Women's Room

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: Women's Room

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:41 am

Just found out Argan oil is made from goats poo. Goats that eat from the argan tree. It's easier to extract the oil from their poo than from the tree.
Eat yer heart out Bear Grylls.

Lady Murasaki

Postby PinkSmurf » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:18 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Just found out Argan oil is made from goats poo. Goats that eat from the argan tree. It's easier to extract the oil from their poo than from the tree.

Argan oil is used for dipping bread in, in Morocco, at breakfast. Dunno where the goat poo thing comes from. It's made from tree kernels. By hand.
PinkSmurf

Postby Foxy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:51 am

My friend put me onto coconut oil and I've been using it ever since. It comes as a pressed oil but once you rub it between your hands it melts and I use it after my shower and while my skin is still wet. It smells divine and it is really cheap. If you have dry or damaged hair rub it through before shampooing and leave it for a bit. If you have hard skin on your feet put it in before bed and sleep in socks. Wonderful stuff. You can even use it for cooking. Try it instead of butter for chocolate brownies, yummy!
Foxy

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:13 am

PinkSmurf wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Just found out Argan oil is made from goats poo. Goats that eat from the argan tree. It's easier to extract the oil from their poo than from the tree.

Argan oil is used for dipping bread in, in Morocco, at breakfast. Dunno where the goat poo thing comes from. It's made from tree kernels. By hand.

:yikes:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/thi ... 077efc045e
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:15 am

Foxy wrote:My friend put me onto coconut oil and I've been using it ever since. It comes as a pressed oil but once you rub it between your hands it melts and I use it after my shower and while my skin is still wet. It smells divine and it is really cheap. If you have dry or damaged hair rub it through before shampooing and leave it for a bit. If you have hard skin on your feet put it in before bed and sleep in socks. Wonderful stuff. You can even use it for cooking. Try it instead of butter for chocolate brownies, yummy!

It sorted my nails out. A couple used to chip easily but not a problem anymore.
Lady Murasaki

Postby PinkSmurf » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Foxy wrote:My friend put me onto coconut oil and I've been using it ever since. It comes as a pressed oil but once you rub it between your hands it melts and I use it after my shower and while my skin is still wet. It smells divine and it is really cheap. If you have dry or damaged hair rub it through before shampooing and leave it for a bit. If you have hard skin on your feet put it in before bed and sleep in socks. Wonderful stuff. You can even use it for cooking. Try it instead of butter for chocolate brownies, yummy!

I love coconut oil. The smell is divine. I've got a few products with it in, like aftersun cream and body butters. I also bought just plain coconut oil recently from Boots. On Digital Spy someone said it can be used to clean & whiten your teeth. I haven't tried it on my teeth. I love the taste of coconut too like coconut yoghurts and flapjacks.
PinkSmurf

Postby Foxy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:29 pm

PinkSmurf wrote:

I love coconut oil. The smell is divine. I've got a few products with it in, like aftersun cream and body butters. I also bought just plain coconut oil recently from Boots. On Digital Spy someone said it can be used to clean & whiten your teeth. I haven't tried it on my teeth. I love the taste of coconut too like coconut yoghurts and flapjacks.

Coconut Perle du lait is fabulous :wubwub:
Foxy

Postby PinkSmurf » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:21 pm

Foxy wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:

Coconut Perle du lait is fabulous :wubwub:

Yum! I sometimes get a coconut and lime one, can't remember the make but it's lovely.
PinkSmurf

Postby Vicky » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:09 am

Is being hailed as a great product for keeping make up in place even on hot days.

It's particularly good for women with oily skin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3681748/Beauty-secrets-milk-magnesia-5-remedy-help-make-place-warm-weather.html
Vicky

Postby Foxy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Victoria wrote:Image

Is being hailed as a great product for keeping make up in place even on hot days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3681748/Beauty-secrets-milk-magnesia-5-remedy-help-make-place-warm-weather.html

That's a new one. I wouldn't fancy putting it on my face :yikes:

Milk of Magnesia reminds me of my childhood. It was the universal cure for tummy upsets.
Germolene was for cuts and grazes and calamine lotion was for anything that itched.
Foxy

Postby Vicky » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Foxy wrote:
Victoria wrote:Image

That's a new one. I wouldn't fancy putting it on my face :yikes:

Milk of Magnesia reminds me of my childhood. It was the universal cure for tummy upsets.
Germolene was for cuts and grazes and calamine lotion was for anything that itched.

I used the pink Germolene for loads of things, but for some reason they stopped making it a few years ago and the other one isn't as good.

I don't know why they stopped making it.
Vicky

Postby Gabby » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:33 pm

Tan Luxe water is the dogs knackers :wubbers: ..... great for topping up a natural tan! :wubwub:
Gabby

Postby VelvetCat » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Love,love, love Argan oil, use it on my hair and on my nails as I had false nails for a time and ruined my natural nails *cries*

I also use the NSPA Spa shower gels and body sprays from Asda, love them especially the vanilla, cherry and raspberry! The smell lasts all day and leaves your skin really soft.

I've just got some Argan oil face wipes, as I've said I do use it but wonder how good it will be on my face. I never, well rarely wear makeup, and even though I'm now 50 I don't have many wrinkles and still have a greasy t zone,. I did read somewhere that women who are still having periods at my age generally have better skin so wonder if it could be right.

I also find using argan oil on my hair after I've washed it, you can buy it in a small bottle from Poundland, and just use a couple of drops through damp hair, helps me to get my hair straighter when using my straighteners and I don't get as many split ends.
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby VelvetCat » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:47 pm

Oh, forgot a tip a drag artist friend gave me that does work.

If you find your foundation doesn't last very long, before you put your foundation on, rub a little talc over your face, Johnson's baby powder is best, then put your foundation on. It really does stay on all night as does your eye makeup if you dust a tiny bit over your eyelids.
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby PinkSmurf » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:49 pm

VelvetCat wrote:Oh, forgot a tip a drag artist friend gave me that does work.

If you find your foundation doesn't last very long, before you put your foundation on, rub a little talc over your face, Johnson's baby powder is best, then put your foundation on. It really does stay on all night as does your eye makeup if you dust a tiny bit over your eyelids.

I suppose it would stop shine but I'd be worried about it going clumpy.
PinkSmurf

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug