DS and DTV Part 46.

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 46.

Postby Cherry de Voured » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:15 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
Odessa Steps wrote:What a load of bollocks.... it was a little smeary whine at liberals and lefties... Sorry to say if that's the way it's being played then it's open season on everyone... even those with a thin skin :bum:

I wonder if the reason left wing people get so defensive about this stuff is because the majority of the more insidious madness seems to originate in groups affiliated with the left wing?
I mean, there's plenty of right wing extremism going around but, as a rule, it tends to be condemned by everybody, including moderate right-wingers.
It seems like it's only the extremist stuff connected with left wing groups that people refuse to denounce.
I wonder if that's because people genuinely don't want to believe that stuff IS crazy or whether they're just reluctant to admit that anything bad might be linked to an ideology they approve of?

I don't disagree, but on the other side of the spectrum, there's ideologies so far embedded in ignorance that it's "more of the same" without any taste for change where it's needed, and then chucking the toys out whenever the sown is reaped from this stagnant belief that what worked one, two, three decades ago will work now.

It's foolish to pretend it's just those verging on the left that like to ignore things conveniently when it poses a danger to their ideological outlook. Those on the right do it over and over, one example in my mind seems to be drug prohibition (I can't for the life of me see the benefit in this expensive moral exercise of cannabis prohibition), or the protection of 'sacred' institutions (e.g. Catholic Church as opposed to any other bollocks religious institution), some aspects to poverty and the economy (trickle down economics, my arse) and genuine areas of social justice and equity.

Left or right, it's all born out of this ridiculous inability so many have to stick to their guns on ideology rather than what is actually beneficial. Ignoring 'experts' or solid, reviewed advice in order to persevere with ridiculous election promises (vague as they are) or for the benefit of some interest group that has invested heavily in whichever political party seems to be ruling the roost.

It's easy to see why people have swarmed towards the like of Trump - they've been screwed over, it's easy to see how and why - but then you realise that in order to stick it to the political elite that have taken the piss for far too long, you're backing up a piss-shit barely-articulate populist who will say the most inane and insane crap and get a roaring response. Democracy's a wonderful thing, but it's fucking awful when you've got a population that retrieve their opinions from sensationalist pissrag newspapapers or fucking Facebook "shares". It's not their fault - it's down to an education system that tells rather than teaches, or in many respects, fails to have any impact at all. It's no different from the days of the Church holding all the social sway because their congregation were too pig-shit ignorant to be able to argue back and decide for themselves (and the ridiculous notion of heresy and blasphemy - which we seem to have developed political equivalents for now). Not to mention politics as a whole becoming more like an episode of fucking Big Brother rather than elected representatives arguing sensibly and with authority over pressing issues of the day. Nobody knows if anything of any fucking sense was said in the House of Commons debate today, but there's over 100K "likes" for the fucking video clip of Corbyn and May jesting during the debate over some fucker's surname...

:slap:
Cherry de Voured

Postby jra » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:41 am

Guest wrote:
SJW Hunter wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:
SJW Hunter wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:HOUSE

What have I won? It better not be a fucking t-shirt :monkey:

Dammit. All my XXL sized ones sold out in hours, but I've still got a medium one for normal sized people going spare? :dunno:

Are you trying to say I'm fat? :bawlin:

Of course not Dalek, I would never be so rude to you good sir... it's just that the demand for the larger sizes was exceptionally high. A normal, regular person sized one is on it's way. :thumbsup:

Oh and please do not use the word, 'fat' as some can find it very triggering. They prefer it if you use the word 'big-boned'. :smilin:

What do you look like? You're not content with calling women 'old, frumpy, stalky', now you're calling people 'fat'. You really are a loathsome piece of shit. I think Jungle Jane has you sussed. Can we see a photo of you SJW Ranter? You crave Jane's attention and pick on her at every opportunity but if anyone, anyone at all replies to you on a discussion forum you come up with they're 'following you around, stalking you or craving attention'. This is a forum, where people chat. Do you think everyone who is replying to each other are stalking, craving attention? Do you see what I mean here? A five year old can see you're sad, bitter and unattractive old loser who can't get a girlfriend. Hence all your bile.

And you're obviously an angel yourself. :roll:
jra

Postby jra » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:47 am

Guest wrote:
jra wrote: if you do accidentally double post, you've got 10 minutes to delete the duplicate. That is all.

not if you're a guest you don't. there are no edit or delete facilities for guest posting. :header:

Ah well, didn't realize, as I don't guest post. There's a simple solution to that though isn't there.
jra

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:55 am

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:
Puzzler wrote:It makes me laugh, a bunch of bagheads so terrified or revealing who they are on DS :pmsl:

Not got an account on there, you stupid moron. :gigglesnshit:

Are you implying there are clever morons around. Just asking. :wurms: :dunno:

I think there are morons on here who think they're clever but are the complete opposite.

But in your case, not clever enough to use the delete post function (double post made, assuming you are the same guest). :dunno:

So in his case, this is untrue as guests can't edit. I hope you apologise. :more beer:

Postby Viper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:12 am

Odie is our man here with the lowest threshold before he is triggered into a hissyfit and calling everyone racist. Has form for it. Tends to calm down after a day or two and apologise.
Viper

Postby Vam » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:06 am

Sorry to see VC being hassled for simply agreeing with someone's post, to the point where she feels she has to step away from here.

Also sad to see the word "racist" increasingly being bastardised and diminished, to the point where it barely has any meaning. To me, that's an insult to anyone who has been a real victim of racism in its vilest form.
Vam

Postby SJW Hunter » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:49 am

Guest wrote:
SJW Hunter wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:
SJW Hunter wrote:
Drunk Dalek wrote:HOUSE

What have I won? It better not be a fucking t-shirt :monkey:

Dammit. All my XXL sized ones sold out in hours, but I've still got a medium one for normal sized people going spare? :dunno:

Are you trying to say I'm fat? :bawlin:

Of course not Dalek, I would never be so rude to you good sir... it's just that the demand for the larger sizes was exceptionally high. A normal, regular person sized one is on it's way. :thumbsup:

Oh and please do not use the word, 'fat' as some can find it very triggering. They prefer it if you use the word 'big-boned'. :smilin:

What do you look like? You're not content with calling women 'old, frumpy, stalky', now you're calling people 'fat'. You really are a loathsome piece of shit. I think Jungle Jane has you sussed. Can we see a photo of you SJW Ranter? You crave Jane's attention and pick on her at every opportunity but if anyone, anyone at all replies to you on a discussion forum you come up with they're 'following you around, stalking you or craving attention'. This is a forum, where people chat. Do you think everyone who is replying to each other are stalking, craving attention? Do you see what I mean here? A five year old can see you're sad, bitter and unattractive old loser who can't get a girlfriend. Hence all your bile.

Wowsers someone seems just a little triggered Image

Anyone would think certain words cut a little bit too close to the (big) bone... :gigglesnshit:
SJW Hunter

Postby Viper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:08 am

Wowsers someone seems just a little triggered Image

Anyone would think certain words cut a little bit too close to the (big) bone... :gigglesnshit:[/quote]

funny gif. :gigglesnshit:
Viper

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 am

Vam wrote:Sorry to see VC being hassled for simply agreeing with someone's post, to the point where she feels she has to step away from here.

Also sad to see the word "racist" increasingly being bastardised and diminished, to the point where it barely has any meaning. To me, that's an insult to anyone who has been a real victim of racism in its vilest form.

I can't see any posts where VC was hassled. Just someone asking why she agreed with an obvious trolling post

That's quite mild really :dunno:

Postby Odessa Steps » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:33 am

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:Sorry to see VC being hassled for simply agreeing with someone's post, to the point where she feels she has to step away from here.

I can't see any posts where VC was hassled. Just someone asking why she agreed with an obvious trolling post

Meanwhile i was told anyone but "the normals" i.e. Labour voters and liberals, were responsible for the rape of children in Rotheram and any terrorism ever... This was a celebrated and agreed on point apparently.

Would love to stay and chat but I need to write to the police insisting they stop investigating child slavery and abuse cases just in case it offends local minority feelings, specifically calling it political correctness to do so, because that's the sort of priorities us liberals like to put on things like that... obviously. The police will comply because they;re notoriously poilitically correct... especially after being caught letting a few thousand girls be forced into prostitution and they need a handy two word phrase the fucking excuse it. I mean... a group that would happily lie and say football fans urinated on the bodies of their dead friends would never use a pathetic excuse to explain why they couldn;t be bothered to protect young girls in care.

Oh sorry... I mean... it was duh liberals.
Last edited by Odessa Steps on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Odessa Steps

Postby Vam » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:35 am

Guest wrote:

Page 95 of this thread - the "disappointed" Guest suggesting that VC is a "racist troll", closely followed by OdessaS's comments.

It's all about perception, I guess, but those posts seemed gratuitously harsh to me.
Vam

Postby Odessa Steps » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:36 am

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:

Page 95 of this thread - the "disappointed" Guest suggesting that VC is a "racist troll", closely followed by OdessaS's comments.

It's all about perception, I guess, but those posts seemed gratuitously harsh to me.

So was being told I'm responsible for 1600 raped kids and all the terrorism in Europe... but it was a well agreed on point.

Can we get a list of who here is above being flamed.... because I notice some are.
Odessa Steps

Postby Frankly » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:39 am

Guest wrote:

No. She was called a racist actually.
Frankly

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:43 am

Cherry de Voured wrote:I don't disagree, but on the other side of the spectrum, there's ideologies so far embedded in ignorance that it's "more of the same" without any taste for change where it's needed, and then chucking the toys out whenever the sown is reaped from this stagnant belief that what worked one, two, three decades ago will work now.

It's foolish to pretend it's just those verging on the left that like to ignore things conveniently when it poses a danger to their ideological outlook. Those on the right do it over and over, one example in my mind seems to be drug prohibition (I can't for the life of me see the benefit in this expensive moral exercise of cannabis prohibition), or the protection of 'sacred' institutions (e.g. Catholic Church as opposed to any other bollocks religious institution), some aspects to poverty and the economy (trickle down economics, my arse) and genuine areas of social justice and equity.

Left or right, it's all born out of this ridiculous inability so many have to stick to their guns on ideology rather than what is actually beneficial. Ignoring 'experts' or solid, reviewed advice in order to persevere with ridiculous election promises (vague as they are) or for the benefit of some interest group that has invested heavily in whichever political party seems to be ruling the roost.

It's easy to see why people have swarmed towards the like of Trump - they've been screwed over, it's easy to see how and why - but then you realise that in order to stick it to the political elite that have taken the piss for far too long, you're backing up a piss-shit barely-articulate populist who will say the most inane and insane crap and get a roaring response. Democracy's a wonderful thing, but it's fucking awful when you've got a population that retrieve their opinions from sensationalist pissrag newspapapers or fucking Facebook "shares". It's not their fault - it's down to an education system that tells rather than teaches, or in many respects, fails to have any impact at all. It's no different from the days of the Church holding all the social sway because their congregation were too pig-shit ignorant to be able to argue back and decide for themselves (and the ridiculous notion of heresy and blasphemy - which we seem to have developed political equivalents for now). Not to mention politics as a whole becoming more like an episode of fucking Big Brother rather than elected representatives arguing sensibly and with authority over pressing issues of the day. Nobody knows if anything of any fucking sense was said in the House of Commons debate today, but there's over 100K "likes" for the fucking video clip of Corbyn and May jesting during the debate over some fucker's surname...

:slap:

That's a very thoughtful reply (both from you and Guest). :thumbsup:

I hadn't really considered stuff like the attitude toward drugs to be a symptom of the same thing but you're absolutely correct.
Basically, I guess we've got "radical revolutionaries" at one end of the spectrum and "staunch traditionalists" at the other end.

You know that "political compass" thing, which quantifies left/right and liberal/authoritarian attitudes?
I wonder if it's about time that was modified to include a 3rd axis which quantifies progressive/traditionalist tendencies as well?

As for Trump, the best (and simplest) explanation for his popularity that I've read is that there are a heap of people who simply don't feel like the current system gives them any opportunities and when you feel like you've got nothing to lose then it's much easier to support something risky.

It never ceases to amaze me how petty and selfish the reasons politicians have for doing stuff turn out to be.
They're debating things that are likely to have an impact on all our lives and it turns out that their decisions will be based on whether it benefits them personally, rather than whether it's a good thing for society as a whole.
Of course, I guess that takes us back to why people like phenomenon like Trump and Brexit gain support.
Si_Crewe

Previous

Return to The Archive