Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby jp761 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Blindspot is one I enjoy a fantastic show!

Scandal series 6 is looking good so far.
jp761

Re: Drama TV shows you enjoy ?

Postby 4ever2 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:18 am

I couldn't do these type of shows and perhaps that's the fascination with them; 'CHOPPED' - 'CHOPPED JUNIOR' - 'Master Chef' - 'Master Chef Junior' and I've learned so very much about baking and ole' English baking history from the 'Great English Baking Show' ...lots of raw talent from all sections of real life.
But I mostly watch PBS.
Oh, and the 'AMERICAN NINJA' competition is getting geared up for another new season to start soon.
4ever2

Postby mavis cruet » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Hello, :Hiya: my first post here on Dogs , thought i would slip in quietly :smilin:

I am a binge watcher, so my current binge is 'Orange is the New Black'. On season 2 at the mo, and although i did not think it would be my cup of tea, it is.
Also enjoy The Blacklist, TWD, Fortitude, Vampire Diaries :oops:

I tried GOT but just could not get into it,,any suggestions for further things to binge on are most welcome :popcorn:
mavis cruet

Postby jp761 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:09 pm

mavis cruet wrote:Hello, :Hiya: my first post here on Dogs , thought i would slip in quietly :smilin:

I am a binge watcher, so my current binge is 'Orange is the New Black'. On season 2 at the mo, and although i did not think it would be my cup of tea, it is.

I tried GOT but just could not get into it,,any suggestions for further things to binge on are most welcome :popcorn:
Hi and welcome aboard ahh Blacklist yep another fantastic show. The other ones on your list I don't currently watch I've heard good thing's about 'Orange is the New Black' though.

Homeland ? Person of Interest ? Have you checked out any of those ?
jp761

Postby bella.vita » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:59 pm

I need some recommendations so I thought I'd come and have a look here.

I love How To Get Away With Murder, Orange is The New Black, Scandal (although I am behind), The Crown, Game of Thrones, Jessica Jones, Stranger Things is really good ( I just binged watched it during my week off). I loved breaking Bad so I watched season 1 of Better Call Saul and I liked it. Oh, and Ray Donovan is really good, also.

I heard Narcos is amazing so I need to get onto that one.
bella.vita

Postby mavis cruet » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Cheers JP and Bella.Vita some shows to check out. I think that some of the long running shows have clearly improved and attracted bigger audiences over time, but for me, if it does not grip me after 3 episodes i tend not to bother.
mavis cruet

Postby 4ever2 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:21 pm

mavis cruet wrote:Hello, :Hiya: my first post here on Dogs , thought i would slip in quietly :smilin:

While getting deeply hooked into this series 'Mad Men'; and then having to go back and play catch up to the first 2 season's I'd missed ...I binged watched this as often as possible! With such a diverse cast of characters the story line was strong and exciting and the directions always kept you wondering, just where the writers were going to drag that handsome corporate hunk 'Don Draper' off too again. Lots of twists & turns and female development roles as were the way of the time period ...fascinating. I enjoy binge watching series like these on Netflix; it's how I got caught up on 'Breaking Bad'
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804503/videoplayer/vi69710105

4ever2

Postby Frankly » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:01 am

I'm looking forward to the new Broadchurch starting on Monday, with high hopes that it will be better than the second series.

:twirl: Also, Spiral is back in the Autumn, I believe. I absolutely love that programme. It keeps getting better and better.
Frankly

Postby jp761 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Perpetual wrote:I'm looking forward to the new Broadchurch starting on Monday, with high hopes that it will be better than the second series.

:twirl: Also, Spiral is back in the Autumn, I believe. I absolutely love that programme. It keeps getting better and better.
Good shout Broadchurch always great acting on that show. Hopefully series 3 will be a good one.
jp761

Postby Kizzie » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:53 am

I have been binge watching " The dutches of duke street" on you tube,

I have just bought one of those, jailbroken box things. but don't have a tv to connect it to though, I think i might still have my little portable though. Will hunt it out. I hate TV, but do like to binge watch a good series.

Not really sure what the heck to watch though.
Kizzie

Postby mavis cruet » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi Feline, what sort of shows do you usually enjoy? I am sure we can compile a massive list for you :smilin:
mavis cruet

Postby jp761 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:56 pm

At some point i'll remind myself of all the shows on my series link set up about 23 shows on that and most are dramas.

Obviously not all are active at the same time as shows obviously come on TV at different times of the year.
jp761

Postby Kizzie » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:36 pm

mavis cruet wrote:Hi Feline, what sort of shows do you usually enjoy? I am sure we can compile a massive list for you :smilin:

Drama, rags to riches type things. end of world/ survival, I liked that modern mafia type one a few years back now .. (forgot the name)

I binged watched Game of thrones the other week, I like that.

If you think of any would be glad of some help. name and rough idea of the story would be wonderful. :wubbers:
Kizzie

Postby jp761 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Feline wrote:
mavis cruet wrote:Hi Feline, what sort of shows do you usually enjoy? I am sure we can compile a massive list for you :smilin:

Drama, rags to riches type things. end of world/ survival, I liked that modern mafia type one a few years back now .. (forgot the name)

If you think of any would be glad of some help. name and rough idea of the story would be wonderful. :wubbers:
Binged watched Game of thrones how many episodes in a week ? I've watched series 1 to 4 forty episodes in just about 9 weeks. Need to watch series 5 soon.

Game of thrones is about the only show I can't watch on TV because it's on about the only channel that I don't have so I finally decided to buy it on Bluray instead. :mrgreen:
jp761

Postby Frankly » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:22 pm

Feline wrote:

'The Vikings' is supposed to be really good. I got the box set for xmas, which I've yet to watch, but it comes highly recommended.
Frankly

Next

Return to TV And Radio