Dog's Football Thread Part 4.

Big Threads

Dog's Football Thread Part 4.

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 16, 2016 9:12 am

Victoria wrote:Not celebrating?

You've made ten posts so far about it Trapper John, how many more will there be?

It's not celebrating ..... it's called payback. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part 3.

Postby Vicky » Mon May 16, 2016 9:12 am

11 posts now, are you going for 20? Image
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon May 16, 2016 9:14 am

Anyway!!

Bring on Hibs!!

Trophy number 120 beckons for Rangers on Saturday!! Image
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 16, 2016 9:25 am

One thing Spurs fans have failed to realise - their club are copying the exact same model as Arsenal did 12 years ago and I don't just mean with the stadium build.

Wenger was left with no money and a bunch of kids, every bit as talented as the Spurs players now, only then the competition was much fiercer and the likes of United and Chelsea and later, City were leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else in the financial stakes and able to buy the best players available, whilst wiping the floor with the rest of the league.

Today things are different even the 'modest clubs' have the power and finances to buy top quality players, meaning the competition will be levelled out on a much more even keel, there will be no guarantees that you'll beat any side in the league in future, in fact we are already seeing that now.

Whatever people say, Arsenal and Wenger did a miraculous job in those years, staying in touch with the big three and fending off one season wonders, to continually end in the top four and the champions league - we won't see an achievement like that again.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Mon May 16, 2016 9:25 am

Vicky

Postby Robocop » Mon May 16, 2016 9:32 am

Sunny wrote:Hiya Robocop!!! :wubwub:

Brilliant post.....and ahahahahhaa about the arsenal celebration bus!!!!!! :canny:

Ah, Hellooo to the lovely Sunny!
Hope all is well with you on this beautiful day, and all in all what a ride it's been for us yiddos this season!

I for one can't wait to see who we may add in the summer, and was so glad to see that we tied Poch up on his contract. That was sooooo important, but sod Man Utd- he knows he could have something very special here with this young and talented team! The future is bright, the future is Lilywhite! :canny:
Robocop

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 16, 2016 9:36 am

Robocop wrote:

Brilliant post.....and ahahahahhaa about the arsenal celebration bus!!!!!! :canny:

Hope all is well with you on this beautiful day, and all in all what a ride it's been for us yiddos this season!

I for one can't wait to see who we may add in the summer, and was so glad to see that we tied Poch up on his contract. That was sooooo important, but sod Man Utd- he knows he could have something very special here with this young and talented team! The future is bright, the future is Lilywhite! :canny:

You won't be 'adding' anyone unless you sell someone ....... didn't they tell you, Levy is building a new stadium. :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Robocop » Mon May 16, 2016 9:37 am

Victoria wrote:
Indeed we did Robs and at the weekened we'll add the Scottish Cup to it. :thumbsup:

Nice! Now that would be something to truly celebrate- a lovely double to get you ready for your assault on the top tier title for next season. It must be genuinely exciting times to be a Rangers fan- to have the adversity you lot have faced, and to fight your way all the way back to the top. The clubs that down-voted you will no doubt get theirs soon enough.

Joey Barton's an interesting one- sure he's been a total arse over the years, but he's a talented player, someone who clearly has passion, and could do very well for your lot. The Celtic tweet is at least a start in the right direction from him! :shoot:
Last edited by Robocop on Mon May 16, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robocop

Postby Robocop » Mon May 16, 2016 9:39 am

Trapper John wrote:
Robocop wrote:

You won't be 'adding' anyone unless you sell someone ....... didn't they tell you, Levy is building a new stadium. :roll:

Nah, we'll be fine. I think you underestimate the power of the little bald genius Trappsey!

Robocop

Postby Sunny » Mon May 16, 2016 9:40 am

Robocop wrote:

Aww lovely bear! :wubwub:

Robocop, I've heard several times since last night that we blew it, but you know what? ...Chelsea won the premier league last year and finished mid table this year, they blew it, the massive club Man UTD won't be playing in the Champions league, they blew it, Shitty has a multi million pound team and still finished below us, they blew it, and with those teams doing shit it was Arsenals best chance of winning the league for a long time, (you know with their brilliant team and manager) and they were top of the league, they blew it.
I'm not saying we didn't blow it a little bit, I'm not deluded, but don't forget that the 'Top Four Clubs' all blew it more than us!

A few additions to the squad and some experience, for the young players and young manager, and I think we will be okay. :thumbsup:
The future is bright, the future is Lily white. COYS!!!! :wubwub:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Vicky » Mon May 16, 2016 9:45 am

Robocop wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Indeed we did Robs and at the weekened we'll add the Scottish Cup to it. :thumbsup:

Nice! Now that would be something to truly celebrate- a lovely double to get you ready for your assault on the top tier title for next season. It must be genuinely exciting times to be a Rangers fan- to have the adversity you lot have faced, and to fight your way all the way back to the top. The clubs that down-voted you will no doubt get theirs soon enough.

Joey Barton's an interesting one- sure he's been a total arse over the years, but he's a talented player, someone who clearly has passion, and could do very well for your lot. The Celtic tweet is at least a start in the right direction from him! :shoot:

If we win the Scottish Cup, we'll be treble winners Robs. :snooty:

Rangers need someone like Joey Barton next season, our squad Is young and life in the SPL will be a lot tougher than the Championship.

Joey would be perfect. :yess:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 16, 2016 9:50 am

Wenger will buy three new players for the first team next season, a striker, a midfielder and a defender, that's all we need.

Next season is make or break for Wenger - all the 'Wenger Out' bollocks was a waste of time and those arseholes should just leave it be now, he's here for the duration of his contract and that will not change, so we need everyone behind the manager, players and the club, come August.

Believe me, if Wenger doesn't win Arsenal a major trophy next season, he will not sign a new contract or an extension, he will go of his own accord.

However, if he does win us the league or champions league, then no-one should have any problem with him presiding over another season or two, whilst the right man to take over from him is found.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Robocop » Mon May 16, 2016 9:51 am

Victoria wrote:
Robocop wrote:
Victoria wrote:

Rangers need someone like Joey Barton next season, our squad Is young and life in the SPL will be a lot tougher than the Championship.

Oops. sorry, I meant to say treble not double! Whoopsie! I'm losing track of your trophies haha.

I could see Barton becoming a real warrior and leader for your lot. You know he'll take no shit, even when he no doubt gets targetd (and he will get targeted) and his combative 'take no prisoners' style could be perfect for a young squad. He's a better player than many realise too.

Good luck with the treble, hope your boys do it! :thumbsup:
Robocop

Postby Vicky » Mon May 16, 2016 9:53 am

Trapper John away an lie doon, Arsenal win the Champions League?
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon May 16, 2016 9:57 am

Robocop wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Robocop wrote:
Victoria wrote:

Oops. sorry, I meant to say treble not double! Whoopsie! I'm losing track of your trophies haha.

I could see Barton becoming a real warrior and leader for your lot. You know he'll take no shit, even when he no doubt gets targetd (and he will get targeted) and his combative 'take no prisoners' style could be perfect for a young squad. He's a better player than many realise too.

Good luck with the treble, hope your boys do it! :thumbsup:

It was only the Challenge Cup Robs, but still a trophy's a trophy.

Joey Barton will be good in games against Celtic, we need a strong presence in midfield, we have Andy Halliday, but he doesn't have the experience of Barton.

We'll get bossed about there, unless we bring someone like Barton in. Image
Vicky

Next

Return to The Archive