colourissimo which is quite sheer which is nice for older women as it doesn't look like you've overloaded on the lipstick. I got it cheap from Amazon. I got three and the colours are nice plus subtle. They come with an applicator. NARS lipsticks are great too if you don't mind expensive.
PinkSmurf

Postby PinkSmurf » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Has anyone tried Urban Decay make up? More specifically the eye make up. I'm thinking of buying the Urban Decay Naked 3 eye palette. However it's really expensive and I've seen something similar by W7 for a fraction of the price but the last time I bought really cheap make up it didn't show up on my skin and I binned it. So, if anyone's tried W7 or Urban Decay I'd appreciate a review. I've only seen them online so far. :smilin:
PinkSmurf

Postby Gabby » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:13 pm

PinkSmurf wrote:Has anyone tried Urban Decay make up? More specifically the eye make up. I'm thinking of buying the Urban Decay Naked 3 eye palette. However it's really expensive and I've seen something similar by W7 for a fraction of the price but the last time I bought really cheap make up it didn't show up on my skin and I binned it. So, if anyone's tried W7 or Urban Decay I'd appreciate a review. I've only seen them online so far. :smilin:

Urban Decay naked 1, 2 and 3 palettes are only a tenner or less on EBay..... might be factory seconds where the casing might have a dinge or two, but better than paying the full price from UD! :smilin:

I have the naked 2....... stays on all day. Dunno about w7 shadows? :dunno:..... only had their nail polish which are ok if only on for a day or two!
Gabby

Postby PinkSmurf » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Poca wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:Has anyone tried Urban Decay make up? More specifically the eye make up. I'm thinking of buying the Urban Decay Naked 3 eye palette. However it's really expensive and I've seen something similar by W7 for a fraction of the price but the last time I bought really cheap make up it didn't show up on my skin and I binned it. So, if anyone's tried W7 or Urban Decay I'd appreciate a review. I've only seen them online so far. :smilin:

Urban Decay naked 1, 2 and 3 palettes are only a tenner or less on EBay..... might be factory seconds where the casing might have a dinge or two, but better than paying the full price from UD! :smilin:

I have the naked 2....... stays on all day. Dunno about w7 shadows? :dunno:..... only had their nail polish which are ok if only on for a day or two!

Thank you. That's really helpful. I'll have a look on ebay for Urban Decay. :smilin: I'll give the W7 a miss. :twirl:
PinkSmurf

Postby PinkSmurf » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:00 am

Thanks, I got 3 Urban Decay Naked palettes (1, 2 and 3) plus the Smokey one and I love them. They were cheap too. One of them closes a bit funny but that's all. They're factory seconds but they're just as good and I'll look after them so they'll be fine.

I have been looking for Sephora Marvellous Mauve creamy lip stain but it's either sold out or the shipping costs almost as much as the lip colour where it's being sold. Oh well. I'm not paying £30 for a lip stick.
PinkSmurf

Postby PinkSmurf » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:18 am

Has anyone tried Kenzo Flower Eau de Perfum? It's gorgeous. It reminds me of freshly washed clothes. It doesn't smell like soap powder though which probably makes me sound mad! It's lovely and half price on Amazon.
PinkSmurf

Postby Gabby » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:54 pm

PinkSmurf wrote:Thanks, I got 3 Urban Decay Naked palettes (1, 2 and 3) plus the Smokey one and I love them. They were cheap too. One of them closes a bit funny but that's all. They're factory seconds but they're just as good and I'll look after them so they'll be fine.

Nice one! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:34 pm

O.P.I Avojuice is like silk on the skin! :wubwub:
Gabby

Postby PinkSmurf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:18 pm

Does anyone know a good product that reduces the size and appearance of open pores? I've got some essential oils that I use with jojoba oil. However I would like something less oily that I can wear during the day or when I can go out etc. I have open pores, am prone to oily and shiny skin but if I don't use moisturizer it feels tight so I think I have combination skin. Does anyone else have large open pores? If so what do you use? :smilin:
PinkSmurf

Postby Gabby » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:48 pm

PinkSmurf wrote:Does anyone know a good product that reduces the size and appearance of open pores? I've got some essential oils that I use with jojoba oil. However I would like something less oily that I can wear during the day or when I can go out etc. I have open pores, am prone to oily and shiny skin but if I don't use moisturizer it feels tight so I think I have combination skin. Does anyone else have large open pores? If so what do you use? :smilin:

Benefit POREfessional...... I had a small free sample with something, fab stuff! :thumbsup:.... ask in Boots for a free sample :smilin:
Attachments
image.png
Gabby

Postby PinkSmurf » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:50 am

Poca wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:Does anyone know a good product that reduces the size and appearance of open pores? I've got some essential oils that I use with jojoba oil. However I would like something less oily that I can wear during the day or when I can go out etc. I have open pores, am prone to oily and shiny skin but if I don't use moisturizer it feels tight so I think I have combination skin. Does anyone else have large open pores? If so what do you use? :smilin:

Benefit POREfessional...... I had a small free sample with something, fab stuff! :thumbsup:.... ask in Boots for a free sample :smilin:

Thanks. I'll have a look in the big Boots nearby. They sell Benefit, Lancôme etc. Getting some samples is a great idea. :smilin:
PinkSmurf

Postby Gabby » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:47 am

PinkSmurf wrote:
Poca wrote:

Thanks. I'll have a look in the big Boots nearby. They sell Benefit, Lancôme etc. Getting some samples is a great idea. :smilin:

Yes, always ask for samples.... these products are too expensive to buy without testing first, you want to see if they last all day etc........ I was impressed with the Benefit one, used it around my nose area and it made a big difference....... happy testing! :mrgreen:
Gabby

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug