DS and DTV Part 55

Big Threads

DS and DTV Part 55

Postby Vam » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Guest wrote:Lol :pmsl: If all else fails, try Keyser's "cowardly shitstirring baghead" tactic in the hope that no one notices the guest made a valid point :more beer:

No, the Guest is clearly a bit thick and therefore wouldn't know how to make a "valid point" ("lol") :flog:

Check out page 46 of this thread, and the 65 pages before that. Then come tell me who was "baiting" who (out of the blue, and without provocation)...
Last edited by Vam on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vam

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby SecretGuest » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:36 pm

jp761 wrote:Easily, just a simple I'm now going to post in a certain thread on DS. If the post shows up alongside the FMs user name who they are claiming to be, then yeah that will prove who they are.

OK Jp, you win. I'm now going to post on the McCann thread.
SecretGuest

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:38 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Spot on and some guests are members of DS if they are so interested in DS and it's posters, they should declare who they are on there. They are no doubt hiding things it isn't a level playing field.

No they shouldn't why do you have to declare who you are?

you don't know who I am and I post on DS. It is irrelevant to the discussions I take part in on here.

I agree. And besides, how would we know if they were being honest? Any guest could claim to be a DS poster, Scottie, Jason Watkins, Whedonite, Retford, muggins, ... it's not as if the admin can confirm or deny it. They can probably check ip's and tell one guest from another and if it matches an existing member, but nothing more.
It could obviously be proven. But as my post to Goodwife explains I just don't see why someone needs to hide their DS identity.

There are many reasons why someone wouldn't use their DS identity. And what does it matter anyway? This is a totally independent forum. There's no requirement, withholding your DS identity doesn't have any impact on the discussion. If anything I'd say it actually helps, those that do use their DS identity tend to end up in awful circular arguments that bore the shit out of everyone else.
What specific reasons though you obviously has some ideas.

I don't see the logic of hiding who you are on DS when you're participating in a thread that's about DS and it's posters.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Goodwife wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Spot on and some guests are members of DS if they are so interested in DS and it's posters, they should declare who they are on there. They are no doubt hiding things it isn't a level playing field.

you don't know who I am and I post on DS. It is irrelevant to the discussions I take part in on here.
Well it would level the playing field. But more importantly, why would anyone who is clearly interested in DS and it's posters want to hide who they are on the site.

What are the reasons ?

quite simply, its non of your beeswax :nelix:

the thread is about discussing DS and its posters. it matters not a jot if you are a poster or not

there is no stipulation that you should say who you are and potentially open yourself up to ridicule and abuse as some of you have
Fair enough. If some people want to hide what they got/get up too on DS then fine that's up to them. Imo it shows a guilty conscience though.
jp761

Postby Frankly » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:45 pm

jp761 wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Goodwife wrote:No they shouldn't why do you have to declare who you are?

I agree. And besides, how would we know if they were being honest? Any guest could claim to be a DS poster, Scottie, Jason Watkins, Whedonite, Retford, muggins, ... it's not as if the admin can confirm or deny it. They can probably check ip's and tell one guest from another and if it matches an existing member, but nothing more.
It could obviously be proven. But as my post to Goodwife explains I just don't see why someone needs to hide their DS identity.

There are many reasons why someone wouldn't use their DS identity. And what does it matter anyway? This is a totally independent forum. There's no requirement, withholding your DS identity doesn't have any impact on the discussion. If anything I'd say it actually helps, those that do use their DS identity tend to end up in awful circular arguments that bore the shit out of everyone else.

I don't see the logic of hiding who you are on DS when you're participating in a thread that's about DS and it's posters.

The logic is, that you are free to say what you want on here, without come-back, which is impossible to do on DS without some squealer reporting you! Lots of DSers post here, including Mods, so being under a different name is beneficial.
Frankly

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:Interesting reading, it appears that some guests can do metamorphosis into Keysers beer cans. :pmsl:

Has he publicly talked about drinking lots of alcohol ? It cracks me up how some people THINK they know about the lives of others.

Tut tut. An apostrophe is missing. Can you see where or should I help you?
Yes dear, I'm not writing an important letter so I don't always give a fuck. ;)

You don't have much in your locker do you, one-trick pony.

:thumbsup:
jp761

Postby VR6storm » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:49 pm

jra wrote: How's that fantasy world you appear to be living in?

A darn sight better than yours you dreary old cunt. I've had a wonderful weekend thanks very much....... and an even better evening
yesterday. But it wasn't like one of yours....... no money changed hands...... :dafinger:
VR6storm

Postby VR6storm » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:52 pm

jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:Has the big-baby been busy again. :pmsl: ;)

No you've only just arrived :guapo: :babby:
Just finish your Rusks.

Perhaps you should finish yours first..... :whistle: :whistle:
VR6storm

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:53 pm

@Frankly

You describe a person who is hiding something. Has it been clarified that mods post here ? Or is it just hearsay.

I'm not sure LOTS of DSers post here, the number of people using this site and specifically this section of the forum it isn't usually that high. It's a very small number when you compare it to the numbers of people that post across the DS forum.
jp761

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:54 pm

VR6storm wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:

Just finish your Rusks.

This joke is old now, you are the second person to ride on my coattails. :pmsl:
jp761

Postby VR6storm » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 pm

jp761 wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

Three 'specific' reasons right up there you myopic twat. :whistle: :whistle:
VR6storm

Postby Lame Duck » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:00 pm

VR6storm wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:

Just finish your Rusks.

The King of the lame comebacks strikes again :sarcy:
Lame Duck

Postby jp761 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:00 pm

SecretGuest wrote:
jp761 wrote:Easily, just a simple I'm now going to post in a certain thread on DS. If the post shows up alongside the FMs user name who they are claiming to be, then yeah that will prove who they are.

OK Jp, you win. I'm now going to post on the McCann thread.
Good try. But I said a 'certain' thread that meant not the ultra busy McCann one. Feel free to tell me your DS user name though and what other thread you are about to post in. :thumbsup:
jp761

Postby Frankly » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:02 pm

jp761 wrote:@Frankly

You describe a person who is hiding something. Has it been clarified that mods post here ? Or is it just hearsay.

I'm not sure LOTS of DSers post here, the number of people using this site and specifically this section of the forum it isn't usually that high. It's a very small number when you compare it to the numbers of people that post across the DS forum.

Why is that even relevant? It is just 'known', and yes, there are many posters here who also post on DS.

Anyway, guest posting is part and parcel of Dogs. Stop moaning about it, for goodness sake!
Frankly

Postby Goodwife » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:02 pm

jp761 wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
jp761 wrote:

Well it would level the playing field. But more importantly, why would anyone who is clearly interested in DS and it's posters want to hide who they are on the site.

What are the reasons ?

quite simply, its non of your beeswax :nelix:

the thread is about discussing DS and its posters. it matters not a jot if you are a poster or not

there is no stipulation that you should say who you are and potentially open yourself up to ridicule and abuse as some of you have
Fair enough. If some people want to hide what they got/get up too on DS then fine that's up to them. Imo it shows a guilty conscience though.

a guilty conscience of what exactly?
Goodwife

Next

Return to The Archive