Dog's Football Thread Part 4.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part 4.

Postby VelvetCat » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Victoria wrote:A 39 year old Rangers fan has died of his injuries.

This is just awful, please let the others be okay.

Very, very sad news. Thoughts with his family and friends and all other Rangers supporters tonight.

It doesn't matter what team you support, we are all part of the football family and we have lost one of our own today. RIP.
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby VelvetCat » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Was going to comment on our inability to beat the bottom club in the Premier League, but somehow after reading Victoria's post, it really doesn't matter.
VelvetCat

Postby Vicky » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:31 am

VelvetCat wrote:

Very, very sad news. Thoughts with his family and friends and all other Rangers supporters tonight.

It doesn't matter what team you support, we are all part of the football family and we have lost one of our own today. RIP.

Hi Cat. Image

No fan should go to the football and not come home.

I saw a photo of Ryan Baird at a previous Rangers game with his wee girl and it's so sad to think, he's never going to be able to take her to the football again.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:31 am

14440933_672445746270556_5315176329506303173_n.jpg
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:32 am

011016_wallace_1.jpg

Rangers won 2-0 yesterday.

Goals by Niko Kranjcar and Andy Halliday, were enough to get the Gers all 3 points.

What i was going to say yesterday about the game was the Jags have not managed a win at Ibrox since 1993.

I was sure if i'd mentioned that, Rangers would have lost.
Vicky

Postby VelvetCat » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Victoria wrote:
VelvetCat wrote:

Hi Cat. Image

I saw a photo of Ryan Baird at a previous Rangers game with his wee girl and it's so sad to think, he's never going to be able to take her to the football again.

Hi Victoria :Hiya:

Oh, that is so sad about Ryan Baird, as you say, no one should go to football and not come home thoughts with his family and friends and the Rangers family as well, they have lost one of their own.

Well, we let a lead slip again yesterday. But on the bright side Chadli scored a beautiful goal for us, thank you Spurs for selling him to us, we really are grateful! I see what RoboCop says about he will nick goals, something we have not had in a while, just we could've held out for the win and Ben Foster could've had a clean sheet for his 150th game for us in goal.

Oh, well unbeaten into the international break, and points in the bank which us good as our next three games are Spurs, Liverpool and Manchester City :yikes:

Great to see both Darren Fletcher and James Morrison in the Scotland squad, especially Morrison coming back from injury, hope he gets a game.

Btw, hope RoboCop is ok, not seen him about for a few days. :header: :header:
VelvetCat

Postby Vicky » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:00 am

VelvetCat wrote:
Victoria wrote:
VelvetCat wrote:

Hi Cat. Image

Hi Victoria :Hiya:

Oh, that is so sad about Ryan Baird, as you say, no one should go to football and not come home thoughts with his family and friends and the Rangers family as well, they have lost one of their own.

Well, we let a lead slip again yesterday. But on the bright side Chadli scored a beautiful goal for us, thank you Spurs for selling him to us, we really are grateful! I see what RoboCop says about he will nick goals, something we have not had in a while, just we could've held out for the win and Ben Foster could've had a clean sheet for his 150th game for us in goal.

Oh, well unbeaten into the international break, and points in the bank which us good as our next three games are Spurs, Liverpool and Manchester City :yikes:

Great to see both Darren Fletcher and James Morrison in the Scotland squad, especially Morrison coming back from injury, hope he gets a game.

Btw, hope RoboCop is ok, not seen him about for a few days. :header: :header:

Morning Cat. Image

I was reading a match report about West Brom yesterday and i noticed Sunderland had equalised in the 83rd minute.

It said your lads had 17 shots on goal, it's a shame they couldn't have banged another one in.

Difficult run of games coming up for West Brom after the international games.

Rangers have already had they're toughest games (Celtic and Aberdeen) and hopefully you'll do better than we did. Image

I'm looking forward to the international games at the weekend, Lithuania for Scotland and Malta for England.

Hopefully we'll get all 3 points and no offence, but i hope England get beat.

That way, Scotland can move clear at the top of the table. :header:
Vicky

Postby Robocop » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:52 am

Morning football fans, (and a special hello to Vic and Cat! :Hiya: )

Just wanted to say my condolences to the Rangers fan that died. How awful. I totally agree no one should ever go to the football and not come home. Very sad and tragic news.

On a separate and less serious note, what a great result for Spurs against Man City and fully deserved the 3 points. Up to 2nd in the table and I almost can't believe the change from going so many years as a disjointed side with one or 2 good players to a real team all working together to fit Poch's style.

I now look out for West Brom and Rangers results, just because of here, and glad to see the ex Spurs lads aren't letting my predictions they would do ok, down. I see Chadli scored again for the Baggies as did Niko for the Teddies! Hope they continue to do the business for you (well apart from next sat when Spurs play West Brom at the The Hawthorns haha!) :header:
Robocop

Postby Robocop » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:04 am

Victoria wrote:Glasgow Derby for Rangers tomorrow when the Ibrox lads take on Partick Thistle.

The Gers haven't played the Jags since 2008 when we played them in the Cup.

Rangers have dished out some serious tankings to the Jags over the years, they beat them 9-0 on one occasion.

However after our last couple of league games, i'll be happy with 1-0.

Little fact...

Partick Thistle have the scariest mascot in football..

Kingsley.

They should never have got rid of Jaggy MacBee.

:pmsl:

I know we did the whole mascot thing before, but this made me chuckle again. That is one mascot to give the kids nightmares- they should never have got rid of good old Jaggy McBee! :mrgreen:
Robocop

Postby Vicky » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:14 am

Robocop wrote:
Victoria wrote:Glasgow Derby for Rangers tomorrow when the Ibrox lads take on Partick Thistle.

The Gers haven't played the Jags since 2008 when we played them in the Cup.

Rangers have dished out some serious tankings to the Jags over the years, they beat them 9-0 on one occasion.

However after our last couple of league games, i'll be happy with 1-0.

Little fact...

Partick Thistle have the scariest mascot in football..

Kingsley.

They should never have got rid of Jaggy MacBee.

:pmsl:

I know we did the whole mascot thing before, but this made me chuckle again. That is one mascot to give the kids nightmares- they should never have got rid of good old Jaggy McBee! :mrgreen:

Morning Robs. Image

Kingsley is one scary mascot.

I think the Jags fans should start a petition to have Jaggy brought back.

:wubbers:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:14 am

Talking of mascots..

Celtic were the first team in Britain to have a non-human one.

Years ago Celtic helped launch Guide Dogs for the blind week and Scott Brown was joined by William, before their game against Motherwell.

Vicky

Postby Robocop » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:06 am

Victoria wrote:Talking of mascots..

Celtic were the first team in Britain to have a non-human one.

Years ago Celtic helped launch Guide Dogs for the blind week and Scott Brown was joined by William, before their game against Motherwell.

Guide dogs are awesome. He/ she looks a bit like Jack- I do hope he's not sneaking out to support the old enemy Vic! :yikes:

Just kidding, I'm sure he's a Rangers dog through and through but on the same subject I did like Harry Kane's pic just before the Spurs/ Man City Kick off. He loves posting pics of Brady and Wilson!

Robocop

Postby Vicky » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:55 am

Rest-assured Robs, Jack hasn't gone over to the darkside. Image

Funnily enough i was reading about Harry Kane's lads Brady and Wilson a few weeks ago and it said when he goes away with Spurs or England, he talks to them on the phone.

That might sound mad to people who don't own dogs, but it seems fine to me.

Harry's a big New England Patriots fan and he got Brady and Wilson wee shirts with their names on them.

:wubbers:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:07 pm

A 1990's rave anthem will be the new goal song at Hampden for Scotland's 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign.

Bits and Pieces was picked over the Proclaimers (I'm Gonna Be 500 Miles) which has traditionally been played at Hampden when Scotland score.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:09 am

pizapcom14755653749851.jpg

Scotland's most capped player is adamant he could never have refused to have play for his country and thinks Scott Brown has got it wrong.

King Kenny believes Scott Brown will live to regret his decision not to play for Scotland again and said Brown's retirement from international football is a huge blow for Scotland.

Kenny Dalglish was capped 102 times for Scotland and is Scotland's joint top goal-scorer along with Denis Law.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/scott-brown-regret-retiring-scotland-8973287

Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive