Random Stuff Part Sixteen.

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Sixteen.

Postby Text » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Trevor Noah is funny. A cut above your average comedian.
Now I never thought I'd see the day someone even more clueless than Sarah Palin would get a high profile job in gov't. They look vaguely similar too.
I guess a donation of $200 million helps.

She managed to fail/fudge everyone of the very basic questions put to her. The shame of it!! :oops:
The worst part is her smiling . She genuinely thinks it's cute to be so clueless
How did she manage to get so rich? Was a casting couch scenario involved? :cuppaT:
Text

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Canary wrote:

Trevor Noah is funny. A cut above your average comedian.
Now I never thought I'd see the day someone even more clueless than Sarah Palin would get a high profile job in gov't. They look vaguely similar too.
I guess a donation of $200 million helps.

She managed to fail/fudge everyone of the very basic questions put to her. The shame of it!! :oops:
The worst part is her smiling . She genuinely thinks it's cute to be so clueless
How did she manage to get so rich? Was a casting couch scenario involved? :cuppaT:

This woman is supposed to be the Education Secretary !

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2017/01/18/six-astonishing-things-betsy-devos-said-and-refused-to-say-at-her-confirmation-hearing/?utm_term=.7d12eb181eb8&wpisrc=nl_most-draw8&wpmm=1

She didn't understand about gun-free zones, or IDEA or anything really.
When Elizabeth Warren asked about how she planned to protect waste, fraud and abuse from for-profit universities, citing Trump University her response was to say "i will be very vigilant"
Warren ended up having to explain the rules surrounding the issue already in place and she asked whether she would enforce them Devos wouldn't answer.
It's a joke.
Never seen so much incompetence gathered together.

Postby Vam » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:47 pm

Ooooh...Déjà vu, anyone? :gigglesnshit:

Maybe Canny & the Guest are subtly trying to suggest I was posting off-topic when I posted exactly the same vids ^^^ much earlier, in the Trump cartoon thread. My bad - slap wrist! :doomed:
Vam

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Vam wrote:Ooooh...Déjà vu, anyone? :gigglesnshit:

Maybe Canny & the Guest are subtly trying to suggest I was posting off-topic when I posted exactly the same vids ^^^ much earlier, in the Trump cartoon thread. My bad - slap wrist! :doomed:

I was just responding to Canary's post, haven't been in the Trump cartoon thread yet; the link I gave from the Washington Post (I subscribe) was from 4 days ago.
Of course if your post was from before last Thursday then you beat The Post to the scoop :wink:

Postby Keyser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:03 am

Vam wrote:Ooooh...Déjà vu, anyone? :gigglesnshit:

Those boots look bloody expensive! :kinell:

Hi Vam!

Hope that you are ok. :Hiya:
Keyser

Postby Vam » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:16 am

Oops! Too late to edit (& probably too late to post coherently) :oops:

I meant to say, "I posted about Sean Spicer and then posted the same Betsy Devos vid much earlier, in the Trump cartoon thread". Apologies, my mistake. Slap wrist - again! :doomed:

Hiya Keys :Hiya: Do you reeeeallly want me to answer you re the boots? :mrgreen:
Vam

Postby Keyser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 am

Vam wrote:Oops! Too late to edit (& probably too late to post coherently) :oops:

I meant to say, "I posted about Sean Spicer and then posted the same Betsy Devos vid much earlier, in the Trump cartoon thread". Apologies, my mistake. Slap wrist - again! :doomed:

Hiya Keys :Hiya: Do you reeeeallly want me to answer you re the boots? :mrgreen:

Indeed I do! :laughing:

Are they Christian Louboutin? :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:58 am

Keyser wrote:
Vam wrote:Hiya Keys :Hiya: Do you reeeeallly want me to answer you re the boots? :mrgreen:

So, kinda random but I guess I'm in the right place....

Is it a "thing" for women to spray-paint the soles of their shoes red in the same way that bloke might stick a "Cosworth" or "Turbo" badge to the back of their car?

Obviously, I get that somebody who knows what they're talking about would realise they're not authentic but I expect most people are only aware that "red soles = designer shoes".

Or are Shoe Express and River Island now flogging cheap shoes with red soles for all the wannabe fashionistas?
Si_Crewe

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:39 am

I spray paint the soles of my trainers bright pink. It's important to be fashionable at all times.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:49 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Vam wrote:Hiya Keys :Hiya: Do you reeeeallly want me to answer you re the boots? :mrgreen:

So, kinda random but I guess I'm in the right place....

Is it a "thing" for women to spray-paint the soles of their shoes red in the same way that bloke might stick a "Cosworth" or "Turbo" badge to the back of their car?

Obviously, I get that somebody who knows what they're talking about would realise they're not authentic but I expect most people are only aware that "red soles = designer shoes".

Or are Shoe Express and River Island now flogging cheap shoes with red soles for all the wannabe fashionistas?

:gigglesnshit: I guess, theoretically, people might try doing that. I'll let you draw your own conclusion whether or not I would :leer:
Vam

Postby Vam » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:50 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:I spray paint the soles of my trainers bright pink. It's important to be fashionable at all times.

:roll:
Vam

Postby Vam » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:25 am

Vam wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I spray paint the soles of my trainers bright pink. It's important to be fashionable at all times.

:roll:

Oh bugger - too late to edit again in here! :oops:

Smiley should have been >>> :pmsl:
Vam

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Spoiler: show
Vicky

Postby Stooo » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:40 pm

I got my charger back today for my scanner. Doesn't sound like a big thing but having the confidence of a full battery all day rather than one that lasts for a couple of hours before you have to replace it which generally sends the device into a panic and do all sorts of shenanigans for ages after really kills a lot of stress for me during the working day.

Little things...

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Victoria wrote:Image

Spoiler: show

I figured it out before I hit the spoiler, thx for the stroke :again?:
Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Archive